2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

3 hours ago, Firedog99t said:

How could star white paint be a shortage?

It can be caused by a multitude of reasons. The product will have detailed specifications, which are most likely only supplied by a single vendor; they can't visit the local paint manufacturer for replacement product. In addition to natural disasters, you also have supply chain and transportation issues, with numerous ships sitting anchored awaiting berths and more locally, rail and truck delays due to manpower shortages.

At any time, products can be delayed in arrival, as they are sitting on a ship, train or truck somewhere in the World.

Commodity restraints are ongoing and they change every week.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

I just got the “we are still very sorry” email on my platinum. I thought that if they weren’t scheduled by now then there was no chance of getting scheduled and you had to go to a 24??? Are the still scheduling 2023s currently?

I just received mine as well.  

Since it didn’t specify my wife asked me is it for the 2022 we didn’t receive, the 2023 we didn’t receive or the 2024 that’s on order.

My reply to her was simply, yes.

eta: I found Farley’s cell through a mutual business acquaintance.  I’m thinking about shooting him a text message asking for clarification on their emails?

Edited by Big_Daddy
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

Since it didn’t specify my wife asked me is it for the 2022 we didn’t receive, the 2023 we didn’t receive or the 2024 that’s on order.

eta: I found Farley’s cell through a mutual business acquaintance.  I’m thinking about shooting him a text message asking for clarification on their emails?

Hahahahaha I'm with you on that. Year 3 of waiting 

12 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

Interesting, because I haven't received an email at all, well except the previous ones for a while. I did not receive a '23 and have a '24 on order. 

2 hours ago, Firedog99t said:

2024 are getting sechuled, my son sent me  copy of a Platium F350 Dully his friends dad ordered Aug 2023, and its going in production Oct 09. Mine has been in system from nov 2021... This sucks.

Yep. I was thinking this would happen but my dealer was confident mine would get scheduled. I get to give him a call tomorrow and let him know it looks like I've been left behind -- and ask how come HE didn't know I was left behind. I was at least hoping for some sort of closure from Ford, "Rest assured, our team is no longer working diligently and aggressively to get you behind the wheel."

5 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

Yep. I was thinking this would happen but my dealer was confident mine would get scheduled. I get to give him a call tomorrow and let him know it looks like I've been left behind -- and ask how come HE didn't know I was left behind. I was at least hoping for some sort of closure from Ford, "Rest assured, our team is no longer working diligently and aggressively to get you behind the wheel."

8 hours ago, Firedog99t said:

2024 are getting sechuled, my son sent me  copy of a Platium F350 Dully his friends dad ordered Aug 2023, and its going in production Oct 09. Mine has been in system from nov 2021... This sucks.

Agreed. Mine to has been sitting in the cloud of wishful thinking since 2021 as well. Mines just a normal 250 platinum with the normal power stroke. Nothing really added other than supplemental heater and block heater. I personally saw my dealers system when I stopped in in June and I had their number one spot as far as priority code everything. Yet here we are no truck two years later. 

My dealer called today to say that they have NOT been told that our orders are build out, it's still active as far as he can see. My priority number is lower than they can set it (which tracks with what I've read from ice capades here about how priority codes work). I allegedly have no constraints against my build, so he sees no reason they shouldn't schedule next week-ish. If I don't get a mail next week he'll get my 24 order put in and prioritized. I don't think there's anything more I can really hope for, just keep waiting. My poor F150 is gonna have to keep putting up with me for awhile longer.

On 9/7/2023 at 11:46 PM, Mylriahd said:

WhatI've come to find out is all dealers are not equal. Some keep checking and go the extra mile. Others just put the order in and that's it. Seems like mine is the second

Edited by Melmore

On 9/8/2023 at 4:08 PM, Melmore said:

What I've come to find out is all dealers are not equal. Some keep checking and go the extra mile. Others just put the order in and that's it. Seems like mine is the first kind

Dealers are responsible for managing their USOB's (Unscheduled Order Bank) but unfortunately, the majority submit retail orders accepting the default "19" priority code and never monitor those retail orders regarding priority code assignment, applicable commodity and plant constraints, etc. There are numerous resources available to assist Dealers, but few use them and in many cases aren't even aware of the tools available. Worse yet are the many Dealers that tell customers what they think they want to hear when asked about their order status or, worse yet, just make up excuses. None of this makes for a successful long term customer relationship but most dealerships think only short term and getting the immediate sale. 

I spent 35 years managing the new vehicle inventory at my dealership including ordering every Stock, Demo, Retail, A/X/Z/D Plan and Fleet order. I often met with customers to answer any questions and offer suggestions regarding their vehicle specifications. Most importantly, I gave them straight answers based on my experience and expertise and let those customers know that they could contact me at any time should they have further questions. In addition, every morning, I prepared a retail order status report that was provided to every manager and sales representative so that they all had the latest retail and fleet order status information available. I spent a lot of time, hours each day, monitoring and managing our USOB but it was worth it long term with customer relations, dealership credibility and repeat business. 

There was a time years ago when the New York Regional Office was holding an informational and training meeting at the regional office for dealership personnel responsible for ordering vehicles, etc. It's always important to the Ford Zone Managers to maximize attendance from the dealerships they represent to attend regional meetings. The meeting was scheduled for late morning in New Jersey meaning that I'd lose an entire day for Ford's "Dog & Pony" show. After repeated pleas from our Ford Zone Manager, our Dealer Principal told the Ford representative that I would not be attending the meeting but if I could, that I could probably teach Ford a few things about inventory management and getting retail order scheduling expedited based on my years of experience and expertise.   

Edited by ice-capades
Typo
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, campingnut said:

Does anybody know if during the strike trucks that are built will be shipped? I have a 2023 built and waiting to be shipped? Thanks.

Only Ranger and Bronco are affected and as far as I know once they’re built they’re tuned over to the transportation company so I don’t think those would be affected.  But not 100% sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been hiding in the shadows since early 2022. For those still waiting, don’t give up hope. Ordered placed on 1/8/22 for an F350 KR to replace my 2013 F250 KR. Originally wasn’t going to order a 2023 and bought a 2018 F350 KR last October. Ultimately decided to order a 2023. It was shipped last week. I’m looking forward to seeing it! 

IMG_1152.jpeg

Edited by Mrbeef

Seeking for some help here. So my super-duty was originally scheduled for 9/25, later I am moved to 9/18. Just the week before Ford moved my truck back to 9/25. On 9/19 I went into production and have no window sticker yet. I had to go to a website and put in my VIN so I could get my window sticker. 9/22 rolls around and then my tracker goes back to "scheduled for week of 9/25" and a couple hours later it moved to 10/02 for production. And the window sticker doesn't exist anymore. Then yesterday 9/23 the window sticker is back up. Nothing on the tracking website only on the website I got the window sticker from. So I have no idea whats going on wondering if the same thing has happened to someone that can tell me details.

Here is a timeline:

-Scheduled for week of 9/25

-Ford moved the week up to 9/18

-Moved me back to 9/25

-Went into production 9/19

-Went back to scheduled week of 9/25 on 9/22

-Moved my scheduled week to 10/02, 2 hours later. Window sticker is now non-existent

-Window sticker appears again 9/23

The truck is a 2023 F-350 Platinum, supposed to be shipped to Colorado.

19 minutes ago, fordsixsev said:

Seeking for some help here. So my super-duty was originally scheduled for 9/25, later I am moved to 9/18. Just the week before Ford moved my truck back to 9/25. On 9/19 I went into production and have no window sticker yet. I had to go to a website and put in my VIN so I could get my window sticker. 9/22 rolls around and then my tracker goes back to "scheduled for week of 9/25" and a couple hours later it moved to 10/02 for production. And the window sticker doesn't exist anymore. Then yesterday 9/23 the window sticker is back up. Nothing on the tracking website only on the website I got the window sticker from. So I have no idea whats going on wondering if the same thing has happened to someone that can tell me details.

Here is a timeline:

-Scheduled for week of 9/25

-Ford moved the week up to 9/18

-Moved me back to 9/25

-Went into production 9/19

-Went back to scheduled week of 9/25 on 9/22

-Moved my scheduled week to 10/02, 2 hours later. Window sticker is now non-existent

-Window sticker appears again 9/23

The truck is a 2023 F-350 Platinum, supposed to be shipped to Colorado.

Did your modules populate?

10 minutes ago, fordsixsev said:

Not sure what you mean?

When an order goes into production the order moves from order processing to the factory. This is usually 7-9 days before the truck is actually built.

Once the truck is heading down the line and the electronic components are added, they are attached to your VIN. This is an indication that your truck is physically being built. Here is the website.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=%2FAsBuilt

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

Once you have a VIN assigned I am pretty sure that means your truck is getting built.   

VIN numbers are assigned at the time the vehicle is scheduled and do not reflect production status. Window Stickers are created just before the vehicle actually goes into production and reflect the prices in effect at the time of production. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

VIN numbers are assigned at the time the vehicle is scheduled and do not reflect production status. Window Stickers are created just before the vehicle actually goes into production and reflect the prices in effect at the time of production. 

I didn't mean to imply it was actually in production.  Just that Ford kinda sorta promises to build it.   "... means your truck is going to be built".  Of course there are now guarantees but would that be reasonably correct?