Mustang GT350R Gets Back Seat Option

I remember posting the link to the Ford performance site for this item a while back. I think it's a good idea and Ford can make some money offering the seat in limited numbers/by order only. I wouldn't want to be in that seat while the car is being put through it's paces as it were but hey, to each their own.

Edited by Hugh

I just don't understand the logic of ordering a car that doesn't come with a backseat then asking for one later on....

Perhaps there's someone who wants all the 350 goodness but will pay to have the extra seat opposed to staying with a GT.

There's also the matter that other than the obvious weight savings from the 350R over the 350, the specs between the two are nearly identical.

I don't understand paying more for the R if you're just going to put a back seat right back in it. Maybe it's because I'm looking at it from a broke-ass millennial's perspective.

• Like 1

There's also the matter that other than the obvious weight savings from the 350R over the 350, the specs between the two are nearly identical.

I don't understand paying more for the R if you're just going to put a back seat right back in it. Maybe it's because I'm looking at it from a broke-ass millennial's perspective.

The R comes with the carbon fiber wheels where the regular (if you can call it that) 350 doesn't, right? Doesn't the R get some other track goodies too?

When in doubt RTFM......

From the order guide, this is the additional changes for the R package over the non-R with the Track package:

• 19” Carbon Fiber Wheels
• Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires
– Front – 305/30 ZR 19
– Rear – 315/30 ZR 19
• Wheel Locking Kit
• Carbon Fiber Rear Wing
• Chin Splitter
• Unique Chassis Tuning
• Deletes the following standard features: Rear Seat, Rear View Camera, Air
Conditioning, Auxiliary Gauges, Floor Mats, Tire Inflator and Sealant Kit, Audio
System, SYNC® and USB Ports

When in doubt RTFM......

From the order guide, this is the additional changes for the R package over the non-R with the Track package:

• 19” Carbon Fiber Wheels

• Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires

– Front – 305/30 ZR 19

– Rear – 315/30 ZR 19

• Wheel Locking Kit

• Carbon Fiber Rear Wing

• Chin Splitter

• Unique Chassis Tuning

• Deletes the following standard features: Rear Seat, Rear View Camera, Air

Conditioning, Auxiliary Gauges, Floor Mats, Tire Inflator and Sealant Kit, Audio

System, SYNC® and USB Ports

No A/C?? The horror!!!!

Reading somewhere the backseat option is for not only bringing kids/small adults to the track or a daily driver but to beat insurance rates as a 2+2 instead of a 2-seater

It's a GT350 RRRRRRRRRR

I don't think the back seat will change your insurance. It's a race car.