2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

26 minutes ago, El_Supremo said:

When is the last time the Ford tracking site worked for anyone? Haven’t been able to get it working for me since last week.

I just used it without issues. Yesterday was touch and go though. 

May want to clear your browsers cache and try again. 

Edited by JT42

I’m still a priority 19. Emailed the dealer I placed the order through to see if he could lower the priority number to even a 10-12, told me the only way to get more priority would be to switch from the diesel to a gas engine. Spoke to the manager, said priority numbers don’t actually matter. Frustrated with the lack of communication to say the least. Was originally told 3-4 months, salesmen told me 8-10 now. 

Edited by G_kell882
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, G_kell882 said:

I’m still a priority 19. Emailed the dealer I placed the order through to see if he could lower the priority number to even a 10-12, told me the only way to get more priority would be to switch from the diesel to a gas engine. Spoke to the manager, said priority numbers don’t actually matter. Frustrated with the lack of communication to say the least. Was originally told 3-4 months, salesmen told me 8-10 now. 

I went from 19 to 10 last week. Dealer said he'd do it but it won't really matter or do anything. So far he's right. Can't figure out how so many have ordered the last month and already have build dates. I'm only at 2.5 months since ordered, I feel like that's a long time but that's not long compared to many here. If my 22MY isn't being built by the time 23MY are starting to order I may scrap the 22 and go 23. What's another 5-6 month wait....

26 minutes ago, CheeseheadFord said:

I went from 19 to 10 last week. Dealer said he'd do it but it won't really matter or do anything. So far he's right. Can't figure out how so many have ordered the last month and already have build dates. I'm only at 2.5 months since ordered, I feel like that's a long time but that's not long compared to many here. If my 22MY isn't being built by the time 23MY are starting to order I may scrap the 22 and go 23. What's another 5-6 month wait....

I was also told the priority code didn't matter, but after reading this forum since Aug I have learned the difference. I ordered 8/24 and finally got a VIN Jan 6ish after deleting spray in bed liner, 5th wheel prep, & tonneau. Scheduled for 2/27 but we will see if that holds. I don't know if my code changed or not bc my dealer is not helpful. They told me that I had a build date at the end of Jan but also told me that there was no VIN. I told them to have a build date there has to be a VIN & was told to check back Feb 1. I immediately called ford marketing and they gave me the VIN. 

Edited by HarryTaint

2 hours ago, El_Supremo said:

When is the last time the Ford tracking site worked for anyone? Haven’t been able to get it working for me since last week.

After a few weeks of me receiving my Build week and VIN email the Track My Order at the bottom of that email quit working, it would send me to a page with weird texting and nothing else.  

Now I just go to https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

I have to put in my Customer order number (Txxx) and I copy my VIN from email and paste for VIN. 

F-250 Lariat, ultimate, 6.7L, spray bed liner, hitch prep

ordered/confirmed           12/23/21

vin #, scheduled build.      2/7/22

build date                           3/21/22

The email I received from Ford Motor Co stated the production date for my vehicle had changed although it had not been previously scheduled. I thought it was odd. I had placed the same order with another dealer four days earlier. Coincidence maybe. 

Wow, TotalStranger. I ordered back in June and was originally scheduled for the week of 03/14 and that has now been pushed back to week of 03/21. You are still 6 months ahead of me, guess you are one of the lucky ones. Mine has been a priority 02 for months now, so who knows, 

1 hour ago, HarryTaint said:

I was also told the priority code didn't matter, but after reading this forum since Aug I have learned the difference. I ordered 8/24 and finally got a VIN Jan 6ish after deleting spray in bed liner, 5th wheel prep, & tonneau. Scheduled for 2/27 but we will see if that holds. I don't know if my code changed or not bc my dealer is not helpful. They told me that I had a build date at the end of Jan but also told me that there was no VIN. I told them to have a build date there has to be a VIN & was told to check back Feb 1. I immediately called ford marketing and they gave me the VIN. 

I have a pretty bare bones XL 7.3 CCSB 4x4 with 4.30 gears.  Opted for power package and FX4 and that's about it so the commodity code argument is hard to use at this point on mine. 

3 hours ago, G_kell882 said:

I was a priority 10 from the start. And I have a diesel scheduled for production March 14th ordered May 21st. 

I get so irritated when people lie about things that really are not necessary to lie about. Any lying is bad. Just saying.

And I was a priority 02 when I got scheduled. 

Edited by danielj
  • Like 1

Hi All, I am in need of assistance. I ordered an F250 in November that will be at my dealer soon. Long story short, my dealer is trying to screw me on the price increase. Not wanting to just accept that my price had increased, I did some research and found this forum and the excellent information from Ice Capades. I forwarded the price protection letter to my dealer and it didn't go well. They wouldn't respond by email, calling me instead. The guy began the conversation by barking at me, "THAT'S AN INTERNAL DOCUMENT!!". I replied, "Yes, it is. And it means that you need to charge me the price in effect when I ordered." He then said, "WHERE DID YOU GET THIS!?!?!". "Doesn't matter", I replied. This really got him going. He came back with, "THIS DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!!". I emailed the manager and recounted the whole saga and included the letter. I told him that if their price was locked in when the order was placed, then my price should be locked in as well. It has been two weeks and I have not received a reply.

My questions to you are, is there anyone at Ford who can talk to my dealer and explain price protection to them? Is there someone at Ford who can confirm that the dealer's cost on an ordered vehicle is set when the order is confirmed? Does anyone have a copy of the dealer's invoice for a Super Duty from before the price increase? I am concerned that they'll just fabricate something with the new number.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers

On 2/14/2022 at 11:49 AM, Cglenn said:

I was just told, and take this with a huge helping of salt, by my dealer that Ford was not building any of the super duty’s with adaptive steering. While I have heard this option can impact production scheduling I have not heard that they are not scheduling the builds with this option. I only learned this morning from my dealer when I inquired about adding it to my build since my ‘19 had it. Heck I don’t even know if I will notice the lack of this option but needless to say I told my dealer do not add this to my build for fear of being delayed. Heck, I am only in week two of my order

Limited comes with AS.  Is your dealer telling you that Ford is not making any more Limited SDs or that only Limited will come with AS?   If there really is a constraint on parts for AS then we should see a notice from from Ford. 

image.thumb.png.bd0558364952c50566af745319bd481c.png

Edited by Monoman

Hi Dog Breath,

I signed an order sheet addendum but nothing with price including taxes. They did email me the build sheet showing the price as of November. The thing is, they can just say "We don't care what that says. The price is now $1,245 more. Take it or leave it."

From their perspective, it's better if I walk away. They would add $15k to the price and sell it within a few days for $16,245 more than what my price is. Shame on me for not getting the price confirmed in writing.

4 hours ago, G_kell882 said:

I’m right there with you. Ordered in August and was originally told December.  Now I’m told May 

37 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

I’m right there with you. Ordered in August and was originally told December.  Now I’m told May 

I don't know how you can do it, by it I mean stay on these forums and constantly watch trucks ordered after yours that are almost the exact same get build dates. Its completely demoralizing. Like the folks ordering in early Feb and already having build dates. I'm just going to cancel my month long trip to Alaska, cancel the various reservations I have, and leave the forums until I have it in my hands and need to look up fixing stuff or modifications. Hopefully they don't stop production in June.

Good luck all, evidently we all need it.

17 minutes ago, NedFletcher said:

I don't know how you can do it, by it I mean stay on these forums and constantly watch trucks ordered after yours that are almost the exact same get build dates. Its completely demoralizing. Like the folks ordering in early Feb and already having build dates. I'm just going to cancel my month long trip to Alaska, cancel the various reservations I have, and leave the forums until I have it in my hands and need to look up fixing stuff or modifications. Hopefully they don't stop production in June.

Good luck all, evidently we all need it.

Ned,

What exactly do you have on order?  My signature has what I ordered, when I ordered and build dates and recent date slides.

787Toolman

8 hours ago, Echo Sierra said:

Hi All, I am in need of assistance. I ordered an F250 in November that will be at my dealer soon. Long story short, my dealer is trying to screw me on the price increase. Not wanting to just accept that my price had increased, I did some research and found this forum and the excellent information from Ice Capades. I forwarded the price protection letter to my dealer and it didn't go well. They wouldn't respond by email, calling me instead. The guy began the conversation by barking at me, "THAT'S AN INTERNAL DOCUMENT!!". I replied, "Yes, it is. And it means that you need to charge me the price in effect when I ordered." He then said, "WHERE DID YOU GET THIS!?!?!". "Doesn't matter", I replied. This really got him going. He came back with, "THIS DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!!". I emailed the manager and recounted the whole saga and included the letter. I told him that if their price was locked in when the order was placed, then my price should be locked in as well. It has been two weeks and I have not received a reply.

My questions to you are, is there anyone at Ford who can talk to my dealer and explain price protection to them? Is there someone at Ford who can confirm that the dealer's cost on an ordered vehicle is set when the order is confirmed? Does anyone have a copy of the dealer's invoice for a Super Duty from before the price increase? I am concerned that they'll just fabricate something with the new number.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers

On 2/15/2022 at 4:43 AM, ice-capades said:

Just for clarification, there is a process that Dealers have to go through when a customer cancels a scheduled retail order. A scheduled order, regardless of the order type (Stock, Retail, Plan, etc.) cannot be cancelled. The written cancellation notice from the customer has to be submitted to the COVP system for documentation as part of the COVP compliance requirements. As part of the COVP program, there's a "Name Match" feature that checks to see if the name on the order matches the name of the buyer when the sale is reported to Ford. Without documentation of the retail customer's cancellation of the COVP verified order, the Dealer would then be in violation of the COVP program rules when the vehicle is sold, delivered and reported to a different buyer. There's a reporting system in place so that Dealers can monitor their compliance. The COVP rules specify the penalties for the 1st and any additional violations and include loss of allocation, allocation chargeback and expulsion from the COVP program. As long as the Dealer complies with all the COVP program rules, they are free to sell and deliver the vehicle to another customer without penalty.

While there's merit to the COVP program, it's another labor and time requirement at the dealership level to provide the proper documentation, reporting, etc. to ensure compliance. It's another example of Ford executives in Dearborn creating programs that place another burden and expense on dealership operations although with COVP and other programs, Ford is holding Dealers responsible and accountable to conduct business in a professional manner.

Hope this helps answer any other questions some might have.      

Your at least protected from them selling it to another buyer as long as you had a COVP order. 

You should show up and speak to them in person so they can't ignore you. When you get the truck check the miles and make sure they don't do something sketchy like allow people to test drive your new truck. And ultimately where you got proof of ford policy doesn't matter. It's the fact that they want to rip you off is the issue.