2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

16 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

Where is the form the OP referenced? Or was he referring to the forum Ice-Capades run and provides updates?

Sorry, don't recall the original post. Could it be the Dealer Order Guides, which are found in the top menu bar. 

4 hours ago, Fzappa1 said:

Poppy350 did yours get built? Mine did and shows waiting shipping 

No. Still just says in production. Bottom of window sticker date changed to 3/3 but that’s all. But good news for you. Maybe mine will not be much longer. 

On 2/10/2022 at 7:35 AM, Tom3 said:

I received the coveted "shipped" email from Ford this morning.  Since it takes a few weeks to get vehicle delivery from Kentucky to New Mexico, I'll go ahead and provide my timeline.

Vehicle: F250, 6.7, Lariat Value Package Baja, CCSB, Stone Gray. Additional options: FX4, extended running boards, rapid heat supplemental heater, block heater, camper pkg, UTT, rain sensing wipers, upfitters.  Initial order also had bedliner, 5th wheel prep, and gooseneck hitch.

11/01/21: Initial order.

11/12/21: Ford email confirming order.

12/03/21: Revised order to drop bedliner, 5th wheel prep, and gooseneck. Arranged for dealer to install after delivery.

12/09/21: Ford email scheduling build for week of January 31, 2022.

01/25/22: Cyberdman provided Scheduled to Day of 02/02/22.

01/26/22: Window sticker became available.

02/05/22: Ford email built notification.

02/10/22: Ford email shipped notification.

Estimated delivery is March 2 - March 8.

I can finish my timeline now:

02/22/22: Truck arrived at destination railyard (ABQ)

02/25/22: Truck arrived at dealer

03/03/22: I picked up the truck from the dealer.  Dealer had to install BW Gooseneck Hitch and spray-in bedliner.

Lots of stories out there about how dealers are handling price increases, personal cash offers (PCO), etc., so will share my experience.  When I met with the finance manager when I picked up the truck, two things were not correct: my PCO was not applied and the base price was approx. $1,200 higher than it should have been.  I used X Plan for pricing. The PCO "expired" January 3. I pointed out the I ordered the truck before then so it should still be valid.  Long story short on the price increase, price protection was not applied from the December 2021 price increase.  The finance manager readily agreed to correct both issues.  There was no pushback nor any sign of reticence to fix them. He sent me home with the truck while he corrected the issues.  He corrected them and this morning we finalized the purchase.  Everything was to the penny of what it should have been.  I will not judge why the errors initially occurred.  I will say the volume of custom retail orders and the length of time to build vehicles is a new experience for customers and dealership employees alike.  I feel like the dealership did not intentionally overcharge me as eagerly as they wanted to correct the issues and they did.  This dealership is Chalmers Ford in Rio Rancho, NM and I would highly recomment them.  That being said, when you purchase a vehicle, you are transacting business is as pure a capitalist market as you will find in this age. You have to educate yourself thoroughly before purchasing!  Thanks to this forum, I was informed and ready to conduct a good/fair purchase.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Tom3 said:

I can finish my timeline now:

02/22/22: Truck arrived at destination railyard (ABQ)

02/25/22: Truck arrived at dealer

03/03/22: I picked up the truck from the dealer.  Dealer had to install BW Gooseneck Hitch and spray-in bedliner.

Lots of stories out there about how dealers are handling price increases, personal cash offers (PCO), etc., so will share my experience.  When I met with the finance manager when I picked up the truck, two things were not correct: my PCO was not applied and the base price was approx. $1,200 higher than it should have been.  I used X Plan for pricing. The PCO "expired" January 3. I pointed out the I ordered the truck before then so it should still be valid.  Long story short on the price increase, price protection was not applied from the December 2021 price increase.  The finance manager readily agreed to correct both issues.  There was no pushback nor any sign of reticence to fix them. He sent me home with the truck while he corrected the issues.  He corrected them and this morning we finalized the purchase.  Everything was to the penny of what it should have been.  I will not judge why the errors initially occurred.  I will say the volume of custom retail orders and the length of time to build vehicles is a new experience for customers and dealership employees alike.  I feel like the dealership did not intentionally overcharge me as eagerly as they wanted to correct the issues and they did.  This dealership is Chalmers Ford in Rio Rancho, NM and I would highly recomment them.  That being said, when you purchase a vehicle, you are transacting business is as pure a capitalist market as you will find in this age. You have to educate yourself thoroughly before purchasing!  Thanks to this forum, I was informed and ready to conduct a good/fair purchase.

Congrats Tom! Enjoy your new rig! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryTaint said:

What's the date at the bottom of the window sticker mean again? 

It means nothing. People like to try and make it correlate with different things, but ultimately it is just the date the window sticker was generated. This has no relation to different steps along production. A new sticker is generated about once a week, sometimes sooner, throughout the production process and for a little while after the vehicle is produced.

• Like 3

On 3/4/2022 at 9:37 AM, JT42 said:

This really brings to light how badly we need to stop outsourcing our chip manufacturing to foreign interests and building our own chip plants. I know a few of them are in the works, with Intel and TMSC building two giant plants down in Arizona. Unfortunately, it will be years before they go online.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, FordTruckFan said:

Yes, its not working for me.  not on my phone or my computer.

My truck shows built 2 days ago with an estimated dealer arrival date of 3/25, really excited until I talked to the dealer.  They said it might be sitting in the parking lot waiting for chips. ? I sure hope they’re wrong.  But they’ve been pretty straight up so far. 

3/6 - Tracker is working for me.  Just noticed mine says "in production", but there is no production date and no window sticker.  Also I did not get an email update moving it from "scheduled for production" to "in production."

F350, Lariat, DRW, SCLB, 6.7, 5th wheel, spray-in, plus+++++ (no AS)

Ordered on 9/24

Order Confirmed Email on 10/7

Scheduled for production email 2/1 for week of 3/7

Scheduled for production email 2/4 for week of 3/14

Scheduled for production email 2/7 for week of 3/7

Scheduled for production email 2/25 for week of 3/14

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fzappa1 said:

My truck shows built 2 days ago with an estimated dealer arrival date of 3/25, really excited until I talked to the dealer.  They said it might be sitting in the parking lot waiting for chips. ? I sure hope they’re wrong.  But they’ve been pretty straight up so far. 

Key word is 'might'. You never know; it could've made the last train out.  At least yours got built last week. Mine has been in production with no date on the tracker since the 23rd. 

• Like 1

The wait is over for my purgatory truck, did not mind the initial wait from the ordering process. Dec.4th placed the order, confirmed on Dec.9th with a build date and Vin#. First build date was 1-31, moved to 2-9 received email on the 10th that it was built! Fantastic right? Delivery on 2-14 to 2-21 super! Then the wait to be delivered 70 miles on March 4th. that is where I couldn’t understand the delay.  

But it is here and the wait is over, good luck on all and the ones that are waiting. I’ll post up more photos of this 1% truck that Ford built for me. 

8E017F9F-684A-40F5-B053-73D5000669D0.jpeg

26BA7801-FCB3-404C-B8FA-7E6BBF7C6A20.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, themadmonk said:

Key word is 'might'. You never know; it could've made the last train out.  At least yours got built last week. Mine has been in production with no date on the tracker since the 23rd. 

Mine went into production on the same day and showed built 3/3 it’s a pretty simple built f350 DRW lariat I do have the fifth wheel prep and safe. 

Picked up yesterday.

Iconic Silver / Baja leather F350 CCSB, f&R wheel well liners, spray in bed liner, utt camera (all of which we thought would delay production / delivery)... 3.73 locking, fx4, camper pkg, trailer tpms/cam, upfitter sw, tailgate step, Lariat value pkg, 6.2, 10 spd.

Order confirmed Nov 8;

Delivered March 6 ...

Two days short of four months ... were we surprised? Yes

Are we happy? Absolutely! Now I don't have to check here and the tracker several times pet day ...

Keep the faith.

20220305_125333.jpg

Edited by Mefly2
Spell check
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, 35FordTudor said:

The wait is over for my purgatory truck, did not mind the initial wait from the ordering process. Dec.4th placed the order, confirmed on Dec.9th with a build date and Vin#. First build date was 1-31, moved to 2-9 received email on the 10th that it was built! Fantastic right? Delivery on 2-14 to 2-21 super! Then the wait to be delivered 70 miles on March 4th. that is where I couldn’t understand the delay.  

But it is here and the wait is over, good luck on all and the ones that are waiting. I’ll post up more photos of this 1% truck that Ford built for me. 

8E017F9F-684A-40F5-B053-73D5000669D0.jpeg

26BA7801-FCB3-404C-B8FA-7E6BBF7C6A20.jpeg

Nice looking truck! I have the same truck I’m waiting on delivery, except mine is a DRW… iconic silver and carbonized gray correct? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mefly2 said:

Picked up yesterday.

Iconic Silver / Baja leather F350 CCSB, f&R wheel well liners, spray in bed liner, utt camera (all of which we thought would delay production / delivery)... 3.73 locking, fx4, camper pkg, trailer tpms/cam, upfitter sw, tailgate step, Lariat value pkg, 6.2, 10 spd.

Order confirmed Nov 8;

Delivered March 6 ...

Two days short of four months ... were we surprised? Yes

Are we happy? Absolutely! Now I don't have to check here and the tracker several times pet day ...

Keep the faith.

20220305_125333.jpg

Beautiful truck

• Like 1