2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

25 minutes ago, Teener said:

Correct, the dealer told me that they have been informed it would not get built.  Seemed a little weird to me, but I work for a heavy truck dealer and many things have changed in the last couple of years.  I should also comment that I know the GM of the dealer I'm working with and I hope they wouldn't do me wrong.  It shows retail on my paperwork, but if it wasn't submitted as a retail order they would be asking me to remove adaptive steering and the spray-in bedliner too.

As far as installing the option after the fact they are going to research a part number and price to get back to me.  Working at a dealer myself looking this up usually requires finding a VIN that had the option from the factory to locate part numbers.  I really wanted it from the factory but am fully capable of doing it myself as I have a hoist and all the necessary tools.  The downside will be having to cut the bedliner around the bed mounting bolts to remove it.  Just want to make sure that the kit they look up is complete.  It needs to include hardware/brackets, factory harness, and bed sidewall passthrough/plugin.  In the build data selection, it references 12/7 pin ports.  I believe the 12 includes the trailer tire pressure monitor wiring which I plan to utilize.

Really hope this doesn't turn into a mess...

There is a YouTube video of the 5th wheel prep installed after production. Seems pretty straight forward. Locate the dimples and drill.

Search “FORD FACTORY 5TH WHEEL/GOOSENECK HITCH
PREP PACKAGE INSTALL” 

10 hours ago, jhaber said:

For anyone who cares... It was 13 days from "in production" change on the tracker (which was thee date it was sent to the plant) to  "Built"

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 7.07.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 7.00.52 AM.png

TY, very helpful!  mine went into production Tuesday - but I thought it was much quicker to finish than 13 days, like i thought it was 3.  anyone else have a datapoint here?  What is time between "in production" to "built"?

10 hours ago, JT42 said:

Looks great and Congrats! Enjoy your new truck!

Fifth wheel prep package?  JC I have basically the same truck on order, build date 2/7 then 2/14 one 2/21 I’m wondering if that’s what’s holding mine up. 
no AS but 6.7 DRW 4x4 with fifth wheel lariat 

I just got the dreaded e mail…. Bumped again 

got a Vin and build date late December of

2/4 bumped to 2/14, bumped to 2/21

and now 2/28 a pretty simple truck 

F350 Lariat DRW

value pack

fifth wheel prep 

high mount camera

safe 

upfitter switches 

maybe tomorrow I should see if they can drop the fifth wheel prep. It’s strange if that’s the hold up because I can buy the factory OEM one on line.  

11 hours ago, KidNick said:

I looked at the window sticker last night and the date in the white border changed from 2/9to 2/17, no changes on the ford tracker app and then this morning it says delivered on 2/16 reached out to my sales rep and he sent me the following photos

11AA220C-C172-4910-A826-CA6A4A8C4C96.jpeg

43C381F9-A837-4F26-9130-C091E7245BD3.jpeg

Do you have the fifth wheel prep, I keep getting bumped and am wondering if that’s why? 

6 hours ago, aguyindallas said:

I previously had a build schedule for week of 3/28 but got an email that shows it pushed a week, into April. 

Same dates here. Just grateful for a VIN and scheduled tentative build date. ?? One thing is for certain Ford is still building Super Duty Trucks.

For those who are receiving bump emails, what are your confirmed order dates, and do you have any known commodity restraints (AS, Liner, 5th wheel) on your builds? 

Scared to open my email hahah 

Edited by JT42

15 minutes ago, JT42 said:

For those who are receiving bump emails, what are your confirmed order dates, and do you have any known commodity restraints (AS, Liner, 5th wheel) on your builds? 

Ordered 12/13 F350 DRW w fifth wheel prep original build date 2/4, 2/14, 2/21 now 2/28 

37 minutes ago, JT42 said:

F-250 LARIAT ULTIMATE PACKAGE,  SPRAY IN BED LINER, 5TH WHEEL PREP, MOONROOF,  UPFITTER SWITCHES, CHROME PACKAGE  20" RIMS 

ORDERED SEPTEMBER 25

Originally build date March 14th

Now April 4