Mustang Shelby GT500 rumors starting to leak out

There is a shot of a dash from a Mustang on MustangG6.com that shows the car in 7th gear (indicating it has 10 speed auto or DSG) and it going 55 MPH-which could be also interpreted as 755HP

The mile odo shows 11218-which happens to be the day before Detroit auto show also...

With all that I still want a GT350 still :)

• Like 1

Do I see a 7.3L gas V8 on that list? And 1.5L & 2.0L diesels? And a 1.5L I3 GTDI "Dragon"? The 5.0L V8, 6.2L V8 and 6.8L V10 are all missing. The 7.3L could replace the 6.2L and 6.8L, but it concerns me that a regular 5.0L V8 is missing on this list. Never mind, I found the 5.0L on there.

Edited by NLPRacing

I would not be surprised to see electric motors driving the front wheels.

That is the speculation to actually be able to easily put the power to the ground. Some folks think it will happen, while others think it will come with the next generation of Mustang. Also fueling those rumors are the hubs that the GT350 brought to the table, which were actually where beefed up splined hubs. The GT500 is using these too. Take it for what it's worth. I expect it with the next generation because electrification will be included from day 1. If it happens, I will be surprised and impressed.

The new Corvette LT5 supercharged 6.2L is rumored to have (coincidentally?) 755 hp in the Corvette.

I assume we'll see it in a Camaro to go against the GT500.

It would not surprise me for Ford to advertise 755 but deliver closer to 800. Then after the Camaro debuts with 755 or 760 they do a software update to "magically" change it to 800, like they did on the new Diesel truck engine a few years ago.

Wonder what the redline will be on the blown 5.2....I truly doubt it will be the 8000 plus of the naturally aspirated GT350 ...and will the cross plane be nixed in the interest of NVH?...

No idea on redline but it won't be anything close to GT350. It will be a cross plane crank, not a flat plane crank that is used in the GT350. It allegedly is an animal.

• Like 1

There is a shot of a dash from a Mustang on MustangG6.com that shows the car in 7th gear (indicating it has 10 speed auto or DSG) and it going 55 MPH-which could be also interpreted as 755HP

The mile odo shows 11218-which happens to be the day before Detroit auto show also...

With all that I still want a GT350 still :)

Couple of other interesting numbers in that picture. Odometer is 1964.5 miles. 289 miles to E. Paying homage to it's history.

2018-Ford-Mustang-B-7_o.jpg?s=183995

• Like 4