What cars are meant to be....now if ford could only deliver a lariet single cab f350 with long bed..

The Bullitt looks better, the GT500 looks and performs better. At 53k for the Mach 1, I’d rather wait for the next mustang redesign.

I'm not a fan either.  I don't like the hood decals and I don't like the decal stripes on the bottom of the sides.  Just my personal preference.  

5 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

I'm not a fan either.  I don't like the hood decals and I don't like the decal stripes on the bottom of the sides.  Just my personal preference.  

I would still gladly take a '69 or '70 Mach 1 as long as it has the correct amount of pedals. 

Most people know that the Mach 1 is a clever packaging of existing equipment, it works and buyers like it.

13 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Most people know that the Mach 1 is a clever packaging of existing equipment, it works and buyers like it.

Unfortunately, Ford's making it more difficult to get a Mach 1 than a Shelby. And it gets worse if you want a Mach 1 w/700A.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Unfortunately, Ford's making it more difficult to get a Mach 1 than a Shelby. And it gets worse if you want a Mach 1 w/700A.

Ford sold over 7,000 mustangs last month, so it could be that they’re prioritising the volume selling trims until

chip supply stabilises...not making excuses here, just thinking that the premium GT could ld be the focus here...

Edited by jpd80

56 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Ford sold over 7,000 mustangs last month, so it could be that they’re prioritising the volume selling trims until

chip supply stabilises...not making excuses here, just thinking that the premium GT could ld be the focus here...

The Mustang order guides don't show the projected sales share for EcoBoost vs. GT's etc. as they used to but the traditional mix is roughly 70% EcoBoost and 30% GT's. I'm not including the Shelby models since they're specialty models with relatively low volume. That mix can vary a lot depending on each dealership's market, customer base, etc. Our sales rate runs very heavy with GT's, mostly Premium GT's, probably 75-80% of sales are GT's and the GT's are obviously more profitable for Ford. Also, the units produced for export are heavily equipped and priced substantially higher than the comparable domestic vehicles. In general, I'm not sure how much of a factor the microchip shortage plays in Ford determining the production mix. Ford's benchmark for years is vehicle profits rather than volume. 

Appreciate your input!  

20210328_122621.thumb.jpg.24f7965212da33125ed4cdb7979eb6f7.jpgI like it, saw one for 1st time at local  dealer.

23 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The Mustang order guides don't show the projected sales share for EcoBoost vs. GT's etc. as they used to but the traditional mix is roughly 70% EcoBoost and 30% GT's. I'm not including the Shelby models since they're specialty models with relatively low volume. That mix can vary a lot depending on each dealership's market, customer base, etc. Our sales rate runs very heavy with GT's, mostly Premium GT's, probably 75-80% of sales are GT's and the GT's are obviously more profitable for Ford. Also, the units produced for export are heavily equipped and priced substantially higher than the comparable domestic vehicles. In general, I'm not sure how much of a factor the microchip shortage plays in Ford determining the production mix. Ford's benchmark for years is vehicle profits rather than volume. 

Appreciate your input!  

The mix at dealers (~6.000) looks to be currently

GT...................................~1,700

GT Premium..................~1,400

Mach 1.............................~300

Ecoboost.......................~1,700

Ecoboost Premium.........~900

On 4/6/2021 at 12:58 PM, T-dubz said:

The Bullitt looks better, the GT500 looks and performs better. At 53k for the Mach 1, I’d rather wait for the next mustang redesign.

Bob Brown Ford has one listed for $62k+!  Ouch!  😮