Ford to reveal future product plans on Thursday (Bronco under cover and a baby Bronco!)

They said 2 and 4 door which is what I was told was being considered 2 years ago

Yay accurate sources! :)

care to speculate on production volumes at Map, given what we've been shown today

maybe MAP will be really busy in the next few years..

RMC...thats what new product does...WHEN its worthy....Ive mentioned before...its been a long time since I have witnessed the hype that surrounds the Bronco....a LONG time.

Oh I know. I'm really excited now, and just yesterday things were looking dicey haha. This is definitely the kind of announcement they needed.

You mean the Bronco that's still at least 12 - 18 months away from actual production?

Im starting to think that the rumored delay was either not as long as thought or they got everything back on track and up to speed. Still no word from MAP launch team on when it might be good to go. My guess is now Q4 2019.

For Pete's sake - it's been called CD6 for at least a couple of years. We've seen if referenced in public documents and by insiders. And they're not changing that.

You people will argue about anything.

An you jump in like a dickhead when it's not needed. How about reading the rest of my post before

flying off the handle.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

care to speculate on production volumes at Map, given what we've been shown today

maybe MAP will be really busy in the next few years..

way too early to tell. I still dont believe its 3 shifts worth of production unless a 3rd vehicle comes in. Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Im starting to think that the rumored delay was either not as long as thought or they got everything back on track and up to speed. Still no word from MAP launch team on when it might be good to go. My guess is now Q4 2019.

The new Broncos are on next gen T6, there had to be a gap until that work was completed.

Done by North America, not out of FAPA.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

I guess I don't understand the sudden optimism.

Mach 1 BEV - already announced

PHEV Aviator and Explorer - already known and discussed here

Baby Bronco - either the new short C utility or a new Everest - we've discussed both already

Hybrid F150 and Mustang - already announced

New platforms - already known and discussed here

PHEV and HEV utilities - already known

What am I missing?

Which would be 18 months, right?

• Like 1

An you jump in like a dickhead when it's not needed. How about reading the rest of my post before

flying off the handle.

I did read the rest of your post and it doesn't make any sense. CD6 is the name of the new platform architecture. Explorer/Aviator and Mustang are going to be on CD6. There is nothing to suggest that would change or needs to change.

Baby Bronco - either the new short C utility or a new Everest - we've discussed both already

What am I missing?

Its the first official confirmation of all the stuff you mentioned as being speculation prior to today. Not everyone reads Internet forums.

Which would be 18 months, right?

wow yeah it is.... it was initially supposed to launch Q3 2019.

I did read the rest of your post and it doesn't make any sense. CD6 is the name of the new platform architecture. Explorer/Aviator and Mustang are going to be on CD6. There is nothing to suggest that would change or needs to change.

Yes I'm aware of that... arguing with 630 is like strangling water...yeesh

I consider platform as a project cost center so CD6 is valid and exists has done so for nearly three years that i know of.

Early word was tht ford took inspiration form what was doen with D3 Cars and SUVs as well as Falcon Territory to

develop an architecture that was flexible enough to include a broad envelope of products as needed.

Edited by jpd80

What am I missing?

I think it's just the firm/concrete announcement of it all. It's not all just rumors and whisperings, and bits and pieces that indicate this or that might be coming. It IS coming, and we got some things we didn't know about for sure too.

Plus we got a timeline for most of it too.

Edited by rmc523

Yes I'm aware of that... arguing with 630 is like strangling water...yeesh

That's true. Sorry but I feel like you ignore things that we've been discussing for months if not years and also ignoring insider confirmation of these things. As an example we've known Aviator would be RWD on CD6 for at least 12-18 months.

I think it's just the firm/concrete announcement of it all. It's not all just rumors and whisperings, and bits and pieces that indicate this or that might be coming. It IS coming, and we got some things we didn't know about for sure too.

I guess I'm more trusting of insider information and reading between the lines.

I guess I'm more trusting of insider information and reading between the lines.

Oh I'm with you, I've been on board with info that's been discussed here, but still, it's now set in stone and coming for sure, rather than bits and pieces lining up to a conclusion by us, and it's just nice to see with how empty the Ford cupboard has been product wise the last few years.

Oh I'm with you, I've been on board with info that's been discussed here, but still, it's now set in stone and coming for sure, rather than bits and pieces lining up to a conclusion by us, and it's just nice to see with how empty the Ford cupboard has been product wise the last few years.

It's more the not knowing for sure with wishy washy timetables, these products didn't suddenly spring to life in the past 12 months

but clearly a lot of slow down, delays have been lifted...

Maybe Hacketts best question was why are all these products delayed?

Edited by jpd80

Wow, a lot of stuff to digest.

This was the only thing that caught me off guard:

Ford president Jim Farley, who oversees the company's global markets, said the Bronco and unnamed ute will be fundamentally different than the Jeep Wrangler, following a strategy of vehicles that are comfortable at high speeds, in the sand and on two-lane trails. As expected, Farley said the Bronco will come in two- and four-door variants when it arrives for 2020. It will also offer a hybrid model as part of Ford's electric push. The image below is our first glimpse at what it might look like.

Fundamentally different than the Wrangler? Two-lane trails? That does not sound very rugged like many were expecting. I almost sounds like they are starting to temper expectations of this being a Wrangler competitor and more of a everyday fun vehicle that you can go camping with. I just hope we don't end up with another FJ Cruiser.

Otherwise, bring it on Ford!