2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Someone posted about super duties shutting down...  according the Ford Authority this morning, only the 150 side is taking a hit and nowhere is super duty mentioned.  

That list starts with the Ford Chicago Assembly Plant, which will be down the weeks of July 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th, with a two shift schedule planned for the week of August 2nd.

Next up is the Ford Dearborn Truck Plant, which will run a two shift schedule for the weeks of July 12th, 19th, and 26th.

The Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant will be down the weeks of July 12th and 19th on the Ford F-150 side, and down the week of July 19th on the Ford Transit side. The Ford Flat Rock Assembly Plant will be also down the weeks of July 12th and 19th.

The Ford Hermosillo Assembly Plant will be running one of two shifts the weeks of July 12th and 19th, while the Ford Kentucky Truck Plant will be down the week of July 12th and on a two shift schedule the weeks of July 19th, 26th, and August 2nd.

The Ford Louisville Assembly Plant will operate on a reduced schedule the week of July 19th.

The Ford Oakville Assembly Plant will only build the Lincoln Nautilus the weeks of July 19th, 26th, and August 2nd.

Finally, the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant will be down weeks of July 5th and 26th, but that closure is due to an unrelated parts shortage that’s not chip-related.

12 minutes ago, Gadget said:

Someone posted about super duties shutting down...  according the Ford Authority this morning, only the 150 side is taking a hit and nowhere is super duty mentioned.  

That list starts with the Ford Chicago Assembly Plant, which will be down the weeks of July 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th, with a two shift schedule planned for the week of August 2nd.

Next up is the Ford Dearborn Truck Plant, which will run a two shift schedule for the weeks of July 12th, 19th, and 26th.

The Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant will be down the weeks of July 12th and 19th on the Ford F-150 side, and down the week of July 19th on the Ford Transit side. The Ford Flat Rock Assembly Plant will be also down the weeks of July 12th and 19th.

The Ford Hermosillo Assembly Plant will be running one of two shifts the weeks of July 12th and 19th, while the Ford Kentucky Truck Plant will be down the week of July 12th and on a two shift schedule the weeks of July 19th, 26th, and August 2nd.

The Ford Louisville Assembly Plant will operate on a reduced schedule the week of July 19th.

The Ford Oakville Assembly Plant will only build the Lincoln Nautilus the weeks of July 19th, 26th, and August 2nd.

Finally, the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant will be down weeks of July 5th and 26th, but that closure is due to an unrelated parts shortage that’s not chip-related.

• Ford Super Duty trucks and Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs: The Kentucky Truck plant in Kentucky will be down the week of July 12 and run two shifts for three weeks beginning July 19.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps the most interesting sentence in Ford’s press release about the shut-downs…..

There may be more factory disruption in coming weeks.”

I’m betting Ford has no idea more than a week out of the semiconductor (and modules) supply status and flow.  It’s the only reasonable explanation as to how volatile and shifting the build dates are.  Ford Corporate leadership must be on the verge of losing sanity……

I wonder if I cancelled and waited to order a 2023……..

a). How much more would it cost over the same trim 450 2022 MY?   

b). How much later would I actually get the truck than I’m already going to wait?

If cost is not tremendously higher, is this not a bad idea??  

Things are moving along on my 2022 F450XL 6.7 DRW 4x4, Stone Grey, Blis, Power Eqip Group, 32K 5th Wheel Hitch, Sirius, Synch 3, Wheel well liners, Spray in bedliner, Rear CHMSL camera, Precollision assist with AEB, xl value package, operator commanded regen

Ordered    March 31st

Ford Acknowledgement of order e-mail  June 2

VIN   ~ June 6th

Build Week 7/19

Build Day 7/23

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Savagedo said:

I wonder if I cancelled and waited to order a 2023……..

a). How much more would it cost over the same trim 450 2022 MY?   

b). How much later would I actually get the truck than I’m already going to wait?

If cost is not tremendously higher, is this not a bad idea??  

I am actually thinking of doing the same thing. I read an article today that they are testing AV equipment now on the Super Duty’s which I imagine would be available on the 2023 MY and it will also be the new exterior design. My 2022 F-350 Platinum has been changed from 7-19-21 all the way to 9-22-21 and I’m sure it won’t stop there. 

5 hours ago, Coynerboyner said:
  • Ford Super Duty trucks and Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs: The Kentucky Truck plant in Kentucky will be down the week of July 12 and run two shifts for three weeks beginning July 19.

It is apparent you did not read the release above in my post from Ford.  It clearly says F150 and Ford Transit ONLY.  Not Super Duty:

The Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant will be down the weeks of July 12th and 19th on the Ford F-150 side, and down the week of July 19th on the Ford Transit side. 

15 minutes ago, Chris E said:

. My 2022 F-350 Platinum has been changed from 7-19-21 all the way to 9-22-21 and I’m sure it won’t stop there. 

That is a normal change... first you get a build week (19th is a Monday and the start of the week - meaning it will build in that week) then you get the build day (unless you by chance get the build day the same day as the week start).

Edited by klinc

33 minutes ago, Gadget said:

It is apparent you did not read the release above in my post from Ford.  It clearly says F150 and Ford Transit ONLY.  Not Super Duty:

The Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant will be down the weeks of July 12th and 19th on the Ford F-150 side, and down the week of July 19th on the Ford Transit side. 

• The F-150 line at Kansas City Assembly Plant in Missouri will be down the weeks of July 12 and 19. The plant's Transit line will be down the week of July 19.

• Kentucky Truck Plant will be down the week of July 12 and will run two shifts the weeks of July 19, 26 and August 2. That plant, which builds Ford F-250–F-550 Super Duty Trucks, Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris E said:

It might be normal except my build week has changed 3 different times. I’m good with the wait but I’m thinking now it might make better sense to keep my 2018 another year and wait for the redesign. 

I have never been a fan or purchasing the 1st year of a redesign so for me that would mean waiting 2 more years.  Also, personally I think the current design looks amazing, not sure I would want to take the chance of the 2023 looking better.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Evolrider said:

I have never been a fan or purchasing the 1st year of a redesign so for me that would mean waiting 2 more years.  Also, personally I think the current design looks amazing, not sure I would want to take the chance of the 2023 looking better.

that’s how I feel, the new f150 interior doesn’t really impress me beyond the 12” screen.  The 22 super duty is giving me the best of both worlds in my opinion!! I love my current super duty’s interior and the 20 redesign was awesome but I bought a 19 because I was worried about the 10 speed growing pains!!

15 hours ago, Gadget said:

Kentucky Truck Plant will be down the week of July 12 and will run two shifts the weeks of July 19, 26 and August 2. That plant, which builds Ford F-250–F-550 Super Duty Trucks, Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator.

Not sure what article you are reading Gadget, but yes we will be down as stated above.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Digz said:

I wonder if Chevy and dodge are having the same order problems 

I'm not sure.  The dodge dealer in my town always seems to have quite a few trucks on the lot but the Chevy dealer has had none for quite some time. At one point our chevy dealer only had 3-4 new vehicles total on the lot when they typically had 50 or 60.  It looked like they were going out of business until they stocked the lot with dozens of used vehicles.  The Ford dealers near me haven't had much, but there's generally been an f150 or two on the lot, but certainly no super duties anywhere

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 2:27 PM, Chris E said:

It might be normal except my build week has changed 3 different times. I’m good with the wait but I’m thinking now it might make better sense to keep my 2018 another year and wait for the redesign. 

When did you place your order?

1 hour ago, Baddestt said:

Ford Receives Batch Of Chips, Will Ship Thousands Of F-Series Pickups (fordauthority.com)

Looks like chips are coming in. Hopefully Ford will get these 2022's in production and shipped to desperately waiting customers!

It may just be more smoke... but that sounds promising. I only order 5/24 so only about 6 weeks into my wait, and while I would love to have it come September or so, I can make do without it for a couple more months... and this sounds like maybe by the end of the year things may be rolling somewhat ok again... at least for those of us that have already had our orders in for a while!