2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

20 hours ago, steaknpotatoes said:

I went into dealer and showed them 9 window stickers built just before mine, same day, and week after that all had FX4/3.55 SRW diesel. They blamed restrictions. I asked how can another truck be build same day as mine and have the 3.55, they said maybe 3.55 wasn't available the exact moment mine was built, but earlier or later in the day they had the 3.55 for those other trucks built at that moment... WTF!!!!      I asked if they can talk to Zone manager, or if I can call a 800 number, they said it's too late nothing can change it. They offered Xplan again for 2024...

So I call Ford Customer service, they give me a claim #, then they called my dealer to make them file a misbuild... I haven't talked to the dealer since Ford had them file a misbuild... Customer service was confused why my dealer didn't file a misbuild the moment we found out the window sticker didn't match the DORA

@ice-capades @akirby

my question is.....

If this misbuild claim goes through, assuming my dealer somehow screwed up the order, would the claim force my dealer to install the 3.55 when my truck arrives (in about 3 weeks), or can the dealer refuse to do so for me??   And would Ford reimburse my dealer for installing the 3.55 or does my dealer have to pay 100%

One more question, can Ford then give me a new door jam sticker and window sticker to show the 3J code (3.55 axel) instead of it showing 3H (3.31 axel), or would I be stuck with the wrong codes

The Misbuilt Vehicle Claim is treated similar to a warranty claim. As long as it's approved, the Dealer is reimbursed (parts and labor) from Ford for installing the correct axle ratio per Ford's Service policy manual. I don't believe the Dealer can file the claim for reimbursement without performing the work and submitting the associated documentation as doing so would constitute fraud. 

I can't answer your question about the door jam label, but the service department may be able to order the revised version. You'd have to address that with the Dealer. 

• Like 1

It has been limited scheduling of KR and Platinums since the start of Job 2. The trailer backup assist has been very limited scheduling, which of course is a part of these trim levels. Then add on the 7.3 limited scheduling, or even the diesel HO version, not to mention moonroofs or the myriad of other appearances...I think it's safe to say that fewer KR, Platinums and Limiteds will be built this MY than in 22. That's sad and very frustrating. I really had hoped that they had learned from MY22 and the new supply deals and the price increase would help garuntee a better supply flow. But that has long since proved to not be the case. I had a hope of getting a truck by the end of the year but since they're ending the run in October, I'm pretty sure I'll have to wait until MY24. 

11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The Misbuilt Vehicle Claim is treated similar to a warranty claim. As long as it's approved, the Dealer is reimbursed (parts and labor) from Ford for installing the correct axle ratio per Ford's Service policy manual. I don't believe the Dealer can file the claim for reimbursement without performing the work and submitting the associated documentation as doing so would constitute fraud. 

I can't answer your question about the door jam label, but the service department may be able to order the revised version. You'd have to address that with the Dealer. 

Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate it!

• Thanks 1

Chatting with our Sales Manager yesterday, as he knows we have friends interested in a F-350 KR. He has a F-350 KR DRW 6.7 with lots of options, built but not yet shipped. Anticipated arrival is early August. Unfortunately our friends are concerned with the rising interest costs, so are holding off on a truck purchase. The original purchaser changed their mind due to rising diesel prices, so opted for ordering a F-150.

So if anyone is interested, a F-350 KR DRW is available in Metro Vancouver. Can only be sold in Canada.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:04 AM, CharlieKelley said:

I know that this has been hit on ad nauseum already, but I find it very frustrating that Ford is not sending update emails. I received an email Dec. 15 stating, "Now here’s our promise to you. We know that waiting for delivery of your Ford is far less fun than actually driving it. So, we commit to updating you as soon as we can, at least once every 45 days regarding your vehicle’s production schedule status. No matter what." (I added emphasis.) I received another email Jan. 29 saying, essentially, "No update, but we haven't forgotten about you." It's been more than 45 days since then, and I have heard nothing.

I don't need emails every 45 days saying that they still haven't made my truck. But when they come out themselves and make that promise, I expect them to keep that promise, especially given how easy it is to send out automated emails.

It's annoying. Rant over.

OK, here's my timeline:

2022 10 28: Order placed

2022 10 31: Order confirmed

2022 12 15: Email with status (no update)

2023 01 29: Email with status (no update)

2023 05 11: Email with status (no update)

2023 06 15: Scheduled for production week of July 17

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CharlieKelley said:

OK, here's my timeline:

Well, that's progress.

I believe I'm going to be a unicorn build the way the constraints are going.

On 6/22/2023 at 3:09 PM, CharlieKelley said:

OK, here's my timeline:

I forgot to ask, but what is your build?

4 hours ago, wharrell said:

A shame Ford can’t build these trucks.  It’s likely intentional and by planning.

War on trucks 

i am hoping something can be produced in 2024.

They sold 70k F series last month.  They’re building and selling a lot except for a few specific retail orders.

• Like 3

On 6/24/2023 at 2:39 PM, wharrell said:

A shame Ford can’t build these trucks.  It’s likely intentional and by planning.

War on trucks 

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

It is more likely that a combination of factors are disrupting a complicated system that was never designed to handle the current situation. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

Trim Level?

Sorry, forgot to include that. Lariat.

F350

Lariat

Crew Cab

8' bed

Bench seat

Standard output 6.7 diesel

3.31 e-lock differential

FX4

6" step bars

Supplemental cab heater

5th wheel prep package

Upfitter switches

Roof lights

Tailgate step

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 2:39 PM, wharrell said:

War on trucks 

I've been at Ford/KTP for 24 years.  Ever since COVID, parts have been an issue.  We have missed more production days in the last 3 years than the previous 21 years.  Believe me, Ford wants to build these trucks!  

• Like 5

On 6/25/2023 at 11:18 PM, waloud said:

I've been at Ford/KTP for 24 years.  Ever since COVID, parts have been an issue.  We have missed more production days in the last 3 years than the previous 21 years.  Believe me, Ford wants to build these trucks!  

Lol

Ford sent me ANOTHER apology email last night. 8 months after ordering..

Ford had lost its way and needs new leadership.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

Lol

Ford sent me ANOTHER apology email last night. 8 months after ordering..

Ford had lost its way and needs new leadership.  

I'm not sure how to best reply to your post but the first reaction is that Ford's CEO is not responsible for getting your order scheduled. The company wants nothing more than to build and deliver every retail order as soon as possible but it's just not possible with the continuing commodity and plant constraints in addition to the supply chain issues. The scheduling of King Ranch and Platinum models is further complicated with the equipment and features included that are more dependent on applicable constraints making the scheduling more difficult. 

Dealer management of your order, priority code and communication with your Dealer are important and can impact the scheduling of your order. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to resouces that provide the most recent status for your order including the AM Preview Scheduling Report that will display the specific commodity restraints applicable to your retail order.  

• Like 3

I apologize that you misunderstood my comment.  I did not type that it was Farley’s responsibility to schedule my build.  

You eloquently stated “it's just not possible with the continuing commodity and plant constraints in addition to the supply chain issues.”

Are these not the challenges that leadership would plan to account for and overcome.  If one were to tell me it’s not the CEOs role to envision challenges such as these and develop plans and a team that will be successful and overcome these opportunities, then I am at a loss as to how further discourse is warranted.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

I apologize that you misunderstood my comment.  I did not type that it was Farley’s responsibility to schedule my build.  

You eloquently stated “it's just not possible with the continuing commodity and plant constraints in addition to the supply chain issues.”

Are these not the challenges that leadership would plan to account for and overcome.  If one were to tell me it’s not the CEOs role to envision challenges such as these and develop plans and a team that will be successful and overcome these opportunities, then I am at a loss as to how further discourse is warranted.

I'll suggest that the time to envision the current challenges has long since past, as they have existed since long before I ordered my 2022 F-450 KRU, in August 2021. I'll suggest the CEO's role is currently developing plans to mitigate the shortages,  none of which are easy and all take time and investments.

In addition to Ford's ability to build higher trim levels, what information is your dealer providing and how is your dealer managing your order. How has you priority code changed, with my F-450, it changed every month, until my Sales Manager requested 2, after 3-months. How many Super Duty orders are ahead of yours at the dealer and how many allocations does your dealer have. This is a key metric, as one of our friends has discovered. He was ordering a F-450 KR, so I introduced him to our sales manager, but he elected to go with another dealer who gave him below MSRP. Unfortunately that dealer has few allocations, whereas our dealer already has 5 Platinums/KR's built and has 10 more serialised.

What information is your dealer providing you with respect to specific restraints, as per Ice Capade's post, this is available to the dealer. When waiting for my 2022 F-450, my Sales Manager advised when it was previewing and what the restraints were on any given week.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

No problem! I appreciate your comments and understand your frustration at the lack of progress in scheduling your retail order. The scheduling process is most complex for Super Duty orders and made more complex with the additional supply chain issues that were much less prior to the changes caused by the pandemic impact on many levels. Those issues have been overwhelming and although Ford has improved its customer communications, the process is still evolving much too slowly and should have been improved greatly by now. From my 35 years' experience, I put the blame on Ford's internal bureaucracy and excessive number of management levels. 

3 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

If it was only a Ford problem you might be right to blame them for poor planning.  But it’s not just Ford and it’s not just the automotive industry.  

When you build almost a million F series trucks per year which equates to around 3.5M door handles and your door handle supplier can’t keep up you can’t just run across the street and buy more.  Parts management and inventory on this scale is extremely complicated.  Yet Ford still managed to be #1 in sales several months recently.  So they’re doing something right.

If I'm not mistaken, most Super Duty trucks are sold to fleets or companies as work trucks and this year Ford prioritized fulfilling those orders over retail orders. From Ford's perspective, I think this makes sense. But from the retail consumer's perspective, I understand the frustration.

6 minutes ago, CharlieKelley said:

If I'm not mistaken, most Super Duty trucks are sold to fleets or companies as work trucks and this year Ford prioritized fulfilling those orders over retail orders. From Ford's perspective, I think this makes sense. But from the retail consumer's perspective, I understand the frustration.

Am I also mistaken when I read that Chevrolet + GMC makes more HD/SD trucks than Ford?  

6 minutes ago, Smurf830 said:

Am I also mistaken when I read that Chevrolet + GMC makes more HD/SD trucks than Ford?  

I think you are right. GM is certainly doing something right to sell the most HD trucks.

But I think we on this forum think that Ford is doing something better (although, maybe not ability to pump out trucks quickly). I don't think anyone is saying that Ford is doing a great job at fulfilling Super Duty sales orders. I think the point being made is that calling for the CEO to be canned is not appropriate just because we have to wait for our trucks. Ford makes lots of vehicles, and there are lots of aspects to selling those vehicles other than quickly fulfilling orders (quality, design, etc.). Demanding the CEO to be fired is an overreaction to you waiting for your truck.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CharlieKelley said:

Yes, you are mistaken. The majority of F-Series trucks (F-150 & Super Duty) are customer retail orders and sales from Dealer stock inventory. Retail customer orders have the highest priority for scheduling and production. The process for scheduling Fleet orders is different from the retail order process and is not part of the Dealer's allocation. Over the past couple of years, due to the pandemic, increased commodity, supply chain issues and other factors, Fleet production was actually reduced in order to maximize scheduling and production of customer retail orders.