Ford GT puts out 647HP top speed of 216 MPH

Why? 647 isn't enough? How hard do you think it would be to get over 700HP anyway? :headscratch:

I am sure they could have made 800hp with no problem since it has been said they can make over 1000hp.750hp would have made a greater statement in my estimation,and really made a greater point with the statement one of the best power to weight ratios in the industry.I dont think thats too hard to see is it? :headscratch::nonono:

I am sure they could have made 800hp with no problem since it has been said they can make over 1000hp.750hp would have made a greater statement in my estimation,and really made a greater point with the statement one of the best power to weight ratios in the industry.I dont think thats too hard to see is it? :headscratch::nonono:

So you don't understand that adding more top end hp typically hurts low end torque and driveability and probably reliability? This isn't a drag car or even a race car - it's a street car. Why doesn't Ferrari 700+ HP?

The Lambo Aventador has 700 but it also has twice as many cylinders but also weighs 400-700 lbs more.

750hp would have made a greater statement in my estimation,and really made a greater point with the statement one of the best power to weight ratios in the industry.I dont think thats too hard to see is it? :headscratch::nonono:

Is this too hard to see? The new GT already has THE best power to weight ratio in the industry.

Update: 2017 Ford GT Supercar will have 630HP, weigh 2,890 lbs and cost $397,500 – the best power-to-weight-ratio of any car, ever

.....two GTs ( one older model , the other this one )we at a race track out by Ojai in California the other day with Michelin. Track is called thermal....apparently there to test the tires....apparently from a witness the cars didn't do that well, so im guessing Michelin is still dialing in compounds....

Is this too hard to see? The new GT already has THE best power to weight ratio in the industry.

I don't think that is a true statement by Ford.

Google power to weight ratio of Super cars. The Ford GT has 647HP and weighs in with all fluids and a full tank of gas at ~ 3300 lbs. that's 5.1 lbs / HP.

So you don't understand that adding more top end hp typically hurts low end torque and driveability and probably reliability? This isn't a drag car or even a race car - it's a street car. Why doesn't Ferrari 700+ HP?

The Lambo Aventador has 700 but it also has twice as many cylinders but also weighs 400-700 lbs more.

AND you can knock it off!!the FORD GT can take 750hp with no problem.it is light enough where it doesnt need 700tq or a monster amount of tq.and by the way the FORD GT weighs 3054.thank you very much. :happy feet: :drool:

AND you can knock it off!!the FORD GT can take 750hp with no problem.it is light enough where it doesnt need 700tq or a monster amount of tq.and by the way the FORD GT weighs 3054.thank you very much. :happy feet: :drool:

You're assuming it doesn't.

Ford has radically understated engine power on every performance vehicle for at least 20 years.

My money says this will be 650hp at the wheels when owners start doing their own dyno testing.

You're assuming it doesn't.

Ford has radically understated engine power on every performance vehicle for at least 20 years.

My money says this will be 650hp at the wheels when owners start doing their own dyno testing.

you are 100% correct.it was said the old GT500 had almost 700hp from the factory.I am almost certain the FORD GT will have well over 650hp. :happy feet:

• Like 1

A little bit of qualification to the 700 HP claim:

The older GT was around 11.3 seconds for the 1/4 mile, MT added a pulley and then went 10.8

This new GT looks to be around 10.3 for the 1/4 mile straight out of the box....

Edited by jpd80

Also, I love that they rented out Mosport for testing, not that one place in Germany...

It's funny--the last few episodes of The Grand Tour, I was wondering if James May was channeling you. Either last week or the week before, during Conversation Street, he went off on automakers setting records at that one place in Germany, and this week, when Clarkson and the Hamster decided to go to that one place in Germany, you could almost hear May's eyes rolling...

It's funny--the last few episodes of The Grand Tour, I was wondering if James May was channeling you. Either last week or the week before, during Conversation Street, he went off on automakers setting records at that one place in Germany, and this week, when Clarkson and the Hamster decided to go to that one place in Germany, you could almost hear May's eyes rolling...

It's like a desperate need for valdation / approval by others this self appointed gold standard.

Ford is smarter then to fall for go fetch/follow the "leader, that's playing to their level.

It's funny that those 'ring times go unanswered just like the constant demands to test a regular GT-350

alongside the SS 1LE - denying the peanut gallery the closure they so desperately crave.....Priceless. :)

Edited by jpd80