2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

12 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

Let’s think for a second. How much sense would it make to send a 450 DRW down the line, with different leaf springs, rear axle length, extra wheels… after a basic 250, followed by a 350 with again, different axels, leaf springs, engines, gears, etc. It completely defies logic to be efficient and have the right parts ready to go. 

Well, I shared a photo showing proof that you're wrong.  Doesn't matter if it makes sense to you or not.  

16 minutes ago, OldManJax said:

Bah!   I'm hoping I don't get an email soon saying I've been pushed.  

I bet you are in the clear because things are progressing! At least someone is getting good news. It’s alright for me to be happy for others even though it’s hard to do sometimes ?.  

16 minutes ago, OldManJax said:

Bah!   I'm hoping I don't get an email soon saying I've been pushed.  

I bet you are in the clear because things are progressing! At least someone is getting good news. It’s alright for me to be happy for others even though it’s hard to do sometimes ?.  

2 hours ago, Beefmaster said:

I went to Ford's "Price and Build" site and built my dream truck. Then sent (emailed) the build sheet to multiple dealers and asked for their best out the door price. That made it very easy and low stress. However, I refuse to buy/order a truck without first driving it or a similar model. So I see dealers having demos on the lot to give buyers some idea of what they will get. The rest of the story is after 8 months of "Unscheduled/Clean" I cancelled the my order. Personally I won't order another truck. I'll buy off the lot. 

There's nothing locking you into buying when you order. If you order and don't like the vehicle you walk, you're out nothing but wait time unless your dealer takes a nonrefundable deposit. I wouldn't mess with a dealer that did that myself 

2 hours ago, Forderorder said:

Well, I shared a photo showing proof that you're wrong.  Doesn't matter if it makes sense to you or not.  

In your photo of "proof", there is a SUV ahead of the SD too. Now we all know those aren't built on the same lines. Just because you post some random picture from some random website of some random building doesn't prove anything. But sure, live your dream. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monoman said:

That sucks.  in my area SDs on the lots are $10K-$20k over MSRP.  The same dealers want MSRP or higher for COVP orders.  I ordered out of state and will wait.  Luckily, I don't need the truck until December or maybe even later.  Also, when I ordered there were none on the lots to test drive.  I've driven enough trucks over the years and ridden in most of the new ones. 

That's what a lot of dealers here were doing, even one I had dealt with on multiple occasions. I guess it's Loyalty be damned. I get MSRP but anything over on a special order is nothing but greed. I went 30 miles in the other direction and had a dealer willingly take my order for MSRP.

3 hours ago, Max4wKR said:

Anyone think the rear wheel liner could be holding up as well? I didn’t do 5th wheel or Bedliner just so i could get the truck faster but I’ve been pushed back 4 times now and feel like it going to get pushed again. 

I have front & rear wheel well liners and I just got a window sticker yesterday. 

14 minutes ago, HarryTaint said:

Aug 24

Good lord, i feel like i got a long wait coming for mine since I’ve ordered in 12/17.. Although a guy that was picking up his truck same day i ordered mine said he ordered 7 weeks ago 22’ f250 lariat fully loaded 6.7, but thinking i won’t see mine til end of April. 

4 hours ago, Max4wKR said:

Anyone think the rear wheel liner could be holding up as well? I didn’t do 5th wheel or Bedliner just so i could get the truck faster but I’ve been pushed back 4 times now and feel like it going to get pushed again. 

Since you have a build date that has been moved around I doubt it's the wheel liners.  More than likely chip related plus the plant shut down this coming week.

4 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

In your photo of "proof", there is a SUV ahead of the SD too. Now we all know those aren't built on the same lines. Just because you post some random picture from some random website of some random building doesn't prove anything. But sure, live your dream. 

Vehicles are not batched together.  At one point Ford was building RWD body on frame town cars, unibody FWD Continentals and unibody RWD Lincoln LS on the same time on the same line in Wixom.  Literally one behind the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, HarryTaint said:

Has anyone else with a build week of 3/14 had the tracker change to 'in production'? I wonder with the shut down next week if it will be in the first 'batch' the week of the 14...? My actual build date is 3/15. 

Yep, mine did and I was wondering about it. No window sticker yet. 

13 hours ago, FordTruckFan said:

I received the "your truck has been built" email this morning.  I am not sure that I believe since the tracker still says "in production" and the as builts aren't completely showing up.  I will believe it has been built when I see it in the parking lot at the dealership... LOL!  Ordered on 11/12.

Tracker finally changed this afternoon.  It’s says built and currently awaiting shipment.

• Like 1

Just heard that the moon roof in the trucks could also be holding them. Was reading again no idea if it’s actually true or not but lot of people had said once they removed the moonroof there trucks were built and shipped out within a couple weeks faster than others that have the moon roof. 

edit: nvm disregard this^

Edited by Max4wKR

1 hour ago, HarryTaint said:

My window sticker showed up about 2 days after the tracker changed to in production. 

Thank you. I’m hoping this means mine will get built the week of the 14th and not be pushed back again. The weather here is warming up and I have no way to pull my trailer right now. 

16 minutes ago, Max4wKR said:

Well shoot how you get yours before me lol ordered bout the same time 

I left everything off my salesman said would slow it down and most of it they could add once at dealership I guess.  Or it could be dumb luck. 

21 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

I also have a Canadian Dealer and the Sales Code is 6 letters/numbers. Mine has 2 letters followed by 4 numbers. Don't have the build sheet handy, but I believe this is included at the top of the sheet.

What is the dealer locator forum.