2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I ordered my 2024 F250 on August 22nd.  I got the email confirmation yesterday showing a build date of October 2nd.  I was really not expecting to get it until after the first of the year.  The VIN shows its being made at the Kentucky plant.  Since there are a gazillion 2023 SD orders still pending out there, it makes me wonder if the Ohio plant might still be cracking out the 2023 models for awhile. 

4 hours ago, Rovers759 said:

I ordered my 2024 F250 on August 22nd.  I got the email confirmation yesterday showing a build date of October 2nd.  I was really not expecting to get it until after the first of the year.  The VIN shows its being made at the Kentucky plant.  Since there are a gazillion 2023 SD orders still pending out there, it makes me wonder if the Ohio plant might still be cracking out the 2023 models for awhile. 

The Ohio plant builds chassis cab Super Duties.

On 9/8/2023 at 7:21 PM, Rovers759 said:

Once they finished their scheduled 23's by Oct30 then any left over '23 will not be built. Mine is in that pool.

8 hours ago, TAGDIESEL said:

What dealerships are yall ordering at to get such a fast build date and turn around ? August 22nd to October 2 lol. I'm envious 

A major factor in successful retail order scheduling is attentive USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) management and communication at the dealership level. Retail order customers, in particular Super Duty orders, should be dealing directly with management regarding their retail order status. Most sales representatives don't have the experience with the retail order processes or have access to the resources available to provide accurate information. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

On 9/9/2023 at 10:59 PM, ImmortalJman said:

Once they finished their scheduled 23's by Oct30 then any left over '23 will not be built. Mine is in that pool.

Are they going to build ‘23s and ‘24s side-by-side? I thought I read some people have build days for the 2024 in the beginning of October.

On 9/8/2023 at 4:17 PM, ice-capades said:

Thanks for the update although I still have my doubts. My first thought is to suggest that you deal directly with the GM and not rely on a sales representative to relay information regarding your order status. Few sales representatives have the experience or knowledge about the retail order scheduling process or have access to the related resources available. Changing a retail order priority code to "19" isn't going to "flag" anything in the system. As such, I think they're using smoke and mirrors as an excuse to tell you what they think you want to hear and give you and excuse you'll buy. 

I also have doubts on that as well. My dealer put mine (2024 F450, CC Lariat, Ultimate package, DRW, 6.7HO, Chrome Package) as a Priority Code 03, since my 2023 F350 was a Priority Code 10 from day one and didn't get built until August, they put the 24 at an 03, and it was scheduled for the week of 10/2. I think Ford knows how to use the new PC system, and it picks up the code 03. I just think they might not be 100% truthful. 

10 minutes ago, blackduty said:

I also have doubts on that as well. My dealer put mine (2024 F450, CC Lariat, Ultimate package, DRW, 6.7HO, Chrome Package) as a Priority Code 03, since my 2023 F350 was a Priority Code 10 from day one and didn't get built until August, they put the 24 at an 03, and it was scheduled for the week of 10/2. I think Ford knows how to use the new PC system, and it picks up the code 03. I just think they might not be 100% truthful. 

Clearly Ford knows how to use the PC system, but I'll suggest it is the majority of dealers that don't know how to use the PC system, to effectively manage orders. You mentioned your 23 F-350 was PC 10 from day 1. Did your dealer place all orders at PC10, which is an ineffective USOB management, as it leaves the decision with Ford, which orders to build. I also question why, after 3-4 months, your dealer didn't contact Ford and request PC2. If you ordered early, why did the dealer still have you at PC10.

Both my recent retail orders were bumped to PC2 after 3-months. For my 22 F-450, the PC started at 19, dropping each month. Then after 3-months my Sales Manager contacted his Zone Manager to assign PC2. I ordered 31st Aug and stopped into the dealer in early December to ask about getting PC2. Sales Manager laughed and mentioned I am already ahead of you. PC2 assigned a couple of days before. That is how effective dealers manage the USOB, which helped greatly in getting 2 highly constrained orders built in a reasonable timeframe - 22 F-450 KRU and 23 Escape PHEV premium.

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

Clearly Ford knows how to use the PC system, but I'll suggest it is the majority of dealers that don't know how to use the PC system, to effectively manage orders.

I think most dealers are simply too lazy and don’t even try.  They should have been managing orders this way all the time - they’ve been able to get away with not doing it until the last couple of years because order volumes were lower and order to production was normally 4-8 weeks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Clearly Ford knows how to use the PC system, but I'll suggest it is the majority of dealers that don't know how to use the PC system, to effectively manage orders. You mentioned your 23 F-350 was PC 10 from day 1. Did your dealer place all orders at PC10, which is an ineffective USOB management, as it leaves the decision with Ford, which orders to build. I also question why, after 3-4 months, your dealer didn't contact Ford and request PC2. If you ordered early, why did the dealer still have you at PC10.

Both my recent retail orders were bumped to PC2 after 3-months. For my 22 F-450, the PC started at 19, dropping each month. Then after 3-months my Sales Manager contacted his Zone Manager to assign PC2. I ordered 31st Aug and stopped into the dealer in early December to ask about getting PC2. Sales Manager laughed and mentioned I am already ahead of you. PC2 assigned a couple of days before. That is how effective dealers manage the USOB, which helped greatly in getting 2 highly constrained orders built in a reasonable timeframe - 22 F-450 KRU and 23 Escape PHEV premium.

They put me at a 10 on first day because i had ordered a 21 thru them, and it was sitting at a racetrack and they couldn't deliver it on time, and had no clue when i would be getting it. So i bought a 21 elsewhere. So they said they would put my 23 on a 10 from day 1. All of their other retail orders were at 19 or higher number. They were stumped as to why my Lariat never got picked up. 

Sales manager contacted their regional rep a couple of times thru it. Rep put it at a 02 in March and in July i got a VIN and build date for August. But i had told them in June i wasn't going to take it. I ordered a 24 on day 1 and they put it at a 03, and also had told the Rep what was happening, and she was going to step in and make sure this one got built in a timely manner. 

I know of a guy who ordered a 22, and has dealt with the same stuff from a different dealer. Ordered a 22 limited, then that was bumped to a 23, and now i think it's going to be a 24. 

I just don't think there's any rhyme or reason sometimes. 

Hello Everyone, New to this site.

Ordered a 24 on 7/19 (F250 Lariat Ultimate)

Received confirmation of order on 7/20/23

Received 45 day update email on 9/3/23

Received Schedule to be Built on  9/7/23 for week of 10/2/23       This email also assigned a VIN and a link to track the build.

Question - the link states that the Order Number or VIN is invalid.  Dealer stated that the link wont work until the truck is actually in production.

Does anyone have any insight on this process???

3 hours ago, Bigdogg said:

Received Schedule to be Built on  9/7/23 for week of 10/2/23       This email also assigned a VIN and a link to track the build.

Question - the link states that the Order Number or VIN is invalid.  Dealer stated that the link wont work until the truck is actually in production.

On all my previous retail orders, the tracking website is available once the VIN is created. There was a period when the US site wasn't working, but the Canadian site did work. May want to try the Canadian site.

Unless things have changed since April, your dealer if incorrect.

• Like 1

Ordered a 2024 F250 Lariat Ultimate Black Package, 7.3 gas 8' bed Crew cab on 7-19. Ford email received 7-19. Priority code 19. Email from Ford 9-3 citing supply chain issues blah blah blah. From Porter Ford in Delaware.

Still waiting for that next email that others seem to have already gotten with build schedule

Edited by TheSidsStream

On 9/8/2023 at 7:48 AM, akirby said:

You mean a topic for 2024 orders delivered?  You can do that yourself.

8 hours ago, Bigdogg said:

I get the same thing when checking. Invalid VIN. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little sussy of the October date since it took 6 months to get this same email for the 2022. Could it mean demand is dropping for these trucks? Or possibly the supply chain coming together for the 2024 model? Time will tell! 

58 minutes ago, jarrsong said:

I get the same thing when checking. Invalid VIN. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little sussy of the October date since it took 6 months to get this same email for the 2022. Could it mean demand is dropping for these trucks? Or possibly the supply chain coming together for the 2024 model? Time will tell! 

Well, i think there's alot of things that have happened, to make this work out like it has. 

1. 2023 order banks have been closed for a long time. 

2. Some dealers probably haven't rolled unscheduled 23's over to 24's yet.

3. Possibility of some supply chains catching up.

4. 2023 was a whole new animal, with roughly 150,000 ordered in no time. I don't think there was near as many 24's ordered as quickly.

• Like 1

Quick Ref. Ordered 11/19 2021 F450 KR. Rolled over to 2023. In talking to  sales guy fleet dude. The question was asked  what if the 2023 roll overs do not get built what needs to be done. Ford could not give an answer back in July. If I order a 2024 then I will loose Price protection  from 2022 to 2023 now we have 2024s comming shortly this is nuts. Ford needs to have a better plan. And the strike on the line  throws in a twist. Ford and UAW need to rebuild trust in all factors. 

• Sad 1

Well  the 2022 was not built too. So lets think about this...You go to the dealership order a new truck thinking 90 to 180 days for build out. Under standing  the issues at the time. Now closing in on two years later have no more info than in 2021. Wow,,, Ford  you can not keep us better informed. Yes we get the sucko letter  around 45 days. Not the hourly guys , but the leader ship need to step it up. And all want to know why the over sees guys eat our lunch good example. Vent. 

On 9/12/2023 at 7:42 PM, Firedog99t said:

Well  the 2022 was not built too. So lets think about this...You go to the dealership order a new truck thinking 90 to 180 days for build out. Under standing  the issues at the time. Now closing in on two years later have no more info than in 2021. Wow,,, Ford  you can not keep us better informed. Yes we get the sucko letter  around 45 days. Not the hourly guys , but the leader ship need to step it up. And all want to know why the over sees guys eat our lunch good example. Vent. 

Global pandemic. Regardless on what your opinions are on shutdowns and the real severity of the pandemic, it wrecked production and supply chains world wide. Really the "leaner" and more "just in time" your production system was, the more the pain you are feeling today. Toyota for example, which had the production system other tried to duplicate is in serious trouble right now.