2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, MinerAddiction said:

And that is what I thought but my salesman gave me a legitimate VIN that pulls up my truck on the tracker however he claims the the VVR does not show a build week. 

Then your salesman doesn't know how to read the VVR. He's either too lazy or ignorant to figure it out. Shoot me a message with your VIN and I'll figure out your build date for you. 

3 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

Ahh. Can’t see post count on my phone. Easy enough to get there.

After 15 posts. It starts to accumulate fairly quickly. Lol ?  never thought I would ever join a forum until I ordered a brand new truck. Now I don't know why I waited so long. ??

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

I’ve had a window sticker since before Christmas and it still hasn’t been built according to the website.

I would say bad timing. You got caught during the time Ford did their plant shutdown until the 17th. It took me about 3 weeks from the time I actually received the Window Sticker before it actually started the build process. So I would say you are due to get your build notice any day.

5 hours ago, danielj said:

After 15 posts. It starts to accumulate fairly quickly. Lol ?  never thought I would ever join a forum until I ordered a brand new truck. Now I don't know why I waited so long. ??

I feel the same way. My wife was like, “ hold on you’re telling me that you are on a chat forum “ and I said yes and I can’t stop reading/checking it. 

41 minutes ago, MinerAddiction said:

I feel the same way. My wife was like, “ hold on you’re telling me that you are on a chat forum “ and I said yes and I can’t stop reading/checking it. 

Forums are a great way to get information for things you wish to get information about. Not only do I belong to this forum, but I'm also a member of the FTE (Ford Truck Enthusiasts) forum. Plus I belong to the Keystone RV forum to keep up with what's going on in the RV world concerning Keystone products.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Forums are a great way to get information for things you wish to get information about. Not only do I belong to this forum, but I'm also a member of the FTE (Ford Truck Enthusiasts) forum. Plus I belong to the Keystone RV forum to keep up with what's going on in the RV world concerning Keystone products.

Same - here and FTE

39 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

I haven’t come across FTE, I will be checking that out today.

13 hours ago, MinerAddiction said:

Is it typical to receive a VIN but not get assigned a build week? My salesman called me with a VIN three weeks ago but said I do not have a build week. 

The production week is assigned at the same time that the order is scheduled and the VIN number is assigned. Don't rely on a sales representative for details on a retail factory order as many of them don't have the experience or are familiar with the process. I'd recommend talking to the sales or inventory manager directly.  

13 hours ago, Sceve said:

Your dealer is correct that your truck order cannot be changed once a VIN is given, though. 

Super Duty orders are getting "locked in" much earlier than usual the past year due to the commodity and supplier issues, along with the tremendous increase in retail factory orders, but orders do not automatically get "locked in" when the order is scheduled and the VIN number assigned. There are a number of factors involved including commodity and supplier status, vehicle specifications, etc. before orders are locked in. The situation is made more complex because many customers are placing orders and then changing the specifications. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MinerAddiction said:

And that is what I thought but my salesman gave me a legitimate VIN that pulls up my truck on the tracker however he claims the the VVR does not show a build week. 

BS. The VIN number and scheduled production week are assigned as part of the order scheduling process and included on the Vehicle Visibility report. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

I haven’t come across FTE, I will be checking that out today.

38 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The production week is assigned at the same time that the order is scheduled and the VIN number is assigned. Don't rely on a sales representative for details on a retail factory order as many of them don't have the experience or are familiar with the process. I'd recommend talking to the sales or inventory manager directly.  

Thanks for the info! 

33 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

BS. The VIN number and scheduled production week are assigned as part of the order scheduling process and included on the Vehicle Visibility report. 

From everything I have read on the internet that is what I concluded but my dealership insist that I have a VIN and nothing else. 

Update:  Pushed on my dealer to get my truck ready.  This is how crooked they are.   Told me Saturday morning at 10:30 my truck was ready.  Showed up at 11 to a dirty truck that was not prepped at all.  Sales (crook) person played stupid numbers games with me and tried to tell me the $2500.00 deposit I paid came off of the MSRP, so the sticker price was figured after I paid that.  I had to lose my mind to get them to back off of that story.  All told it took until 2:30 to get out of there, keeping in mind I had my financing done before I got there and I had my down payment in hand.  If you are in Utah do not use the Young stealerships.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

16 minutes ago, bscherer72 said:

Update:  Pushed on my dealer to get my truck ready.  This is how crooked they are.   Told me Saturday morning at 10:30 my truck was ready.  Showed up at 11 to a dirty truck that was not prepped at all.  Sales (crook) person played stupid numbers games with me and tried to tell me the $2500.00 deposit I paid came off of the MSRP, so the sticker price was figured after I paid that.  I had to lose my mind to get them to back off of that story.  All told it took until 2:30 to get out of there, keeping in mind I had my financing done before I got there and I had my down payment in hand.  If you are in Utah do not use the Young stealerships.

I'm not following on the part in bold. Can you elaborate? Are you saying they told you the 2500 was taken off before the sticker was printed? Like say your sticker said 75,000 and they said the truck was actually 77,500 but the 2,500 was already applied? 

40 minutes ago, TheFatInTheHat said:

I'm not following on the part in bold. Can you elaborate? Are you saying they told you the 2500 was taken off before the sticker was printed? Like say your sticker said 75,000 and they said the truck was actually 77,500 but the 2,500 was already applied? 

That is exactly what they were trying to say.  Good thing I had my original build paperwork that matched the sticker .  Basically they were trying to steal my $2500.00 deposit.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:49 PM, 787Toolman said:

Josh,

I hope you end up with what you want and if I helped you make your decision, that is thanks enough.

787Toolman

Hey Toolman when did you order your truck and what add ins did you select if I may ask. Sounds like we ordered around the same time 12/11/21 order confirm 12/16/22. 
lariat f250 stone grey appearance package value package. Nothing major but crickets since. Priority code 12. And without a vin I assume there is no way to track your status. 

Edited by Joshkbird
Add

Hello everyone, I have been following this forum for a couple months now and finally decided to join and participate. All the information is great and thanks to all who contribute, it has been very educational. I ordered a F350 Lariat with 5th wheel prep but held off on some other options that the dealer could do like the spray in bedliner and mud flaps,  rear wheel liners. I ordered on 10/30 and as many of you have not heard anything else since. It has not been fun with my sales person and sales manager. I am not sure if they have been lying to me the whole time on some things or just really don't know. It started with the X Plan pricing then it was priority code that they couldn't change then it was price protection that they knew nothing about and the latest is that if I changed anything in my order that I would loose my price protection. Thanks to Ice-Capades and others I have proved them wrong at every turn except for last part about price protection. I have not seen anything on that yet. Any help on that would be great.   The sales manager told me I should not read these forums because they are full of misinformed people, it looks like this is the best place to find information.  Thanks again to all who contribute.