2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

21 hours ago, traynoral said:

I just ordered my 2022 Ford F450 4X4 XLT last week. Expected to arrive in May or June.

I ordered my ‘22 F250 Lariat FX4 CCSB 7.3 in November and so far the only thing I’ve received is the order confirmation email from Ford. Because I got the ultimate and black appearance packages there’s a commodity issue with the 20” wheels and spray-in bedliner which is delaying the build. Tack on to that the dealer placed it as a stock order with a priority code of 80

7 hours ago, MicroMan said:

When do you think fleets will start getting scheduled?

Well I thought I read on another ford site where a person who had a fleet order got scheduled. I thought that was not supposed to happen until pending retail orders were scheduled which irritated me as my retail order from June has zero movement. 

Edited by 1972Mach1

8 hours ago, MicroMan said:

When do you think fleets will start getting scheduled?

Fleet orders are prioritized based on two-digit alpha-numeric priority codes indicating month/week orders needs to be built. Numeric priority codes are not valid for Fleet. See Fleet Priority Code Calendar link below for valid priority codes. Please be aware of the following:

• Currently there has been risk to the production plans that is causing demand to be higher than supply. As risk occurs the scheduling volumes have to be adjusted which will cause delays in order to delivery timing (OTD). Please manage customer expectations as we move forward with the production and scheduling process.
  • First available priority codes are calculated weekly based on current order bank, available allocation, commodities, and plant downtime. It is very important to review the Fleet DNB weekly as first available priority codes can sometimes change drastically if, for example, a large influx of orders is received.
  • Fleet receives a pre-determined production slots each month for weekly scheduling. Once the amount of orders prioritized for that week/month exceeds the available allocation, the first available priority code is moved out to the next week/month.
  • Orders are selected for scheduling based on priority code first, then by order receipt date. Despite how long an order has been in the unscheduled order bank, if the plant is not yet filling the production week associated with the requested priority code, the order will remain unscheduled.
  • As a general rule of thumb, production dates are at least one month out from order receipt date.
  • Every effort is made to accurately estimate the lead times, and to reflect longer lead times of specific commodities. In the absence of adjusted lead times for commodities, please use the high, medium, or low risk rating as a guide.
  • This document does not apply to VSO orders.

Every attempt is be made to honor requested Fleet priority code. Due to unforeseen circumstances such as plant downtime or commodity issues, this may not be possible. The information and estimated timing indicated below are correct at time of publication. Availability and timing are subject to change without notice. Acceptance of an order by Ford Motor Company does not constitute a commitment to build or a guaranteed delivery date.

DESIRED PRODUCTION           DATE PRIORITY CODES          PLACE ORDERS BY
February                                     B1, B2, B3, B4                             December 1
March                                         C1, C2, C3, C4, C5                      January 1
April                                            D1, D2, D3, D4                             February 1

CURRENTLY SCHEDULING FOR February/March PRODUCTION
• SCHEDULING FOR March/April PRODUCTION BEGINS 02/10/22

54 minutes ago, FirstFord22 said:

I ordered my ‘22 F250 Lariat FX4 CCSB 7.3 in November and so far the only thing I’ve received is the order confirmation email from Ford. Because I got the ultimate and black appearance packages there’s a commodity issue with the 20” wheels and spray-in bedliner which is delaying the build. Tack on to that the dealer placed it as a stock order with a priority code of 80

If your order is still in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) as a Stock order at Priority Code 80, it'll never get scheduled. Stock orders use priority codes 20-80, retail orders use 10-19. There's no price protection for stock orders either and, if the order is changed to a Retail order, it becomes a new order with a new order date. 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Fleet orders are prioritized based on two-digit alpha-numeric priority codes indicating month/week orders needs to be built. Numeric priority codes are not valid for Fleet. See Fleet Priority Code Calendar link below for valid priority codes. Please be aware of the following:

• Currently there has been risk to the production plans that is causing demand to be higher than supply. As risk occurs the scheduling volumes have to be adjusted which will cause delays in order to delivery timing (OTD). Please manage customer expectations as we move forward with the production and scheduling process.
  • First available priority codes are calculated weekly based on current order bank, available allocation, commodities, and plant downtime. It is very important to review the Fleet DNB weekly as first available priority codes can sometimes change drastically if, for example, a large influx of orders is received.
  • Fleet receives a pre-determined production slots each month for weekly scheduling. Once the amount of orders prioritized for that week/month exceeds the available allocation, the first available priority code is moved out to the next week/month.
  • Orders are selected for scheduling based on priority code first, then by order receipt date. Despite how long an order has been in the unscheduled order bank, if the plant is not yet filling the production week associated with the requested priority code, the order will remain unscheduled.
  • As a general rule of thumb, production dates are at least one month out from order receipt date.
  • Every effort is made to accurately estimate the lead times, and to reflect longer lead times of specific commodities. In the absence of adjusted lead times for commodities, please use the high, medium, or low risk rating as a guide.

Every attempt is be made to honor requested Fleet priority code. Due to unforeseen circumstances such as plant downtime or commodity issues, this may not be possible. The information and estimated timing indicated below are correct at time of publication. Availability and timing are subject to change without notice. Acceptance of an order by Ford Motor Company does not constitute a commitment to build or a guaranteed delivery date.

February                                     B1, B2, B3, B4                             December 1
March                                         C1, C2, C3, C4, C5                      January 1
April                                            D1, D2, D3, D4                             February 1

Microman, I placed my order June 7 with a priority of M1 (1st week in December). My salesman says since that date has pasted, I will not get a new week. According to my salesman my order has been "Unscheduled/clean" since production started. I ordered a F350 XL DRW CCLB 4X4 bed delete 6.2 gas. The truck is stripped down with only the 8" radio as a fancy option. My salesman tells me my order is a dealer priority 10. I think since the profit on my truck is extremely low neither Ford nor my dealer cares if it gets built or not. 

16 hours ago, akirby said:

That’s a bit harsh.  There are plenty of ethical knowledgeable dealers out there to go with the bad ones.  Most of this is ignorance not willful misconduct.

The truth hurts and may not be nice to read but it is true. Many many many dealers are total con artists. If there are “plenty” of ethical dealers, they aren’t in my neck of the woods. 5000.00 over msrp, not accepting x-plan right now, bait and switch. Just a few of the examples of what I observed in the past year. Took me over 20 dealerships to get my wife’s car. I literally went through over 7 to find one to order on the xplan. It is not an ethical trade for most. 

Ice,

Since my priority code was M1 and that time slot has pasted dose the order get canceled? 

If your order is still in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) as a Stock order at Priority Code 80, it'll never get scheduled. Stock orders use priority codes 20-80, retail orders use 10-19. There's no price protection for stock orders either and, if the order is changed to a Retail order, it becomes a new order with a new order date. 

#ice-capades,

I believe in one of your previous Scheduling Notes, you said Ford would not schedule any for stock orders of F450s, 19.5 inch wheels, for remainder of my22, only retail orders.

Correct or did I swing and miss?

54 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

Microman, I placed my order June 7 with a priority of M1 (1st week in December). My salesman says since that date has pasted, I will not get a new week. According to my salesman my order has been "Unscheduled/clean" since production started. I ordered a F350 XL DRW CCLB 4X4 bed delete 6.2 gas. The truck is stripped down with only the 8" radio as a fancy option. My salesman tells me my order is a dealer priority 10. I think since the profit on my truck is extremely low neither Ford nor my dealer cares if it gets built or not. 

That’s interesting he claimed since the time has pasted they will not build your truck.  

1 hour ago, Beefmaster said:

You can't have a fleet order with priority code M1 and the same order with priority code 10. Priority code 10 is a retail order priority code. You need to talk to either the Fleet Manager, if you still have a fleet order, or the Sales Manager, if you have a retail order. 

39 minutes ago, MicroMan said:

Ice,

Since my priority code was M1 and that time slot has pasted dose the order get canceled? 

The order shouldn't be cancelled.  Stop talking to the sales representative. Very few sales representatives have the experience or knowledge with fleet ordering or scheduling to provide accurate information.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

37 minutes ago, sjmcken81 said:

#ice-capades,

I believe in one of your previous Scheduling Notes, you said Ford would not schedule any for stock orders of F450s, 19.5 inch wheels, for remainder of my22, only retail orders.

Correct or did I swing and miss?

22MY Super Duty Option Availability:  For the remainder of 2022MY, the following options will only be available to schedule on retail orders.  Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:

• Spray in Bedliner (85S)
  • 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package (53W)
  • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
  • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
  • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)
  • Black Appearance Package (17L) on Lariat
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

That’s interesting he claimed since the time has pasted they will not build your truck.  

21 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The order shouldn't be cancelled.  Stop talking to the sales representative. Very few sales representatives have the experience or knowledge with fleet ordering or scheduling to provide accurate information.  

I was told by the fleet manager that if I deleted; spray in bed liner and the 5th wheel prep kit there would be a better chance my truck would get scheduled. I guess I will just set on my hands and wait for it to get scheduled…. Thank you for the information, I started a group that orders 35-40 superdutys a year for the last 7 years. This year’s orders have been challenging!

4 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

I ordered a F450 XLT 4x4 April 19th with a 02 regional priority code and I still don't have a build date

Tried again yesterday to drop the bedliner and 5th wheel prep. ( previously they said the order was locked, on a Wednesday afternoon when they may have been previewing for scheduling). The email I got back was "It has an 02 priority code and cannot be amended…they maybe trying to schedule it….there is a shortage of bed and frame….you should get scheduled as soon as those are available."

This is a first I've heard of a bed and frame shortage. Anyone else hearing this?

35 minutes ago, G8R said:

Tried again yesterday to drop the bedliner and 5th wheel prep. ( previously they said the order was locked, on a Wednesday afternoon when they may have been previewing for scheduling). The email I got back was "It has an 02 priority code and cannot be amended…they maybe trying to schedule it….there is a shortage of bed and frame….you should get scheduled as soon as those are available."

This is a first I've heard of a bed and frame shortage. Anyone else hearing this?

It's not really the bed but the frame. The *Narrow Chassis applies to any Super Duty body code that ends in E, F, G, H, K, L and is sometimes a commodity issue. The regular Super Duty pickups are Wide Frames. There is no notice that I've seen this week regarding the frames being a commodity issue but one of the reports I review still hasn't been made available.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 2

It's not really the bed but the frame. The *Narrow Chassis applies to any Super Duty body code that ends in E, F, G, H, K, L and is sometimes a commodity issue. The regular Super Duty pickups are Wide Frames. There is no notice that I've seen this week regarding the frames being a commodity issue but one of the reports I review still hasn't been made available.

Thanks for the response. So F-250 King Ranch CCSB would be wide? I see "W2B 4x4 Crew Cab SRW" at the top of my order? is W2B the body code?

11/2 Ordered F250 Crew SB 6.7L 4x4 Lariat Ultimate as retail order.
1/7 scheduled for 2/1
1/26 window sticker generated

Spray in liner deleted at time of order to reduce order time per my dealer. We left on the retractable cover so I expect delay after build day. Not getting any emails from Ford but dealer doing good job of getting me info. Able to track using https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ when it works