Nissan Titan XD Ike Gauntlet Run

fordmantpw

Kinda/ maybe explains why Ram didn't use this motor.

That's likely at least part of the reason. I've checked the fuel economy on Fuelly, and overall, the XD diesel is averaging only 1 +/- MPG better than the Super Duty with the 6.7L. I would wager that 6.7L owners are towing more than XD owners, so to me, that's a big failure for the Cummins.

• Like 1

Does anyone know If the new Titan available in dealer stock in any quanities yet? They only sold 896 of them last month. If production and availability has normalized, that is a disaster for Nissan.

I have seen several at the Nissan dealers I've driven past. I'm not sure if availability has normalized or not though. I've looked at a few, and dang they are ugly!

• Like 1

I have seen several at the Nissan dealers I've driven past. I'm not sure if availability has normalized or not though. I've looked at a few, and dang they are ugly!

Maybe it will steal some Tundra (equally as ugly) sales from the guys that "...just gotta have a non-American truck". Nobody test drives a F-150 then buys a Tundra.

Does anyone know If the new Titan available in dealer stock in any quanities yet? They only sold 896 of them last month. If production and availability has normalized, that is a disaster for Nissan.

Titan XD inventories at U.S. Nissan dealerships are still ramping up. The regular (half ton) second generation Titan is scheduled for release in "late summer 2016" according to Nissan.

Maybe it will steal some Tundra (equally as ugly) sales from the guys that "...just gotta have a non-American truck". Nobody test drives a F-150 then buys a Tundra.

Titan and Tundra are American trucks. Both are designed, engineered, and assembled entirely in the USA. Both trucks are much more popular in the Southern United States (not surprising, since the trucks are assembled there) and some parts of the West than in the U.S. as a whole.

I do agree that a typical F-150 prospect is unlikely to purchase a Tundra or Titan.

Titan and Tundra are American trucks. Both are designed, engineered, and assembled entirely in the USA. Both trucks are much more popular in the Southern United States (not surprising, since the trucks are assembled there) and some parts of the West than in the U.S. as a whole.

But, in many buyers' minds, it is purchased because they refuse to purchase an American vehicle (one from the big 3). As noted, it is not typically purchased because it is a better truck.

• Like 2

Ichiro Suzuki plays baseball in the USA -that does not make him American. He lives here, takes BP here, He is a Japanese ball player earning his living in a foreign market. Titan and Tundra are Japanese trucks designed and built for the American market. That is much more accurate description.

I won't argue with you - but you won't change my mind.

Both trucks are much more popular in the Southern United States (not surprising, since the trucks are assembled there) and some parts of the West than in the U.S. as a whole.

No need to clue me on on the popularity - those hideous things are all over the place in Colorado.

Ichiro Suzuki plays baseball in the USA -that does not make him American. He lives here, takes BP here, He is a Japanese ball player earning his living in a foreign market. Titan and Tundra are Japanese trucks designed and built for the American market. That is much more accurate description.

Tundra and Titan are no more "Japanese" than Ram 1500 is "Anglo/Dutch/Italian". Every LD full size pickup truck offered for new retail sale in the U.S. market is an American product, regardless of HQ locations for the respective parent companies.

A better analogy would be Tiky drink:

63e4a8_0c260867f5b64b89a00ea72385e44f3d.

This is a product of Guatemala, and is specifically bottled and distributed in that country. The parent company that owns the TIky brand is Coca-Cola. That doesn't make Tiky a U.S. product.

Your comparison to the Ram trucks being Italian isn't relevant. Dodge/Ram is an American brand, acquired by an Italian company. Nobody considers it Italian, that's just nonsense.

Toyota is and has always been Japanese.

You've made brand identity and public perception the defining issues which skews the matter in favor of your argument. Not content source. Not place of manufacture. Not corporate ownership. Not even a domestic incorporation of a foreign manufacturer.

Let's say FCA sells Ram and Geely is the buyer-and it's not hidden. I'm certain Ram would suffer for the association. A Camry made in Kentucky is more an American vehicle than a FCA Ram made in Mexico.

Tundra and Titan are no more "Japanese" than Ram 1500 is "Anglo/Dutch/Italian". Every LD full size pickup truck offered for new retail sale in the U.S. market is an American product, regardless of HQ locations for the respective parent companies.

A better analogy would be Tiky drink:

63e4a8_0c260867f5b64b89a00ea72385e44f3d.

This is a product of Guatemala, and is specifically bottled and distributed in that country. The parent company that owns the TIky brand is Coca-Cola. That doesn't make Tiky a U.S. product.

My experience:

I worked many years for a US Based Software Giant - I won't mention names but they are now known for holding what is generally regarded as the 'Oldest Trophy in Sports'. If you can't guess google it. Our #1 competitor was German based. We had major operations in Germany and across Europe - including sales, development and support centers. Our top leadership made it very clear - we were not there to be 'good guys'. We were there to compete fiercely 24/7/365 to take as much business away from our competitor right in their own front and back yard. Funny - our CEO was also known for his admiration of the Japanese culture of competitiveness.

Aneekr - Tell me how Toyota and the Tundra is any different than the American company I described above?

Let's just reverse the logic to prove the point. Would the Japanese people consider a Ford assembled in Japan (like that could ever happen, but imagine) Japanese? Of course not! So switching the names around is does not change the logic.

• Like 1

You've made brand identity and public perception the defining issues which skews the matter in favor of your argument. Not content source. Not place of manufacture. Not corporate ownership. Not even a domestic incorporation of a foreign manufacturer.

Let's say FCA sells Ram and Geely is the buyer-and it's not hidden. I'm certain Ram would suffer for the association. A Camry made in Kentucky is more an American vehicle than a FCA Ram made in Mexico.

I'm making them "defining issues" because that's what the vast majority of people think. Very very few people look at a Tundra and think "oh that truck is built here in Texas, it's an American truck!!" they see the Toyota badge and think it's Japanese. Edited by rmc523