None

Sign in to follow this  
ffamousamos

Factory Warranty; Duralast parts??

Had my 2019 F150 in for battery replacement today. It was covered uner the bumper to bumper 36K warranty. Anyways it was replaced with a Duralast battery, not a Motorcraft. Is this normal?

Unfortunately I can't answer your warranty question, but I can tell you that the last motorcraft battery in my Bronco only lasted 2 years. You might be better off with the duralast!

11 hours ago, ffamousamos said:

Had my 2019 F150 in for battery replacement today. It was covered uner the bumper to bumper 36K warranty. Anyways it was replaced with a Duralast battery, not a Motorcraft. Is this normal?

NO !  And you may be "short changed".  Motorcraft replacement parts are covered by a 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty.

They might be supply constrained on Motorcraft batteries and using another supplier?

2 hours ago, theoldwizard said:

NO !  And you may be "short changed".  Motorcraft replacement parts are covered by a 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty.

Pretty sure the parts warranty doesn’t apply to things replaced under the factory vehicle warranty.

Kyle is correct; due to supply constraints Ford is approving the use of competitive make replacements.   Have heard that AC Delco & NAPA have been approved in certain cases.

7 hours ago, kyle said:

They might be supply constrained on Motorcraft batteries and using another supplier?

A little internet research shows Johnson controls makes the the motorcraft battery

Everything is on backorder. OSP's are allowed if the backorder fits certain criteria. 

On 11/18/2020 at 7:42 AM, theoldwizard said:

PURCHASED Motorcraft parts have a 2yr unlimited mile warranty, not warranty parts.

On 11/18/2020 at 6:45 PM, pictor said:

A little internet research shows Johnson controls makes the the motorcraft battery

JC makes Walmart batteries also. It is why  90% of the time run there for one.

Johnson Controls sold off its automotive battery business last year (5/19?). Clarios now builds those batteries.