2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

41 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

Unfortunately many car dealers tend to be awful and have almost zero integrity. If the bulletins on this forum are accurate and Ford does honor the prices from when you ordered, I would think that a regional rep would at least confirm that to the dealer. Then again the entire process of buying a car is made to allow these dealers an opportunity to completely hose their customers. I personally can’t wait until this current boom dies down and they are back to chasing people in their lots and begging for sales. 

That’s a bit harsh.  There are plenty of ethical knowledgeable dealers out there to go with the bad ones.  Most of this is ignorance not willful misconduct.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThatGuy509 said:

Update:  I forwarded both PDF's showing price protection on Friday. (My signed order was on 8/19)  Got an instant reply from  salesman that he was going to forward notices to sales manager review.  Then Monday I recived a text from my salesman that my truck was out of inspection but their is nothing he can do on the price.  He says they have to go off the invoice sent to them when built.  He says the Sales Manager has tried contacting their Ford rep for clarification but has not heard back.  

Last thing I was told:   "As of right now we have to use the x-plan number shown unless ford tell him (sales manager) different.  He has not got any answers from Ford."

The difference in price is exactly the 2 mark up's that Ford had from the time that I signed for retail order.

Any ideas would be great.   

Bought some time with level kit and spray in bed liner. 

This has been talked about and Ford has price protection. Call customer service at Ford and have them call you dealer. My dealer honored my deal as its fords policy I believe.. And they took 6500 off the MSRP.. $79,665 to $73,150  I only got the $500 off for being a first responder as I didnt qualify for any other price changes reductions. 

11 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Thanks for the part numbers. Comparing these two on FordParts.com it appears that the Tremor version has a smaller footprint than the 2WD version. Probably because of it's intended off road use. But I think the 2WD version looks fine, and is actually a bit cheaper. I think I'll go with that one.

Sorry It's been a long day. 2wd looks fine unless you want to show off some dual steering stabilizer bling, then I recommend a tremor shorty. Got mine from Fairway Ford for $91.92 + shipping.

1 hour ago, Fordnovice88 said:

Anyone with January 31st build week get their window sticker? Going to keep asking this daily. LOL!

I called customer service and was told in production ... not built, but in production. Date was emailed earlier of week of 1/31.

Wahoooo

23 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

I did some searching and didn't find a thread or this question being asked and if so, can you point me to the thread on what happened to the Super Duty hood light and insulated hood liner like I have on my 2017 F350?  I can maybe assume they removed the fabric hood liner because when the fuel filter springs a leak like mine did at 40k miles, it soaks the liner with fuel and could be a fire hazard.  I drove mine for 50 miles with fuel shooting out of the top of the fuel filter and had no idea until I stopped, rolled down the window to go thru a security check point and I smelled diesel fuel.  What a mess that leak caused.

Thanks,

787Toolman

Okay, I will answer my own questions after reading several hundred posts from other forums and share.  I guess no one cares that since 2020, Ford eliminated the under hood insulated liner on all super duties.  Also, for 2020 Ford relocated the under-hood light from driver's side to passenger's side.  in 2021, Ford eliminated the newly located under hood light altogether so for 2022 we have no under hood light or insulated liner.  I think they eliminated the under-hood liner for more than one reason but to get rid of the under-hood light must mostly be to reduce costs.  If Ford can eliminate the light and liner and save $20-$30 per truck and I'll estimate they produce 500k trucks per year, that's a $10M-$15M savings for something no one seems to care about with little to no complaints.  Ford can do a hell of a lot with an extra $10-$15M per year with almost no effort or complaint.  Personally, I like the under-hood liner and light, but I will learn to live without them, unless I add to my new 2022 F350 myself.

787Toolman

31 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Okay, I will answer my own questions after reading several hundred posts from other forums and share.  I guess no one cares that since 2020, Ford eliminated the under hood insulated liner on all super duties.  Also, for 2020 Ford relocated the under-hood light from driver's side to passenger's side.  in 2021, Ford eliminated the newly located under hood light altogether so for 2022 we have no under hood light or insulated liner.  I think they eliminated the under-hood liner for more than one reason but to get rid of the under-hood light must mostly be to reduce costs.  If Ford can eliminate the light and liner and save $20-$30 per truck and I'll estimate they produce 500k trucks per year, that's a $10M-$15M savings for something no one seems to care about with little to no complaints.  Ford can do a hell of a lot with an extra $10-$15M per year with almost no effort or complaint.  Personally, I like the under-hood liner and light, but I will learn to live without them, unless I add to my new 2022 F350 myself.

787Toolman

I did read your post. When I was removing parts I added on my previous truck (2019), I opened the hood and there was the liner and under hood light. Hmmm... Followed the light wires into a wrapped bundle with no connector/plug. Probably would have removed it if I could of just unplugged it but didn't want to leave the next owner with possible issues cutting wires. Some things are better left alone.

And for the money spent, the liner and under hood light should be an included option for all trucks.

Edited by Adirondex

2 hours ago, boarslayer said:

Picked up my truck today.  Love it!   10 months since it was ordered and definitely worth the wait.

Truck side .1.jpg

Awesome truck! Jealousy level intensifies…. I’ve got a 450 Platinum in Rapid Red somewhere in the pipeline. 

Credit to 787Toolman for remembering this old Lou Gramm tune:

https://youtu.be/7cRdgIZgobs

Edited by Frog_Legs
Spelling oops
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Frog_Legs said:

Congrats on your F450 Blue beauty Boarslayer, I'm not sure I could wait 10 months, but I guess if you want something bad enough, time passes more quickly.  Frog_Legs, I forgot I provided that link, ha-ha and I hope to see your red beauty when you find it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Adirondex said:

I did read your post. When I was removing parts I added on my previous truck (2019), I opened the hood and there was the liner and under hood light. Hmmm... Followed the light wires into a wrapped bundle with no connector/plug. Probably would have removed it if I could of just unplugged it but didn't want to leave the next owner with possible issues cutting wires. Some things are better left alone.

And for the money spent, the liner and under hood light should be an included option for all trucks.

Thanks, Adirondex, I agree that if Ford deletes something due to cost savings, they should allow customers to decide if they want that option.  But I'm also thinking they deleted the liner due to diesel fuel filter failures that squirt fuel into the fabric and for gassers, the flammability would be even worse than diesel.  Since I'm not privy to why Ford deleted the liner, just an engineering hunch due my fuel filter experience on my F350 Platinum diesel I drive now.

787Toolman

55 minutes ago, MicroMan said:

Below is my order I placed back in June..  can anyone in this group help me figure out why this order hasn’t been scheduled yet? 

764C4ABF-55F3-49EB-9923-3A5EED8A1C30.jpeg

Your priority code would indicate a fleet order, which I believe have scheduled production weeks.   I am sure someone with more knowledge will come along here and provide more detail on expectations.