Lincoln Navigator Reignites Bold

Not all Continentals get that, that's only for the highest end models I think. I haven't been able to figure that out yet.

I think that is the LED light option. However, for the Navi concept, wouldn't you expect it to be showing all the 'bells and whistles'? I think this look would be cool on the Navi, that's why I'm hoping RMC can pull it off.

I think that is the LED light option. However, for the Navi concept, wouldn't you expect it to be showing all the 'bells and whistles'? I think this look would be cool on the Navi, that's why I'm hoping RMC can pull it off.

Nah, don't show your whole hand right out of the gate. Save some of it for the production model showing.

I would imagine that feature will eventually make its way across the whole Lincoln lineup anyway as the do their normal refresh cycles. If I'm not mistaken, the 2017 MKZ is getting it, I see no reason why Navigator won't as well.

THANKS for the pix, Hbalek!! thumb.gifthumb.gif

I heard 'elsewhere' that the MKZ in the private area has the Vineyard [bL] interior theme(?)

Tho the lighting isn't the best, were you able to see (or be) INSIDE?

and if so, describe it?

Also heard it has the new [bL] Chroma Cabernet paint and would like to know if it's the same as the "coppery" paint we saw on a Continental testcar or not :)

Well, the Navigator concept's headlight arrangement is the LED setup for it. Not to mention I was trying to avoid the direct copy of the Conti's front, but I'll throw them on there if I get a chance. Any color request for it with the different headlights (I don't think I'll put them on all of the colors).

THANKS for the pix, Hbalek!! thumb.gifthumb.gif

I heard 'elsewhere' that the MKZ in the private area has the Vineyard [bL] interior theme(?)

Tho the lighting isn't the best, were you able to see (or be) INSIDE?

and if so, describe it?

Also heard it has the new [bL] Chroma Cabernet paint and would like to know if it's the same as the "coppery" paint we saw on a Continental testcar or not :)

The preproduction 2017 MKZ and Continental are normally locked up I believe for safety reasons. I was lucky yesterday because they had left it unlocked. I was able to touch and feel the soft leather trimmed seats, dash, door panels, steering wheel hub, suede headliner, etc. It all looked and felt great to the touch! The exterior color is more like a tricoat iridescent dark color that looks like a different color or shade from different angles and in different light. The other color is more bright copper/orange color which the MKX at the show was in.

• Like 2

The preproduction 2017 MKZ and Continental are normally locked up I believe for safety reasons. I was lucky yesterday because they had left it unlocked. I was able to touch and feel the soft leather trimmed seats, dash, door panels, steering wheel hub, suede headliner, etc. It all looked and felt great to the touch! The exterior color is more like a tricoat iridescent dark color that looks like a different color or shade from different angles and in different light. The other color is more bright copper/orange color which the MKX at the show was in.

reTHANKS, Hbalek!

would you describe the color(s) of the interior, please ... I *had* thought one of the MKZ's at the L.A show was Vineyard but now am pretty sure it was the "Black/TouringWhite" of the DriversPkg (& that there are NO fotos of Vineyard anywhere on the web)

&

remember reading that Vineyard is supposed to being (partly/mostly) a dark red

so expecting it to replace CenterStage .....were the seats partly alcantara or all leather?

Edited by 2b2

[quo.te name=2b2" post="973452" timestamp="1459732753]

reTHANKS, Hbalek!

would you describe the color(s) of the interior, please ... I *had* thought one of the MKZ's at the L.A show was Vineyard but now am pretty sure it was the "Black/TouringWhite" of the DriversPkg (& that there are NO fotos of Vineyard anywhere on the web)

&

remember reading that Vineyard is supposed to being (partly/mostly) a dark red

so expecting it to replace CenterStage .....were the seats partly alcantara or all leather?

To my eyes and in that lighting both interior and exterior looked like a rich, dark brown. The seats were all leather with some black trim just like the white you mentioned except instead of white it was a brownish color. The only suede was the headliner. Here is the same MKZ I photographed a few months ago at the DC auto show in much better lighting and if you zoom in you can see the brown leather front seats! I noticed yesterday some more subtle changes to the rear. Besides the obvious new tailpipes they also moved the trunk button from under the bumper to the far right of the center mounted spoiler LED brake lamp. Its a tiny black button which integrates to the far right of the gray LED cluster. They also minimized almost eliminated the gap or seam between spoiler edge and decklid top.

post-20193-0-96720500-1459740806_thumb.jpg

post-20193-0-63569500-1459740852_thumb.jpg

Edited by hbalek
  • Like 1

Well, the Navigator concept's headlight arrangement is the LED setup for it. Not to mention I was trying to avoid the direct copy of the Conti's front, but I'll throw them on there if I get a chance. Any color request for it with the different headlights (I don't think I'll put them on all of the colors).

I'll trust your judgement for the color selection. I really appreciate you doing this, I'm curious to see if the Conti look gives a better appearance than what is on the Navi concept now.