Ram "Rampage"

ANTAUS

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Stellantis teased the following video indicating a new product announcement is coming this Wednesday. Could this be Ram Rampage for the U.S. market? Or maybe a BEV midsize pickup truck? 

Of course Ram gotta use the Ranger Reveal Day to make their announcement. ? But yes, the Ram Rampage would be a good guess for what's coming. Competition is good so the Rampage would be a welcome addition to the small trucks market.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

ram-rampage-r-t-2024.jpg

why did they have to angle it like that? Would have looked 10x better if it was just flat across. Besides that, it’s a pretty solid offering. I have to imagine this would cost quite a bit more than the maverick

Additional bed depth I guess?

• Like 1

I think it looks good and will be a very good competitor for the Maverick, which should only make the Maverick better.  Like the Maverick, it looks like a normal small truck, which I think is a selling point compared to the Hyundai.  

18 hours ago, tbone said:

I think it looks good and will be a very good competitor for the Maverick, which should only make the Maverick better.  Like the Maverick, it looks like a normal small truck, which I think is a selling point compared to the Hyundai.  

Looks to be a smaller bed than the Maverick too. 

Screenshot_20230621_085428_Chrome.jpg

Edited by LSchicago

Competition makes good vehicles, better.... Maverick didn't really have anything to compete with (I wouldn't consider Santa Cruz direct competitor), so seeing the pictures above, I will guestimate next generation of Maverick will probably be more refined with improved materials and such.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

Competition makes good vehicles, better.... Maverick didn't really have anything to compete with (I wouldn't consider Santa Cruz direct competitor), so seeing the pictures above, I will guestimate next generation of Maverick will probably be more refined with improved materials and such.

It will be interesting to see how the Ram interior materials turn out to be.  If the interior materials are nicer than Maverick’s it will make it more challenging to compete on price.  Most of the reviews I have seen regarding the interior of Maverick have been favorable, while still acknowledging some hard plastics and such. 

17 hours ago, tbone said:

It will be interesting to see how the Ram interior materials turn out to be.  If the interior materials are nicer than Maverick’s it will make it more challenging to compete on price.  Most of the reviews I have seen regarding the interior of Maverick have been favorable, while still acknowledging some hard plastics and such. 

IMO I think interior materials (at least in North America) doesn't really make that much difference with buyers-it gives reviewers something to bitch about when comparing products. I remember infamous early Focus days with certain people swearing that the EU Focus had such a better interior then the US one, when in realaitiy the materials where nearly identical to one another. 

Given how people use their cars-I know my sisters Explorer interior is so cluttered with junk that material choice doesn't really matter. I also wonder about the long term durability of say the interior of the Palisades or Telluride (It also just popped into my head that I don't see many of them around here vs a few years back....or they just blend in better now)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

For a 20k vehicle, I am perfectly ok with cheap materials. I also appreciate the fact that ford threw in some different colors/designs to dress up the cheaper materials. 

There are no $20K compact trucks. Expect prices for any 2024 compact trucks to Start at $25K and up. My 23 Maverick XL order is over $25K with just a couple options. The 24's will be going up in price again.