2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

35 minutes ago, tjm73 said:

I ordered a F250 Crew Cab Lariat on 2/4/22. Got my email from Ford the next day that they had my order. 4x4, 7.3, 4.30's, chrome pkg, spray bedliner, 40/20/40 tan interior. Reading some posts it looks like I'll be lucky if it get's built in late August or September. Yippee!

I've heard a lot of folks advise to do the spray in bed liner after the fact, that it 'could' speed up your order. Something to consider.

14 minutes ago, gom said:

I've heard a lot of folks advise to do the spray in bed liner after the fact, that it 'could' speed up your order. Something to consider.

I read, here, that new orders and changes to orders were closed as of last Friday. Not much I can do now.

Spoke to my dealer this morning concerning my order (12/28/21) F350 CC DRW XLT 6.7L Antimatter Blue..... I raised concern about my spray in bedliner + fifth wheel hitch prep.   He verified that his general manager was informed Friday afternoon of supply issues on these 2 orders causing delays.   The staff was informed in meeting this morning.  He confirmed stock orders would no longer be built with these orders for 2022, but that mine would be built as retail orders are protected.    He spoke with his GM who advised me to keep these 2 options on truck, as to change would most likely reset and cause an unknown delay.   I'm sticking with my build as is and will wait.  Looking forward to it.

i did see comment above about changes/new orders locked out as of Friday.  Not sure if that is retail, stock, fleet or "which Friday".    Don't see where it is referenced anywhere previously.

25 minutes ago, Strobeaner said:

Looking for that thread "new orders and changes to orders were closed".   Can you quote it and share or which page it is on?  Thanks

In this thread, Page 5 post dated Feb. 1. I couldn't find an obvious post number.

" As previously announced, CONCEPS will stop accepting new stock & retail orders (non-fleet), including order amendments, on F-150 & Super Duty on 2/4/22. "

Edited by tjm73

14 minutes ago, tjm73 said:

In this thread, Page 5 dates Feb. 1. I couldn't find an obvious post number.

" As previously announced, CONCEPS will stop accepting new stock & retail orders (non-fleet), including order amendments, on F-150 & Super Duty on 2/4/22. "

Thanks TJM73...that does go way back... i just joined this past week.  Thanks for sharing.      

16 minutes ago, Strobeaner said:

Thanks TJM73...that does go way back... i just joined this past week.  Thanks for sharing.      

My dealer told me the Monday night I ordered my truck that there were rumblings that it was coming soon. So after I got my confirmation email I went looking for info on the possible closing to new orders. It's how I found this forum.

Someone commented here that the "closing new orders" statement only relates to a specific legacy ordering system.  It's an IT thing and does not apply to other ordering systems.  That's my understanding. 

Edited by bob99

3 hours ago, tjm73 said:

I read, here, that new orders and changes to orders were closed as of last Friday. Not much I can do now.

No. It was an IT change related to the old CONCEPS ordering system.  

As previously announced, CONCEPS will stop accepting new stock & retail orders (non-fleet), including order amendments, on F-150 & Super Duty on 2/4/22.

1 hour ago, bob99 said:

Someone commented here that the "closing new orders" statement only relates to a specific legacy ordering system.  It's an IT thing and does not apply to other ordering systems.  That's my understanding. 

Correct. All F-150 and Super Duty orders must now be submitted in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. 

This is the list of options that slow things down right? I only have the bedliner option from that list on my truck.

I question the effect of taking off the order. How much faster would that really make things? I doubt enough to make a real difference. Also what's an average cost for getting it done aftermarket?

Spray in Bedliner (85S)

Fifth Wheel Prep (53W)

Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)

Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)

19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)

We also only had the bedliner from that list. Ordered 9/28, currently en route to dealer (almost there) eta 2/16 with the factory spray liner.
I think the after market line-X is comparable in price. It’s a nice liner. Had one in our previous truck.  

1 hour ago, Greg5609 said:

Got notified my truck was “in production”. Does this mean it is on the assembly line or just in Q to be built soon? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I printed window sticker last night if that is significant.

It is usually done pretty quick after that.  when did you order, what?

Ordered 11/30, F250 CC 4X4 XLT PREMIUM, 7.3, 5TH WHEEL PREP, pretty basic truck for pulling camper, notified last night it was in production and was able to print window sticker. This is in reply to muggerzh 

Edited by Greg5609
Forgot to quote muggerzh

1 hour ago, Greg5609 said:

Got notified my truck was “in production”. Does this mean it is on the assembly line or just in Q to be built soon? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I printed window sticker last night if that is significant.

"In Production" means just that, that it's in production at the plant and being built. Window Stickers are created just before the vehicle goes into production.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Frog_Legs said:

You’re farther ahead than I am.  I started with a build week of 3/7. Then I got pushed to 3/14. I just got another email pushing my build week back to 3/21. 

I was March 7. Got pushed to March 14. Just got email back to 7th. Hope yours goes back to 7th

Edited by RoncoSD

22 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

"In Production" means just that, that it's in production at the plant and being built. Window Stickers are created just before the vehicle goes into production.

Thanks, that sounds great, I appreciate all the help and info you provide to this forum.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Frog_Legs said:

You’re farther ahead than I am.  I started with a build week of 3/7. Then I got pushed to 3/14. I just got another email pushing my build week back to 3/21. 

These orders are all over the place. My cousin got his VIN last week. First build date was 3/14….Today it got changed to 3/7.