2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

4 hours ago, RoncoSD said:

Thanks. New to this forum stuff. Finally found Cyberdman rules page and he does not look up order previews. Guess I'm at the mercy of my salesman.

Your probably spending between $60-$90,000 dollars! You should make your salesman and his manager do there job. Expessually if it's such a easy task as a order preview. When I really thought that through I made it clear to them I will not be ignored. And with the help Ice and akriby and cyberman. I had more then enough information to show them they can't feed me bullshit. And thanks to them and others I feel more confident I will have enough information to keep them from attempting to apply any price increases when my truck arrives.

Edited by danielj
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, manko said:

I think that’s kind of BS.  I have fifth wheel prep and spray in bed liner and it didn’t take 27-weeks to get scheduled.  I think it may have more to do with dealer allocations. 

If it is a retail order, dealers receive additional allocations.

Some dealers, probably most, have multiple Super Duty orders, so other orders may be ahead of yours when you order. As an example, as of last week, my dealer has 64 Super Dutys on order, with mine at number 1 in the USOB. The last chap to order has a fair wait until he/she gets close to the ones getting scheduled, if the dealer priority is based on order date. I've known the Sales Manager for many years and he showed me his database screen.

3 hours ago, Joshkbird said:

Hey guys going back and forth between adding tremor package or not.  Odd eventually like to add more aggressive tires and a levelling kit as well as an after market air dam in the front. So it does check a lot of boxes. But is it 4K worth?  Would love the input

If you do go with the tremor, it does decrease your towing to 15k, I almost added that but didn’t want to lose that much towing for the future if I upgrade my trailer to a fifth wheel toy hauler. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JT42 said:

Same here, recieved the email this evening my trucks production got pushed from 2-14 to 2-21. Hopefully we don’t get into the continuous slide as others have experienced. 

Ordered 26-OCT 250 Plat 6.7 Tremor Anti Matter deleted AS, 5th wheel, liner in DEC. Got scheduled email couple weeks ago. 

Frustrating to say the least. 

This must have been the week for the pushes.  I got my scheduled email on 13 January for a 14 February build week. I have likewise been pushed to 21 February. 

I got my confirmation email on 18 October for a 350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB with problematic accessories removed before Thanksgiving.

6 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Some dealers, probably most, have multiple Super Duty orders, so other orders may be ahead of yours when you order. As an example, as of last week, my dealer has 64 Super Dutys on order, with mine at number 1 in the USOB. The last chap to order has a fair wait until he/she gets close to the ones getting scheduled, if the dealer priority is based on order date. I've known the Sales Manager for many years and he showed me his database screen.

The priority code has no relationship to the order date. 

I know the shortages of products are real. I own a retail business and for a year it’s been backorders but is actually getting better. What I don’t understand is why is a dealership is able to sell 5th wheel prep parts as in another post on this site. Makes no sense if this is accurate info. 
auto locking hubs quit working last week on an f150 under warranty. Dealer stated they can’t order them.  On a parts hold or something. Our local parts store could get a set of aftermarket hubs from Kentucky.  Said that was the only set they could find. Dealer ordered them and are hoping to get reimbursed by ford. Crazy stuff going on and we all have to accept this and be patient. There are no trucks on the lots around here. Everything is being ordered by peeps who want a truck. It’s the only way to get one in Wi

11 hours ago, Joshkbird said:

Hey guys going back and forth between adding tremor package or not.  Odd eventually like to add more aggressive tires and a levelling kit as well as an after market air dam in the front. So it does check a lot of boxes. But is it 4K worth?  Would love the input

I opted for it. The way I figured, it would be close to the same money to do it yourself, as I found out on my '15 F150. 20" XD monster2 wheels, 35" Toyo open country, Icon level kit (new shocks and springs around, not just a cheater puck up front) was $5500 back in '16 when I did it. Not to mention all the other added features you get, its almost a deal ?

9 hours ago, JT42 said:

Same here, recieved the email this evening my trucks production got pushed from 2-14 to 2-21. Hopefully we don’t get into the continuous slide as others have experienced. 

Ordered 26-OCT 250 Plat 6.7 Tremor Anti Matter deleted AS, 5th wheel, liner in DEC. Got scheduled email couple weeks ago. 

Frustrating to say the least. 

I ordered the same truck just in Grey on 10/22. Kept AS, deleted liner, no 5th wheel. Scheduled for 2/14 as of last email. You guys have me searching every email and junk box seeing if I got that week slide email too ?

Ordered 8/28

Email from Ford 1/22 it was built

147 Days ordered to built

Dealer called yesterday and said it is at railyard in Chicago, waiting to get transported to them. Salesman said it is price protected, and X plan is still honored. He also said that I was lucky because if this truck was on their lot they would be charging a market adjustment of $5000 above msrp.  

Your vehicle has been built.

View Online

Ford Logo
Built circle filled in on status bar graphic
Super Duty in static pose

YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT

Dear ,

Great news! Your 2022 Super Duty F-350 Platinum Crew Cab has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment.

Our current estimate for delivery to Ford is between February 3, 2022 and February 9, 2022.

Undoubtedly, this is an exciting moment for you. We invite you to access a copy of your window label and check the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below. We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference: 1FT8W3BT1NED30363.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, manko said:

I think that’s kind of BS.  I have fifth wheel prep and spray in bed liner and it didn’t take 27-weeks to get scheduled.  I think it may have more to do with dealer allocations. 

When did you order? He was saying from this day forward expect 27+. Sure allocations, but what about those in COVP? They don't fall under the same microscope as "regular" dealer allocations.

17 minutes ago, MicroMan said:

To anyone that has a new 2022 King Ranch, are the front seats the same as the 2021 F150 King Ranch? 

If not the same they are very similar. I think just the obvious would be the size of the seat might be a little different and the color detail as well. But not sure of how comfortable each are or if that’s the same. 

10 hours ago, jbair said:

Hi new to the group! Has anyone that has ordered this month received anything more than the confirmation email. I ordered a F350 XLT Crew Cab short bed on January 5th and all I have got is the confirmation email. I know that there are many others that have been waiting a lot longer but I  just wanted to check. It drives me crazy to wait. I think I will need a straight jacket the way it looks. 

Thanks

I ordered on 11/21 and received the same email, but nothing after. Went to my dealer to find out my truck is scheduled for next week. 
mother’s on this site have received emails along the way. 
different experience for everyone in here. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jbair said:

Hi new to the group! Has anyone that has ordered this month received anything more than the confirmation email. I ordered a F350 XLT Crew Cab short bed on January 5th and all I have got is the confirmation email. I know that there are many others that have been waiting a lot longer but I  just wanted to check. It drives me crazy to wait. I think I will need a straight jacket the way it looks. 

Thanks

I didn't order in January but on 29 December. I got my build date yesterday. It's scheduled for the week of 28 February. I'm like you; it's driving me nuts. Dealer told me about a month to get scheduled, another month to build and another for transport, rough estimations, and he's pretty much dead on so far. Mine is a F-250 Lariat Ultimate, FX4, Sport appearance SRW in Race Red with UTT, 6.7 diesel and 3.55 Electronic locking axle. Good luck!

2 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

I opted for it. The way I figured, it would be close to the same money to do it yourself, as I found out on my '15 F150. 20" XD monster2 wheels, 35" Toyo open country, Icon level kit (new shocks and springs around, not just a cheater puck up front) was $5500 back in '16 when I did it. Not to mention all the other added features you get, its almost a deal ?

Felt the same and did the same. Back in 2016 when I lifted my Ram 2500 I figured it cost me a little over $6,000 for a 3" super lift kit with replacement springs for the front and rear, bilstein shocks, steering stabilizer, 20" wheels and 37" Nittos. To this day people ask me what lift I have and what my offset is. $4,000 is a bargain... with all this inflation and new set of tires on my Ram would set me back $2,500+

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jbair said:

Thanks

I ordered 6 Dec and haven't received anything but the confirmation email. Dropped my two commodity holdups last week. Keep on keepin on. 

2 hours ago, themadmonk said:

I didn't order in January but on 29 December. I got my build date yesterday. It's scheduled for the week of 28 February. I'm like you; it's driving me nuts. Dealer told me about a month to get scheduled, another month to build and another for transport, rough estimations, and he's pretty much dead on so far. Mine is a F-250 Lariat Ultimate, FX4, Sport appearance SRW in Race Red with UTT, 6.7 diesel and 3.55 Electronic locking axle. Good luck!

Maybe next week then if I am lucky. Thanks

Well, light at the end of the tunnel.  My truck got delivered to the dealership on Wed 1/26.  Now the problem, they don't know if they can have it ready for another week or so.  This dealership has been an absolute nightmare to deal with.  If anyone is in Utah, don't do business with any of the Young automotive group

1 hour ago, FourCrazies said:

I ordered 6 Dec and haven't received anything but the confirmation email. Dropped my two commodity holdups last week. Keep on keepin on. 

I never even got a confirmation email. The dealer swore Ford confirmed the order with them and said sometimes the emails don't send for some reason. I'm not sure I trust that they actually put my order in right. 

14 minutes ago, bscherer72 said:

Well, light at the end of the tunnel.  My truck got delivered to the dealership on Wed 1/26.  Now the problem, they don't know if they can have it ready for another week or so.  This dealership has been an absolute nightmare to deal with.  If anyone is in Utah, don't do business with any of the Young automotive group

What do they have to do to "have it ready"? 

13 hours ago, jbair said:

Thanks

Our confirmation e-mail (the day we ordered) was September 28.  Our next e-mail was "Scheduled for production" on November 16 (which was originally scheduled for the week of January 17, but got pushed back).

7 hours ago, marinerjoe said:

This must have been the week for the pushes.  I got my scheduled email on 13 January for a 14 February build week. I have likewise been pushed to 21 February. 

I got my confirmation email on 18 October for a 350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB with problematic accessories removed before Thanksgiving.

I’m wondering if they are shifting things around to batch out certain trim levels or bodies. I was lucky enough to actually be moved the other direction. I was scheduled for week of 2/21 and last night was moved to week of 2/14. Maybe they’re grouping things together? Hoping it’s a good thing. 

• Like 1