...I believe someone on here said, they already ren a couple of the 09's and there are not exterior changes.

Igor

Igor, if you're referring to theSTAP's latest rumour thread...

...I have seen the 2008 Grand Marquis in March 2006 of this year as a CP build, you are going to be disappointed when you see it , there is NO exterior Body changes.

This just another opportunity to find out if one thinks the glass is half full, half empty, bone dry, or maybe in the process of being filled.

Since the article is only about the CVPI, and the second ($200million) mystery-redo was always said to be 2008CY, I'm still hoping the retail cars (CV, GM!, TC?) will get even more significant changes.

An interior redo is probably in order, just to control cost related to the oprhaned components. Ford is not a strong believer in dramatic cosmetic change unless the car is completely new to the segment.

Edited by Edgey

Since the article is only about the CVPI, and the second ($200million) mystery-redo was always said to be 2008CY, I'm still hoping the retail cars (CV, GM!, TC?) will get even more significant changes.

You really think 200 million will make any difference in the styling of the CV? You'll be lucky to see a new grill or headlights

The Dimetions will stay the same, but it said nothing about anything else remaining the same. And what dimentions?

The stuff disscussed on CV net dimention wise was pretty basic stuff remember those kind of dimentions were shared by the first and second gen CV's but in a totoally different wrapper.

It appears the basic panther chassis will remain, with improvemnts. Look for the 3 link SRA. the 3V or the new v8 as an option. plus revised fuel tank and rear frame.

Stuff that myself and other have been saying is all that needs done to these cars to fullfill a continuing role for anouther decade or so.

This may also be why the V8 in the MKS was dropped. Possibly the TC or maybe a Continetal show car knock off will appear as the Lincoln flag ship. There is no way STAP can remain open making only 65K cop cars a year. There will have to be other cars on the platform or STAP will be flexed to handle anouther vehical. Possible on a totoally separate line under the same roof.

Finally some common sence has prevalied at Ford. About FN time.

Matthew

Edited by matthewq4b

Ford is not a strong believer in dramatic cosmetic change unless the car is completely new to the segment.

That's exactly why Ford HAS to keep launching vehicles new to segments. They let the original version get so outdated until it's so hopeless that nothing less than a completely new vehicle will fix it. :doh:

Edited by NickF1011

That's exactly why Ford HAS to keep launching vehicles new to segments. They let the original version get so outdated until it's so hopeless that nothing less than a completely new vehicle will fix it. :doh:

Launching and then hoping for a home run. Man it makes me sick too see the way they let so many vehicles die on the vine.

Launching and then hoping for a home run. Man it makes me sick too see the way they let so many vehicles die on the vine.

I believe I heard Fields say, that that is one of the things that needs to be changed ... not saying he will manage, just saying that it seems that finally someone higher up at Ford realizes that.

Also I heard Fields was literally shocked with the LOOK Explorer, Expedition and Excape redesign - especially Explorer, and has a new team on its all-new 2010 model, to make the looks finally match the quality of the vehicle.

Again - this is hear say, but it seems someone knows what is going on, and hopefully will deliver on it - we shal see.

Igor

An interior redo is probably in order, just to control cost related to the oprhaned components. Ford is not a strong believer in dramatic cosmetic change unless the car is completely new to the segment.

And that is the reason why Ford is failing, They want to sell vehicles decades old and now americans are saying "go fuck yourself ford" and ford deserves it, I just can't believe how bad the company is doing and they are fricking scared to change anything.

I believe I heard Fields say, that that is one of the things that needs to be changed ... not saying he will manage, just saying that it seems that finally someone higher up at Ford realizes that.

Also I heard Fields was literally shocked with the LOOK Explorer, Expedition and Excape redesign - especially Explorer, and has a new team on its all-new 2010 model, to make the looks finally match the quality of the vehicle.

Again - this is hear say, but it seems someone knows what is going on, and hopefully will deliver on it - we shal see.

Igor

Well that is good, and i hope it is true, because if it isn't then ford will be dead in the water. It is just sad that Fields has to swallow his dignity for the next couple years during these laughable SUV redesigns launch.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

My god, the Panther mafia plants blogs now???

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

This is not the future folks, its a cling to the past. Its going to be WAY easier for a cop to nail your car with an EMP after all the electronics get put in it, than to chase you down. Going FORWARD, this type of "patrol" car is going to be a lot sleeker, AND a lot smaller.