2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

5 hours ago, Mike83 said:

Wow!  That is crazy. Reordering will take forever and I am assuming you have already been waiting for some time. Reading some of these mishaps makes me fearful of trading in my 2020 super duty while waiting for my new one to be built. The trade in price is good, but if something this happened to me I would be inclined to keep my old one. Hope the come up with some kind of better resolution for you. 

Still waiting on the sales manager to call or email me to discuss this issue further. Rather surprised they screwed up the order and have no interest in making it right.

5 hours ago, Mike83 said:

I am no guru on this stuff but I found this explanation in a post by “cyberdman” (sorry if I misspelled). It appears he is a guru and helps a lot of people out with tracking their progress of vehicle production. This is what he had to say. 
Unscheduled-Clean, that means you have a successful order in the system and it isn't currently scheduled for production”.  

Hope this helps!!

Thanks for this info. This forum sure is helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Havasu Guy said:

If you just ordered on January 10, 2022

Then your in for a long wait. 

I'm over 100 days from order placed and VVR still only shows "scheduled clean"

Expect to wait 4 to 5 months before you get scheduled for a build 

Yep, I am planning on a long wait. The upside is I will be getting exactly what I want on the truck and now have time to get my custom build sheet accessories ordered. Even tires and wheels are a challenge to find and order.

Edited by Patriot1
Add to post.

7 hours ago, Silverback99 said:

Still waiting on the sales manager to call or email me to discuss this issue further. Rather surprised they screwed up the order and have no interest in making it right.

Silverback, I just went through the same exact BS. The sales manager wouldn’t reply, so I emailed the GM and he wouldn’t reply. I needed to get my order corrected after I noticed they had it as a stock order with a priority code of 80. They had ZERO interest in making it right, so I had no choice but go place another order; two months wasted!  But the good news… I ended up saving 5% off MSRP. But now I just sit back and (im)patiently wait.

Good luck with whatever direction you go

10 hours ago, Havasu Guy said:

If you just ordered on January 10, 2022

Then your in for a long wait. 

I'm over 100 days from order placed and VVR still only shows "scheduled clean"

Expect to wait 4 to 5 months before you get scheduled for a build 

That isnt necessarily true. Some orders take far less time. I ordered 10/13/21 and my truck was delivered 58 days to delivery. The delivery process took nearly as much time as the build. F250 ccsb fx4 xlt premium 7.3

• Like 1

10 hours ago, danielj said:

10 hours ago, kent_windsor said:

I'm currently awaiting the 3rd truck I've ordered through 3 different dealers, and I've never gotten the email updates like you are supposed to.  Apparently if your dealer inputs the information correctly you will receive email updates on your vehicle as it progresses through the system, and I never got them for my 2015, 2021, or my 2022.  It sounds you are on top of things, getting them to put the price in writing, and I am assuming that the order sheets have all of the correct options on them so there really isn't much more you can do on your end that I am aware of/can think of.  Unfortunately the amount of time you can end up waiting on these trucks gives too much time to worry about what can go wrong until it shows up.

Thanks for the info. Your right about plenty of time to worry while you wait. Thinking back to the order that I made on the 2020 I have now I don’t recall ever getting an email from ford about status either. The dealer was pretty good about sending me updates as it progressed though. 

• Like 1

I placed and order in April 2021 for a F450 Platinum. A friend of mine ordered an F450 Lariat in August 2021 and he has a VIN# and build date 2/14/22. I ask my dealer for information as to how that can be, but they have no answers!! They can only tell me that Ford must not be building Platinum’s yet. Does anyone have an idea? 

57 minutes ago, Jfinn said:

I placed and order in April 2021 for a F450 Platinum. A friend of mine ordered an F450 Lariat in August 2021 and he has a VIN# and build date 2/14/22. I ask my dealer for information as to how that can be, but they have no answers!! They can only tell me that Ford must not be building Platinum’s yet. Does anyone have an idea? 

Is your order a retail or fleet order? Fleet orders go behind retail orders.

1 hour ago, Jfinn said:

Are you talking any Platinums, or just 450 Platinums? 

I finally got the email telling me that my truck was built. It says it’s estimated to be delivered sometime from Feb 12-18. Let’s hope this saga ends soon. That’s 7 months form order to dealer if it gets there. Now comes the process of negotiating the actual sale. Can’t wait. 

I would think that too, but my friends F450 also has adaptive steering and is being built the of 2/14 and he ordered almost 5 months after me. Ford says my truck has no commodities issues or holds. Super frustrating to have been waiting 10 months 

51 minutes ago, Max4wKR said:

Still getting the same message? Kinda hoping the sites just down and I’m not f’ed out of a truck. 

A31E3D77-37C8-4EA4-BF3E-6A86DAECFD52.jpeg

I just recently started getting the same thing intermittently.   I saved the tracking site link in my favorites and just to it that way instead of from the link in the email.  It seems to work better.

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and made sure that he dropped the 5th wheel prep and bed liner. I asked him what my priority number was and he said that I was at an 11. Can anyone tell if there is anything I could remove to speed up the process. My son and I both ordered new trucks in September for our business and was told that we should have them by April. Neither one of us have heard anything. I ordered a F350 Lariat CCLB pretty loaded, neither one of us ordered the adaptive steering. unfortunately we booth traded our trucks into the dealership in October since he said April wouldn't be a problem. Like many on here were getting a little nervous cause construction is in full swing by May in MN. 

30 minutes ago, HarryTaint said:

I believe they won't be started until that week. Builds only take a day then a day off site for bed liner etc. 

i have been seeing the more simple builds come up as started a week earlier than scheduled, meaning 250's without the shortage items.

19 minutes ago, muggerzh said:

i have been seeing the more simple builds come up as started a week earlier than scheduled, meaning 250's without the shortage items.

Oh okay, I guessed I missed that somewhere. I'm scheduled for 2/24 and I have nothing yet when I look at ford tracker. That would be nice to see it early though. 

I ordered an F350 on Sept 29th 21. I requested the X plan and the sales person (mulinax Ford Vero Beach Fl) told me no problem.  He said they'll include that when it comes in. So we did the build with pricing. I realize I'll be waiting. Well, now it's February and still no schedule. Just was informed my price went up. I asked the manager if they can do that. He said they can and they can do it again until the vehicle is built, delivered and purchased by me.

Upon hearing that, I canceled the order. I am truly frustrated and the X plan along with the $3,000 discount Ford sent (must be used by 4/4/22) made it worth waiting for except they can raise the price at will. Who orders this way?

I guess I'm venting a bit. I figure sharing this with you guys might help me understand how this is so . I'm confident something went wrong with the order. I didn't receive confirmation of the order until December. I read where you guys are receiving confirmation almost immediately.

So that's my experience. RAM is looking pretty good except for the price tag

Edited by jgdorado