Los Angeles Auto Show 2016

I hope you are wrong about this, I'm expecting the Model E to have a bespoke chassis in terms of electrification, designed to carry batteries without impinging on luggage or passenger space (i.e. what GM has done with the Volt chassis). IMO it would be a huge mistake for Ford to stick Model E with another bandaid solution for its batteries.

Don't expect a bespoke chassis for the Model E, but a platform developed with both ICE and electrification in mind from the start. It won't be the compromise that the electric Focus is (less range) nor the compromise of the Volt (4 passengers). At least, that's what I envision.

I want to see a Navigator, and a RWD-bias Lincoln coupe or sedan concept on an early version of CD6, just to get people talking and cause a stir. It would also let know all the dedicated Lincoln owners, fans, and supporters that they are fully committed to progressing Lincoln into the future in a big way with advanced platforms and technologies that are world class. I've heard multiple times that they've got a coupe in Dearborn under wraps.....

Cops love the new Explorers, so no market for the big Taurus, anymore. It's a dinosaur. And don't expect any Mark IX or Cougar to come back.

It's CUV/SUV/Pickup mania. When gas goes up again, smaller Utes will sell, but not big cars.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a Mark return. Maybe not within the next year or two, but I've heard they are working on a coupe.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a Mark return. Maybe not within the next year or two, but I've heard they are working on a coupe.

They absolutely have a coupe..... the problem is they are too reserved and are afraid to produce it, because it probably will get shredded up by Cadillac and the German's....... it would need a superior ride and design to the ATS and superior interior quality and superior powertrain, something Ford isn't capable of at this time.... That's just my opinion, except for the beginning, they absolutely have a coupe in Dearborn, that's a guarantee, that's probably what David Woodhouse has been playing with, besides the Navigator and Aviator.

If that is indeed the case, I would expect it around the same time as the next gen Mustang.

2020.... you heard it here first.... it's going to be the next big launch after the Aviator.... it will share the platform with the Mustang and will have a sedan version as well.....

Edited by LincolnLover

They absolutely have a coupe..... the problem is they are too reserved and are afraid to produce it, because it probably will get shredded up by Cadillac and the German's....... it would need a superior ride and design to the ATS and superior interior quality and superior powertrain, something Ford isn't capable of at this time.... That's just my opinion, except for the beginning, they absolutely have a coupe in Dearborn, that's a guarantee, that's probably what David Woodhouse has been playing with, besides the Navigator and Aviator.

see, this is the problem. Don't state your opinion and conjecture as fact without backing it up with actual fact and watch the sarcastic replies vanish...
  • Like 1