Ford February 2018 Sales

I think he meant there won’t be a new Fusion based on the rumors from a few weeks ago.

But as we discussed it will likely just move to a new platform.

if the rumors of the Focus growing by 2 inches are true, it wouldn't require much to make a slightly longer model as a the Fusion. The current Focus WB is 104 and the Fusion is 112-and most of the competition has a 110-111inch WB

I think it could go either way depending on whether they want to keep it as a cheap FWD vehicle or take it upmarket at lower volume as a SHO replacement.

Well given the fact the SHO has pretty much had a $4500 rebate on it for most of its production life and the Fusion Sport currently has a $3000 incentive on it, I wonder how much of a demand there is a for a higher end sedan like that.

I was paying attention to the change in the Lincolns nomenclature, and I saw that aviator and Navigator are similar names in their writings. So maybe it's cool the next entry sedan has some name similar to "Continental", such as "Lincoln Elemental"

Edited by RadicalX

Can we expect some concept car like aviator, or the next Z sedan, still this year in some showroom?

Aviator yes. That should debut in a few months in New York. Anything else is still up in the air at this point.

Ive seen drawings of the Aviator. Basically take the nautilus and stretch it a little bit and make the back end shaped more like an Explorer and you can get an idea of what it looks like. Its sharp looking.

• Like 1

Can we expect some concept car like aviator, or the next Z sedan, still this year in some showroom?

Aviator concept at NY.

Aviator yes. That should debut in a few months in New York. Anything else is still up in the air at this point.

Ive seen drawings of the Aviator. Basically take the nautilus and stretch it a little bit and make the back end shaped more like an Explorer and you can get an idea of what it looks like. Its sharp looking.

I wonder if it'll have a Range Rover look to it?

Lincoln needs to produce a concept......by that I mean literally the concept look needs to be the production model with no changes like we saw from Conti concept to production, or to a lesser extent Navi concept to production.

hopefully the Aviator will come with the new focus 4 hybrid engine. Or, if its not too much ask, any version with full electrical propulsion

Aviator concept at NY.

I wonder if it'll have a Range Rover look to it?

Lincoln needs to produce a concept......by that I mean literally the concept look needs to be the production model with no changes like we saw from Conti concept to production, or to a lesser extent Navi concept to production.

It totally has a Range Rover look.

hopefully the Aviator will come with the new focus 4 hybrid engine. Or, if its not too much ask, any version with full electrical propulsion

We already know a 3.0EB hybrid is coming. Presumably this is where it'd make its debut.

It totally has a Range Rover look.

Good. Now they just need to produce it as-is and not water it down to production.

Lincoln's current designs, while nice and I like them, need some "oomph" to them. Something to grab peoples' attention. The Conti concept had that. The production model didn't. Aviator needs to retain that "wow" appeal. Only then will Lincoln start catching on with more and more people. Navigator was a fantastic start.

• Like 1

Be careful what you wish for. The baleen grills certainly grabbed attention, just not in a good way...

There were a few iterations of the split wing that looked pretty good (the current MKX is an example. And there were ones where it looked terrible (MKT, MKS refresh).

If it looks like a Range Rover as fuzzy says, then itll catch attention.