2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

F250 Lariat 6.7 no hold items, ordered 21 Dec, build week 28 Feb then moved to 21 Feb, cyberdman build to date 26 Feb late last week, went in production this morning with window sticker up.

I think they are fitting in the 350 and 450 and hold items as they can and keeping the line busy with us low end guys otherwise

1 hour ago, jhaber said:

@ice-capades Im sure its been asked before but is there any way to make a dealer take off their added mark ups on your deal like warranty programs, lojack.  (ie paint protection BS) that your dont want and didnt ask for?

Of course not.  You can’t force the dealer to do anything.  If it’s a plan sale they aren’t allowed to add that stuff without your consent but they also don’t have to accept a plan sale on anything.  So if the dealer is insisting on it your option is to walk away.

21 minutes ago, akirby said:

Of course not.  You can’t force the dealer to do anything.  If it’s a plan sale they aren’t allowed to add that stuff without your consent but they also don’t have to accept a plan sale on anything.  So if the dealer is insisting on it your option is to walk away.

I'd also call Ford Customer Relations right from the showroom floor, on speaker phone, to complain that the dealer added unrequested and unapproved extras to my factory ordered truck and told me to take it or leave it at the higher, not agreed to, price. Basically holding your ordered truck hostage. That's BS. And Ford is getting more involved is such disputes. It looks bad for Ford when some of their independent dealers do this kind of stuff. Creates PR issues for them. They seem be taking notice lately. Hence warning dealers about mark ups.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tjm73 said:

I'd also call Ford Customer Relations right from the showroom floor, on speaker phone, to complain that the dealer added unrequested and unapproved extras to my factory ordered truck and told me to take it or leave it at the higher, not agreed to, price. Basically holding your ordered truck hostage. That's BS. And Ford is getting more involved is such disputes. It looks bad for Ford when some of their independent dealers do this kind of stuff. Creates PR issues for them. They seem be taking notice lately. Hence warning dealers about mark ups.

Well you’re assuming those were added as a surprise at the last minute and if so then I agree.  But if that’s their normal procedure and you just didn’t ask about it up front then it might be sleazy but nothing Ford can do about that.

23 hours ago, Cglenn said:

I was just told, and take this with a huge helping of salt, by my dealer that Ford was not building any of the super duty’s with adaptive steering. While I have heard this option can impact production scheduling I have not heard that they are not scheduling the builds with this option. I only learned this morning from my dealer when I inquired about adding it to my build since my ‘19 had it. Heck I don’t even know if I will notice the lack of this option but needless to say I told my dealer do not add this to my build for fear of being delayed. Heck, I am only in week two of my order

I ordered in August.  F-350 Lariat with Adaptive Steering, Fifth Wheel Prep, etc.  I finally got my VIN and build date of March 21st this week.  Adaptive Steering was supposedly the main hold up but that is clearing up.

1 hour ago, muggerzh said:

F250 Lariat 6.7 no hold items, ordered 21 Dec, build week 28 Feb then moved to 21 Feb, cyberdman build to date 26 Feb late last week, went in production this morning with window sticker up.

I think they are fitting in the 350 and 450 and hold items as they can and keeping the line busy with us low end guys otherwise

I had a build week of the 7th. Tracker went "in production" on the 4th. Still says "in production" as of today the 15th.

21 minutes ago, jhaber said:

I had a build week of the 7th. Tracker went "in production" on the 4th. Still says "in production" as of today the 15th.

I do not have any as-built codes up yet.  The build to day is stronger i think.

do you have any chip hold items? or a gas motor?

2 hours ago, jhaber said:

@ice-capades Im sure its been asked before but is there any way to make a dealer take off their added mark ups on your deal like warranty programs, lojack.  (ie paint protection BS) that your dont want and didnt ask for?

Depends on the state laws where you are. Some states give the buyer the right to refuse Dealer sold and installed options that are not accepted by the buyer. In addition, in some states, if the Dealer installs the factory front license plate bracket that a buyer specifically requested not be installed, the Dealer must remove it and repair any damage from the unauthorized installation. The same applies to Dealer installed branding with dealership logos. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, muggerzh said:

I do not have any as-built codes up yet.  

I've seen a few people using the existence of as-built data as a measure of vehicle build progress.  What is the thought behind that?  Obviously it means you're moving along in the process, but can you infer anything specific?  Doesn't the whole assembly line take less than 24 hours?

30 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

I've seen a few people using the existence of as-built data as a measure of vehicle build progress.  What is the thought behind that?  Obviously it means you're moving along in the process, but can you infer anything specific?  Doesn't the whole assembly line take less than 24 hours?

Not sure, i think it just another indicator.  I guess that these are all different databases and that the public access is updated at different times.  I will post when i see codes.

I placed my order 12/6/21 for F350 Lariat Tremor. I visited my dealer today and they shared the following message from Ford.

On Super Duty, we have key commodities that are restricted to retail only. In order to expedite delivery times, customers may consider removing:

• Spray -in bedliner - wait time: 27 weeks
  • 5th Wheel Prep Package - wait time: 27 weeks
  • Active/Adaptive steering - wait time: 20 weeks
  • Tonneau Covers - wait time: 25 weeks
  • D3IGL Continental Tire (Standard Tire for F450) - Wait time: 27 weeks.

I removed my spray in bedliner and 5th wheel prep. 

Let's see if this helps move this order!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Just for clarification, there is a process that Dealers have to go through when a customer cancels a scheduled retail order. A scheduled order, regardless of the order type (Stock, Retail, Plan, etc.) cannot be cancelled. The written cancellation notice from the customer has to be submitted to the COVP system for documentation as part of the COVP compliance requirements. As part of the COVP program, there's a "Name Match" feature that checks to see if the name on the order matches the name of the buyer when the sale is reported to Ford. Without documentation of the retail customer's cancellation of the COVP verified order, the Dealer would then be in violation of the COVP program rules when the vehicle is sold, delivered and reported to a different buyer. There's a reporting system in place so that Dealers can monitor their compliance. The COVP rules specify the penalties for the 1st and any additional violations and include loss of allocation, allocation chargeback and expulsion from the COVP program. As long as the Dealer complies with all the COVP program rules, they are free to sell and deliver the vehicle to another customer without penalty.

While there's merit to the COVP program, it's another labor and time requirement at the dealership level to provide the proper documentation, reporting, etc. to ensure compliance. It's another example of Ford executives in Dearborn creating programs that place another burden and expense on dealership operations although with COVP and other programs, Ford is holding Dealers responsible and accountable to conduct business in a professional manner.

Hope this helps answer any other questions some might have.      

If I am reading this right don't give them a letter canceling your order sounds like they will get in more trouble trying to sell your truck to someone else since the name won't match 

40 minutes ago, Browneyes033 said:

If I am reading this right don't give them a letter canceling your order sounds like they will get in more trouble trying to sell your truck to someone else since the name won't match 

That’s how I read it and I would imagine if a dealership has a large number of canceled orders even if done correctly would eventually catch up to Ford corporate it may take longer but it looks like Ford corporate is trying to put checks and balances in place

So, here's a question. I had a fleet order. I placed a $1k deposit on it. After 8 months it was not scheduled so I cancelled (emailed salesman) the order and got my $1k back. If the truck comes in, can I go to the dealership and still buy it at the price I ordered it for? I mean if they didn't cancel it it's still my order.. right? Would the dealership get in trouble with Ford for not cancelling orders and using them for dealer stock? 

Talked to my dealer today.  No updates from his side, but he was able to update my priority to 10.  He said this used to mean more, but at the moment, unless regional/corporate updates lower than 10, anything between 10-19 is essentially same priority.

7 hours ago, OldManJax said:

So this is what I got from my dealer.  When I try to check the status of the truck online just to see if it works it tells me invalid order number.  Am I missing something?  Or is this the dealers order number and not mine?

6E89728C-0EE0-43F2-8F03-B8DB8172A2D8.jpeg

You have to enter the Dealer's order number. Don't know how you're using a different order number. Ford order numbers are 4 digits only... 4 numbers or alpha numeric. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content