Lincoln Aviator concept at NYIAS to be shown 3-28-18

Somebody hasn’t been paying attention.

I know the Aviator is being announced. It's the 2nd vehicle I'm referring to. I seem to recall the fanfare for the last new model. Everyone expected the Aviator then and it turned out to be Nautilus.

I know the Aviator is being announced. It's the 2nd vehicle I'm referring to. I seem to recall the fanfare for the last new model. Everyone expected the Aviator then and it turned out to be Nautilus.

I take blame for that one. I saw something under the cover that played a trick on me and made me think it was bigger than it was. Keep in mind Ive known what the Aviator looks like for over a year now.
  • Like 1

I know the Aviator is being announced. It's the 2nd vehicle I'm referring to. I seem to recall the fanfare for the last new model. Everyone expected the Aviator then and it turned out to be Nautilus

I truly think the next Lincoln will be the successor of MKT: A full-sized crossover. The aviator will be a legitimate SUV, leaving the gap of a large crossover without filling. Or, who knows, the Mini-bronco, or the ecosport 2020, can give way to a subcompact Lincoln SUV. I'm in doubt between these two.

I truly think the next Lincoln will be the successor of MKT: A full-sized crossover. The aviator will be a legitimate SUV, leaving the gap of a large crossover without filling. Or, who knows, the Mini-bronco, or the ecosport 2020, can give way to a subcompact Lincoln SUV. I'm in doubt between these two.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that youre wrong. The Aviator is built off of the next generation Explorer on CD6.

Sorry I thought you were wondering what Aviator was going to be.

Aviator is really a near full sized crossover because it’s built on a unibody platform.

Any other Lincoln utility would be below MKC.

Aviator is really a near full sized crossover because it’s built on a unibody platform.

Any other Lincoln utility would be below MKC.

Unless Lincoln gets a version of the "Mach 1"/electric crossover....

Trust me, its not.

Are you talking about what we're seeing tomorrow, or the additional vehicle?

Right. That's exactly what I envision as well.

I would be surprised if they can get 200-300 mile range and great performance from a vehicle that large.

I think at best it would be MKC sized. But I’m just guessing and don’t really know.

I would be surprised if they can get 200-300 mile range and great performance from a vehicle that large.

I think at best it would be MKC sized. But I’m just guessing and don’t really know.

The Model X is roughly the size of an Explorer

I'm thinking the Mach One is going to be roughly the size of an Edge/Fusion/Mustang to keep it "sporty"

I should also clarify that I thought Ford was targeting a $40K - $50K price and not Tesla prices.

I guess we don’t really know at this point but I think it would have to be closer to Mustang/Edge CD sized to be sporty as silvrsvt points out.

I should also clarify that I thought Ford was targeting a $40K - $50K price and not Tesla prices.

Thats what is giving me pause about this product-I was expecting a smaller product Escape sized that would be around 30-40K when it was first rumored

But with it becoming performance orientated and Ford showing it as a mix of a Mustang and Explorer=I think the price is going to be at least 20K more then that

I don't think anyone can make a profitable (well not yet) BEV for less then 40K

Is that insider knowledge or are you just guessing?

Do you remember the promotional video of the Mach 1 SUV? For then, in it the Ford unites an midsize SUV, the Explorer, and a midsize coupe, the Mustang, in a merger that resulted in Mach 1. Medium SUV + Coupe medium = SUV coupé like X6

• Like 1

Do you remember the promotional video of the Mach 1 SUV? For then, in it the Ford unites an midsize SUV, the Explorer, and a midsize coupe, the Mustang, in a merger that resulted in Mach 1. Medium SUV + Coupe medium = SUV coupé like X6

That's what i remember. If the Mach 1 were going to be Edge sized or smaller, I would think they would have used something smaller than an Explorer. I'm a big fan of the BMW X6 and I am hoping this will be similar, so I may be biased.