7.3 SD emblems (Godzillas)

21 minutes ago, Tom Slick said:

Nope. Don't like it. JMHO. I Think 7.3L is OK, just not with a name after it. 

I appreciate the honesty....  the reason I'm asking is if everybody on here says it looks like crap and and its ghetto ricer aftermarket...

Well then that means everybody that sees the truck going down the road will probably think the same thing, and that's not what I want on my truck.

I live in the land of Super Duties... and I don't want the same super duty truck everybody else has. I figured I'd try something unique.

Worst case.... it's only on with 3M?

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
  • Like 1

All I can tell you is that I will not be beating down your door to get one, even if the finish on it were perfect.  Not for me.  I've considered the "Godzilla" ones I've seen, but I really don't like the font, which is similar to what you've got pictured.  If the font & finish were right, I'd consider a "7.3L Godzilla" badge or sticker -- just haven't seen one that I like.

I usually tend to take badges off my vehicles personally, not add to them.  I think the badge looks cool as a standalone thing, but on the truck I do tend to agree that it looks a bit tacky.

I don't even care for the other versions of 7.3 badges people have put on.  For some reason the Powerstroke badge looks okay to me, but all the versions of 7.3 badging I've seen just look out of place for some reason.

1 hour ago, Denao_53 said:

What does dreadnought have to do with a 7.3?  My guitar is a dreadnought. 

Wrong?...you guitar is a dreadnaught, not a dreadnought. ?

It's the meaning behind the word I was going after.... not a model named like a Vortec or Powerstroke or Vtec, it just something I wanted to try, like I said, some people may think it's stupid and ridiculous other people might like it. either way I'm on the fence I might say screw it I don't care what anybody thinks or I might say everybody thinks it's stupid I really don't want that looming around on my truck???

I guess it all depends on what kind of mood I'm in, if i am in the Frack everybody moood or the (try to be part of the crowd / Society mood).... it varies day today with me???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Slick said:

I don't even know what a Dreadnought is. I know what a Dreadlock is

One of us is very confused because you don't know what it is but you do know what a dreadlock is and I don't understand because I think you know what it is but then you say you don't know what it is. I know what it is but I'm wondering if you know what it is but then you may know what it is and know that it's the same thing that I know what it is.  ? now a dreadlock is not a dreadnought but there could be a dreadlock on a dreadnought and there could be a dreadlock that is a dradnought...we could be in a deadlock...lol

Everybody knows what everything is now that Google is here to stay????

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

46 minutes ago, Tom Slick said:

I guess I'm old. I don't even know what a Dreadnought is. I know what a Dreadlock is, but I wouldn't want those on my truck either. 

Definition of dreadnought

1: a warm garment of thick clothalso : the cloth
2[Dreadnought, British battleship]
b: one that is among the largest or most powerful of its kind
  • Haha 1

No no no.....

dreadnought (n.)

literally (one who or that which) "fears nothing," from the verbal phrase (drede ich nawiht is attested from c. 1200); see dread (v.) + nought (n.). As a synonym for "battleship" (1916) it is from a specific ship's name. Dreadnought is mentioned as the name of a ship in the Royal Navy as early as c. 1596, but the modern generic sense is from the name of the first of a new class of British battleships, based on the "all big-gun" principle (armed with 10 big guns rather than 4 large guns and a battery of smaller ones), launched Feb. 18, 1906.

• Thanks 1

The emblem looks very well-made, and the colors go well with the truck (IMO).  I would not buy it to put on my truck, mainly because of the  size of the emblem with the long name.  Godzilla may work, but not as well as "Raptor" of "Tremor."  For me, the name recognition plays a role in the desireability of the badging- and I am not big on the badging to begin with.

Maybe:  7.3 GASAHOLIC SD     or if you going for the boat thing is could be the     USS GASSER

Just kidding. if you like go for it. If you tricking out the truck and everything is going to be a 1 off then maybe.  probably not for me tho if you asking for feed back.

46 minutes ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

Maybe:  7.3 GASAHOLIC SD     or if you going for the boat thing is could be the     USS GASSER

Just kidding. if you like go for it. If you tricking out the truck and everything is going to be a 1 off then maybe.  probably not for me tho if you asking for feed back.

Hey! I like that....uss gasser! Lol

I dig the font, not sure about the name itself.  Was considering some sort of Godzilla badge for mine but honestly, I'm a pretty offensive driver.  I don't really like a whole lot about my truck to be recognizable if you catch my drift.  ?  That being said, it seems to match the side of the truck well.  I also like how you did it, looks good.

6 hours ago, CBears said:

I dig the font, not sure about the name itself.  Was considering some sort of Godzilla badge for mine but honestly, I'm a pretty offensive driver.  I don't really like a whole lot about my truck to be recognizable if you catch my drift.  ?  That being said, it seems to match the side of the truck well.  I also like how you did it, looks good.

I too use the power of the 6.7 and it may appear to be offensive/aggressive and I too do not want anything recognizable on my truck, Thats why I dont have "iam a firefighter" type stuff on my truck. No stickers, no nothing.   I will be honest tho, I have thought about getting a thin blue line sticker just so if the cop'ers pull me over they may think I like them. Any firefighter knows the cops hate the "spoiled boys in the big red toys"... But, thats why I always tell them, If you were smarter you could have been a firefighter too.. kidding,, (kinda)...  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

I too use the power of the 6.7 and it may appear to be offensive/aggressive and I too do not want anything recognizable on my truck, Thats why I dont have "iam a firefighter" type stuff on my truck. No stickers, no nothing.   I will be honest tho, I have thought about getting a thin blue line sticker just so if the cop'ers pull me over they may think I like them. Any firefighter knows the cops hate the "spoiled boys in the big red toys"... But, thats why I always tell them, If you were smarter you could have been a firefighter too.. kidding,, (kinda)...  

Lol...police and firemen in many areas have a friendly/kinda friendly beef with each other. Lol

We usually have a pissing match with the firemen on elevator entrapments....lol

I love walking in and telling them to stand back let the professional handle it....LOL

It gets them riled up every time

• Like 1