2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

7 hours ago, Beefmaster said:

So, here's a question. I had a fleet order. I placed a $1k deposit on it. After 8 months it was not scheduled so I cancelled (emailed salesman) the order and got my $1k back. If the truck comes in, can I go to the dealership and still buy it at the price I ordered it for? I mean if they didn't cancel it it's still my order.. right? Would the dealership get in trouble with Ford for not cancelling orders and using them for dealer stock? 

Sorry about the previous reply... I should have read your post more closely and not replied so quickly!

If the Dealer cancelled the unscheduled fleet order, it's a moot point as they'll never see the vehicle. If they didn't cancel the order, it'll depend on whether it hasn't already been sold to another customer. The Dealer has no obligation to you once you cancelled the order. If the vehicle is built and received as a fleet unit and not sold to another customer, they could sell it to you if they choose to. Otherwise, they can have the vehicle re-invoiced as a stock unit and sell it for a lot more money and profit as a retail transaction.

Hope this answers your question! 

1 hour ago, Tim418 said:

I know there are ongoing commodity restraints that have all been addressed but is this something ford has just sent out or has this been around awhile? I see going back several pages that several peoples trucks have been scheduled recently with these items. I placed an order on 1-20-22 and the only item is the 5th wheel prep that is on the list, I know it hasn’t been very long but I was hoping it may get a production date sooner rather than later. Thanks for all you do.

Here's the information from Ford that was posed in the Scheduling Notes thread on December 6, 2021.

• 22MY Super Duty Option Availability:  For the remainder of 22MY, the following options will only be available to schedule on retail orders.  Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:
    • Spray in Bedliner (85S)
    • Fifth Wheel Prep (53W)
    • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
    • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
    • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)

Hope this answers your question. 

Maybe I’m a little naive, ordered a 250 king ranch all the bells and whistles 7.3 gas on 9/24 got confirmation 9/25 got vin# like in December original build date week of 1/31. 

Bumped to 2/14, then 2/21, now 2/28 but still no window sticker. My assumption is my parts are in a pile waiting for enough people to come to work to build my truck. How does the process really work?

1 hour ago, Sh6l9by said:

Maybe I’m a little naive, ordered a 250 king ranch all the bells and whistles 7.3 gas on 9/24 got confirmation 9/25 got vin# like in December original build date week of 1/31. 

Bumped to 2/14, then 2/21, now 2/28 but still no window sticker. My assumption is my parts are in a pile waiting for enough people to come to work to build my truck. How does the process really work?

Workers has never been the issue. Ford has had several times where workers were laid off or given holiday time due to lack of parts.

Your parts are likely sitting in shipping containers or trailers somewhere waiting to be delivered to the plant.

The exact science of the whole process has never been made public, but the logistics of having parts to build ~8000 trucks a week in normal times must be mind boggling though.

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Sorry about the previous reply... I should have read your post more closely and not replied so quickly!

If the Dealer cancelled the unscheduled fleet order, it's a moot point as they'll never see the vehicle. If they didn't cancel the order, it'll depend on whether it hasn't already been sold to another customer. The Dealer has no obligation to you once you cancelled the order. If the vehicle is built and received as a fleet unit and not sold to another customer, they could sell it to you if they choose to. Otherwise, they can have the vehicle re-invoiced as a stock unit and sell it for a lot more money and profit as a retail transaction.

Hope this answers your question! 

It does, thank you. I didn't know if the order would still have my name on it in Ford's order system. Or if a name is even attached in the Ford system for fleet orders. The day after I cancelled my fleet order I got a call from a retail salesman at the dealership saying he could order me a retail truck and apply some kind of discount and get the truck quicker and almost as cheap as with the fleet program. I thought he might be trying to sell me the truck I had already ordered.

12 hours ago, HarryTaint said:

8 months? Wow, what did you order? 

I had ordered a F350 XL CCLB 4X4 6.2 gas bed delete and was told my order was "Unscheduled/clean" the whole time. But since it was a fleet order it would be produced last. No one told me this when I placed the order. So after 8 months of unscheduled/clean I cancelled the order. 

19 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

It does, thank you. I didn't know if the order would still have my name on it in Ford's order system. Or if a name is even attached in the Ford system for fleet orders. The day after I cancelled my fleet order I got a call from a retail salesman at the dealership saying he could order me a retail truck and apply some kind of discount and get the truck quicker and almost as cheap as with the fleet program. I thought he might be trying to sell me the truck I had already ordered.

Retail orders require the customer's name. Fleet orders require a FIN (Fleet Identification) number which is associated with the name of the fleet customer, organization or government agency. The Window Stickers for fleet orders will show the fleet account name and a fleet order type, usually 5B. Fleet pricing is usually substantially less than that for a retail order but depends on the discounts and fleet incentives available for the FIN number. A vehicle produced and invoiced as a fleet vehicle cannot be sold to a retail customer without being re-invoiced as a Dealer Stock unit which removes all fleet discounts and incentives. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HarryTaint said:

8 months? Wow, what did you order? 

We ordered an F250 7.3l Platti Tremor with all commodity constraints…5th wheel prep, AS, tonneau, spray liner.  Was a priority 10 forever and got moved up to a priority 2 just before Christmas.  Just recently decided to drop spray in liner, since it can get done locally for same price.  The Sales Manager is working with Regional Manager to make the change and to request priority 1 because of the long wait.

To top this all off, we originally ordered as a 21my in April 2021, which was canceled by Ford mid-May…they canceled many outstanding 21 orders during chip shortage.  Reordered late-May as a 22my and was accepted by Ford mid-June.  Based on June date, we’re at 8 months unscheduled, but really are at 10 months if you use the April date.

On the upside, it’s our travel trailer tow vehicle for camping, which we don’t do during winter.  However, spring is coming soon and we’d like our truck sooner than later…that said, it’s been a long, hard, frustrating wait.

Yesterday, my Son contacted Ford to make sure that his truck got ordered back in September 26th because he never received an e-mail from ford. He has asked the Dealership numerous times whey he hasn't received a confirmation e-mail from Ford. And they keep telling him his truck has been ordered. I saw a posting on here the other day with the phone number to ford and had him call it yesterday to make sure that he had a truck ordered. When he spoke with the lady on the phone she told him that his truck had been ordered and that the dealer used my e-mail and did not have one for him. She added him to my e-mail for future notices on his truck. I then called the number to make sure that my Truck had been ordered and it was in August. I asked if the was any thing that I could remove from the build to speed up the process. I informed him that I already removed the 5th wheel pre and spray in bed liner. He told my that I needed to talk with my dealer and that he could speak with ford to get my truck move up with a production date. My question is has anyone done this or is this not possible for the dealer to get this going. I don't want to bother him if there is nothing he can do.

1 hour ago, Misnjak said:

Once delivered at the dealership how long do they usually need until you can pick it up?

Depends on the dealership. I was working for a Toyota dealership and it would take three or four days even on custom orders. When I ordered my 16 f150 I picked it up an hour or two after delivery, salesman called me and sent a picture of it being pulled off the truck and told me to drive on out to get it.

4 hours ago, Sh6l9by said:

So realistically don’t get exited about a build date until I see the window sticker.

window stickers have been showing up the day they are sent into production in our case with the past 3 trucks weve ordered that had late Jan early Feb build dates.