2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

19 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Isn't there still holdback money dealers get from Ford or are you already factoring that into your statement?  I must agree that if dealer is selling a truck and making no profit, that is not only bad business, but also stupid.

787Toolman

Holdback used to be 3% but I think now it’s 2% and some other incentives.  Factoring that in along with paying the sales staff they’re still breaking even at best and possibly losing money.  It’s a stupid way to run a business and it hurts the other dealers in the area.   It’s also unnecessary - just sell at dealer invoice and everyone would be happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 35FordTudor said:

I’m one week out to the build date Ford sent me, how can you see if they are on schedule?

You can try to pull your window sticker. It becomes available when your vehicle is "sent to plant" which is typically about a week before it goes into production. If you get a window sticker it means ford is still planning on building your truck very soon. 

45 minutes ago, mattdm said:

You can try to pull your window sticker. It becomes available when your vehicle is "sent to plant" which is typically about a week before it goes into production. If you get a window sticker it means ford is still planning on building your truck very soon. 

I’ve had a window sticker since before Christmas and it still hasn’t been built according to the website.

well I finally got my truck. They had to align the rear bumper as it was 1'' off center. Found out on the 6 hr drive home that the mic for the phone as well as asking the truck to do things like driving direction and such doesnt work, I can hear ppl on the phone they just dont hear me. They are having the local dealer fix it. I did have them take off the standard air dam and replace it with the one like the 2x4 trucks have. Its about 4'' shorter. I was worried a lil about it changing the fuel mileage but it seemed to do fine as my 2020 f250 got 19.9 when I drove it home from the same dealer in Feb 0f 2020 and this 2022 truck with the same drive train got 20.9 for the same trip. Is a 350 mileairdam.thumb.jpg.0f39833478dc4451f6563ddc2cff209c.jpg drive over 2 mountain ranges doing an average of 70 mph. 

The picture below is my truck on the right vs the f350 on the left with the standard air dam. I think it looks better as I felt the air dam looked like a dozer blade on the front. Overall its a nice truck and the new touch screen is vastly better than the one I had in my 2020 lariat. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

well I finally got my truck (f250 lariat, black out diesel. They had to align the rear bumper as it was 1'' off center. Found out on the 6 hr drive home that the mic for the phone as well as asking the truck to do things like getting driving directions and such doesnt work, I can hear ppl on the phone they just dont hear me. They are having the local dealer fix it. I did have them take off the standard air dam and replace it with the one like the 2x4 trucks have. Its about 4'' shorter. I was worried a lil about it changing the fuel mileage but it seemed to do fine as my 2020 f250 got 19.9 when I drove it home from the same dealer in Feb 0f 2020 and this 2022 truck with the same drive train got 20.9 for the same trip. Is a 350 mileairdam.thumb.jpg.0f39833478dc4451f6563ddc2cff209c.jpg

drive over 2 mountain ranges doing an average of 70 mph. 

The picture is my truck on the right vs the f350 on the left with the standard air dam. I think it looks better as I felt the air dam looked like a dozer blade on the front. Overall its a nice truck and the new touch screen is vastly better than the one I had in my 2020 lariat. 

3 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

well I finally got my truck. They had to align the rear bumper as it was 1'' off center. Found out on the 6 hr drive home that the mic for the phone as well as asking the truck to do things like driving direction and such doesnt work, I can hear ppl on the phone they just dont hear me. They are having the local dealer fix it. I did have them take off the standard air dam and replace it with the one like the 2x4 trucks have. Its about 4'' shorter. I was worried a lil about it changing the fuel mileage but it seemed to do fine as my 2020 f250 got 19.9 when I drove it home from the same dealer in Feb 0f 2020 and this 2022 truck with the same drive train got 20.9 for the same trip. Is a 350 mileairdam.thumb.jpg.0f39833478dc4451f6563ddc2cff209c.jpg drive over 2 mountain ranges doing an average of 70 mph. 

The picture below is my truck on the right vs the f350 on the left with the standard air dam. I think it looks better as I felt the air dam looked like a dozer blade on the front. Overall its a nice truck and the new touch screen is vastly better than the one I had in my 2020 lariat. 

Yeah, I hate the new air dam on the F350's also and that will be my first modification, having it replaced.

6 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

One of the dealers selling at 2% under is requiring a NON-refundable $1000 deposit.  They're likely jacking up doc fees too.

These dealerships probably have much lower overhead based on location, facilities, etc. and have priced themselves accordingly.  From one of the forums elsewhere for Granger.  The biggest hit I am taking is not having a trade in unless I change my mind and drive both ways.  When I talked to my local dealer and told them I had invoice pricing but I would prefer to buy local with the trade in they still would not budge from MSRP and much higher dealership fees.   The local dealership was almost $5,000 above invoice which was too much for me. 

1 - Our documentation fee is $180.
2 - There are NO mandatory add ons.
3 - There is a Non-Refundable $1000 deposit due at order.
4 - We will get you an electronic signature document with options, pricing, and details for your signature before placing the order.
5 - We do not participate in courtesy deliveries to other dealerships.

Even at invoice plenty of people would still be traveling to these dealerships to save money and not get jerked around.   I have found only one dealer in my area like that and they sell Toyota only. 

3 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

well I finally got my truck. They had to align the rear bumper as it was 1'' off center. Found out on the 6 hr drive home that the mic for the phone as well as asking the truck to do things like driving direction and such doesnt work, I can hear ppl on the phone they just dont hear me. They are having the local dealer fix it. I did have them take off the standard air dam and replace it with the one like the 2x4 trucks have. Its about 4'' shorter. I was worried a lil about it changing the fuel mileage but it seemed to do fine as my 2020 f250 got 19.9 when I drove...

The truck looks great.  I have noticed quite a few folks swapping the stock valance for the Tremor valance.   I just may have to do that when I get mine. 

18 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Yeah, I hate the new air dam on the F350's also and that will be my first modification, having it replaced.

Ordered the 2wd valence before my truck got built. Was on back order but it arrived the day my truck was in the shop getting plow switched over. Perfect timing because it needed to be trimmed for the plow frame.

30 minutes ago, Adirondex said:

Ordered the 2wd valence before my truck got built. Was on back order but it arrived the day my truck was in the shop getting plow switched over. Perfect timing because it needed to be trimmed for the plow frame.

Now did you get the Tremor valence, or something else? Do you have the Ford part number of what you used?

36 minutes ago, jstapleton said:

I had these numbers from another forum:

TREMOR Part # = LC3Z-17626-CA
2WD Part # = LC3Z-17626-BA

Thanks for the part numbers. Comparing these two on FordParts.com it appears that the Tremor version has a smaller footprint than the 2WD version. Probably because of it's intended off road use. But I think the 2WD version looks fine, and is actually a bit cheaper. I think I'll go with that one.

1 hour ago, KidNick said:

Not a bad upgrade for a little over $100. Too bad they do give an option to have the shorter version seems like it would keep a lot of plastic out of the landfill. 

Agreed.  Shame to create waste like that, but the original is pretty bad.  Wonder if there is any market to resell the original on ebay, or even give it away for someone to use.  

18 hours ago, Jim58 said:

Joshkbird: My Stealership owns 3 of the 4 Ford dealerships in the state. They wouldn’t go below MSRP but they had no problems giving me my X-Plan ( which saves me about 4k) and working with Regional Rep on honoring my, now expired PCO for 3k and giving me my $500 military. It would cost me a lot more to order from one of the dealerships below MSRP as I would have to fly down to pick up, then arrange shipping from Seattle to Anchorage and fly back home. But if they charged you over MSRP to order, it is time to look for new dealer. Just my 2 cents. 

@Jim58 did you get military discount WITH PCO?

Update:  I forwarded both PDF's showing price protection on Friday. (My signed order was on 8/19)  Got an instant reply from  salesman that he was going to forward notices to sales manager review.  Then Monday I recived a text from my salesman that my truck was out of inspection but their is nothing he can do on the price.  He says they have to go off the invoice sent to them when built.  He says the Sales Manager has tried contacting their Ford rep for clarification but has not heard back.  

Last thing I was told:   "As of right now we have to use the x-plan number shown unless ford tell him (sales manager) different.  He has not got any answers from Ford."

The difference in price is exactly the 2 mark up's that Ford had from the time that I signed for retail order.

Any ideas would be great.   

Bought some time with level kit and spray in bed liner. 

On 1/21/2022 at 9:44 AM, AtlasBlue350 said:

There is no form required for you to fill out for price protection. Whatever paperwork that needs to be filed is between the dealer and Ford corporate:

Ford_EFC09620 Ford Mid-Year Pricing Effective 2021-12-08 (2).pdf

If your truck was ordered on or before December 7th, then you are covered under the Price Protection as far as I know, X-Plan or not.

They would probably be happy that I walked away from the order and could resale at MSRP or Above.  

If I did walk away and order from an honest dealer.... I still pay the $1545 and wait another 5 months.

49 minutes ago, ThatGuy509 said:

They would probably be happy that I walked away from the order and could resale at MSRP or Above.  

If I did walk away and order from an honest dealer.... I still pay the $1545 and wait another 5 months.

My thinking is at some point if dealers are abusing the system too much in this fashion Ford will be forced to get involved. A timely article in a national newspaper or media outlet would provide all the incentives they needed.

1 hour ago, ThatGuy509 said:

Is there not a phone number to Ford Corporate you could call to mediate on your behalf or at least expedite the decision from the regional rep? 

Asking in advance as I’ll be dealing with this in March with my dealer I’m sure. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JT42 said:

Is there not a phone number to Ford Corporate you could call to mediate on your behalf or at least expedite the decision from the regional rep? 

Asking in advance as I’ll be dealing with this in March with my dealer I’m sure. 

If you call Ford customer service they will tell you that pricing is between you and the dealer and that they will not get involved.

Unfortunately many car dealers tend to be awful and have almost zero integrity. If the bulletins on this forum are accurate and Ford does honor the prices from when you ordered, I would think that a regional rep would at least confirm that to the dealer. Then again the entire process of buying a car is made to allow these dealers an opportunity to completely hose their customers. I personally can’t wait until this current boom dies down and they are back to chasing people in their lots and begging for sales.