2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

25 minutes ago, jarrsong said:

Wow. I will be on the hunt for a truck camper now. I used to go massive 11.5' Arctic Fox. Going to go smaller/lighter this time. 5500#+ is too friggen much to haul around everywhere. 

Yeah, that's a heavy camper! My toy hauler is 15k lbs empty, 20k lbs max. Truck should pull with ease!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

Can’t see the pic.. which trim was it again?

id love to see a pic if you’d re upload one.

My 2022 and 2024 are both Lariat Ultimate trims. With the 2024 I checked MANY more boxes on the order sheet and a few options are now also standard in that package that weren't in 2022. This means the 2024 price is also way above the 2022. On the 2022, I didn't get the 360 camera package, supplemental heater and upfitter switches. Huge mistakes. On the 2022 I did get Adaptive cruise (should be mandatory) and on the 2024 this with camera package is standard on Lariat Ultimate package. Would rather NOT have the power running boards on the 2024 as I know it's something I'll get to fix someday. So over all, the 2024 was $9K more than the 2022, but I also added the Bed scales and Pro power in addition to the standard package changes above. Also the 2024 has the HO PowerStroke. Funny thing is, the BIGGEST thing I wanted on the 2024 was the side bed steps. MAGICAL. Had them on a Chevy 3500 I owned during the summer of 2022 when I didn't think the 2022 was going to be built at all. 
For those of you that haven't experienced or are on the fence about the adaptive cruise/collision avoidance systems on ANY new car purchase, take the leap. It will in fact save you from disaster many times over and once you understand how it functions will make your travels SOOOO much more enjoyable.  
Also, I get that people want what they want and there is nothing wrong with that. I myself however would NEVER miss out of production of a vehicle for years because of a trim level. The lariat Ultimate package with a couple more checkboxes puts you 98% in the seat of luxury (yes I ordered max recline). lolol  Shiny power tailgate? Seat massage?  Don't need it and thankfully I DISLIKE sunroofs anyway because at some point your going to get it fixed, especially in my climate. :-) Leave off ALL accessories that can be installed locally, all of them, not even a bedliner and your truck WILL get built. SO hopefully those getting ready to put in the order now will listen to the advice as it will save you massive headaches. 

Edited by jarrsong
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jarrsong said:

For those of you that haven't experienced or are on the fence about the adaptive cruise/collision avoidance systems on ANY new car purchase, take the leap. It will in fact save you from disaster many times over and once you understand how it functions will make your travels SOOOO much more enjoyable.  
Also, I get that people want what they want and there is nothing wrong with that. I myself however would NEVER miss out of production of a vehicle for years because of a trim level. The lariat Ultimate package with a couple more checkboxes puts you 98% in the seat of luxury (yes I ordered max recline). lolol  Shiny power tailgate? Seat massage?  Don't need it and thankfully I DISLIKE sunroofs anyway because at some point your going to get it fixed, especially in my climate. ? Leave off ALL accessories that can be installed locally, all of them, not even a bedliner and your truck WILL get built. SO hopefully those getting ready to put in the order now will listen to the advice as it will save you massive headaches. 

Not only adaptive cruise, but lane keep assist. I don't use lane keep while towing (my F150 has that & bluecruise), but for long drives like to pick up my son from college it takes a lot of the fatigue out of the trip. And adaptive cruise is GREAT while towing; I set it to 65, get behind a truck that looks like it knows what it's doing, and relax. If a trucker is slowing down, it's for a reason and I'm happy to be slowing down with them. 

To be fair, I didn't know I'd be waiting a whole year for my Platinum. I don't know that I'd do it again, but now that I'm a few weeks away from being built I am glad I held on. And the seat massage was a requirement for me getting a new truck from my wife, so I was sweating when they removed those in the Plats at the end of 23. As for the power steps -- you can configure them to always stay out if you aren't a fan of the power function. (At least, I can in my F150 and assume it's the same for super duty). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

Not only adaptive cruise, but lane keep assist. I don't use lane keep while towing (my F150 has that & bluecruise), but for long drives like to pick up my son from college it takes a lot of the fatigue out of the trip. And adaptive cruise is GREAT while towing; I set it to 65, get behind a truck that looks like it knows what it's doing, and relax. If a trucker is slowing down, it's for a reason and I'm happy to be slowing down with them. 

To be fair, I didn't know I'd be waiting a whole year for my Platinum. I don't know that I'd do it again, but now that I'm a few weeks away from being built I am glad I held on. And the seat massage was a requirement for me getting a new truck from my wife, so I was sweating when they removed those in the Plats at the end of 23. As for the power steps -- you can configure them to always stay out if you aren't a fan of the power function. (At least, I can in my F150 and assume it's the same for super duty). 

I know a few people who would still be alive if their car or some else’s had those safety features.  Especially for our kids, I make sure every car my kids get have those options, even if extra trim based features also have to come along with it and raise the price. 

2 hours ago, ClaudeSS said:

I know a few people who would still be alive if their car or some else’s had those safety features.  Especially for our kids, I make sure every car my kids get have those options, even if extra trim based features also have to come along with it and raise the price. 

The people who hate those features are the same people who say they don’t need a Sawstop table saw because they’re careful.  No matter how careful you are, stuff happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, livinlogs said:

Did anyone get an email today ? I thought there were supposed to be three weeks of January scheduled today . Opening day order of plat, HO, Tremor . So I’m hoping I even get it , didn’t get the 23 ordered . 

I have only received two emails since my opening day order, the first gave me a build week the beginning of October then on 10/10 one saying that my build week changed to 10/23 nothing since. According to the tracker my truck went into production 11/9, received a production date 11/19 and BCE data populated on 11/20. Still shows in production. 450 lariat ultimate, HO, fx4 carpet delete, console vault, onboard scales, spray in liner.  

5 hours ago, Fl utilities said:

I have only received two emails since my opening day order, the first gave me a build week the beginning of October then on 10/10 one saying that my build week changed to 10/23 nothing since. According to the tracker my truck went into production 11/9, received a production date 11/19 and BCE data populated on 11/20. Still shows in production. 450 lariat ultimate, HO, fx4 carpet delete, console vault, onboard scales, spray in liner.  

Pull your window sticker up and in the special order box will be the production date. Interested in if there is a date in there. Could it be it didn’t pass some functional test? I spent a couple decades in airplane manufacturing and all manufacturing information/documentation follows the airplane at delivery. I wish auto manufacturing was the same. If they had to do a body work repair/brake system repair because of something happening in the factory you’d never know. So we speculate what the issue could be. We had situations all the time where there was an update to a product or process during the build process and things would have to be revisited and we’d have to chase the plane down the line.

Edited by jarrsong

9 hours ago, livinlogs said:

Did anyone get an email today ? I thought there were supposed to be three weeks of January scheduled today . Opening day order of plat, HO, Tremor . So I’m hoping I even get it , didn’t get the 23 ordered . 

Good luck?

there are over 29 thousand unscheduled super duty orders.  

1 hour ago, ajcjr68 said:

I'm not getting much info from my dealer. I placed my order on September 23rd, received an email from Ford that same day and nothing since. I used the chat on Fords website. Does anyone know what this means?

Screenshot_20231124_074621_Chrome.jpg

What are your trim and options. Means that either your dealee doesn’t have an allocation. Or some of the parts are not available. 

1 hour ago, ajcjr68 said:

I'm not getting much info from my dealer. I placed my order on September 23rd, received an email from Ford that same day and nothing since. I used the chat on Fords website. Does anyone know what this means?

Screenshot_20231124_074621_Chrome.jpg

I just talked to my dealer today, I got the same reply from him... unscheduled clean. I asked him my chances of my truck getting built, he said it will get built and they assigned me the lowest (best) priority number. Sounded like good news to me! Other that that news today, I haven't received any new notifications. My order was placed last week of July 2023 and I am one of the first orders on their list. My options are Lariat w/ultimate pkg, 6.7 HO, Baja interior, 5th wh prep with hitch,  spray in bed liner, drop down running boards, pro pack and Rapid Red paint for the bigger options.

Edited by ValorTug

3 hours ago, ClaudeSS said:

What are your trim and options. Means that either your dealee doesn’t have an allocation. Or some of the parts are not available. 

Nothing special, XLT 5th wheel prep., 6.7 non HO. This is what my dealer said today when I asked if my order was one of his 3 allocations for Nov. - 
"I won't know until Ford previews which orders are getting looked at for production, they all sit at the same priority so it just depends on the builds and what Ford is scheduling for that production week. A Lot of our other builds that are unscheduled are Platinums which Ford hasn't really done any scheduling on, and overall your build doesn't have anything on it that should hold up scheduling it's just a matter of waiting for Ford to start scheduling some orders"

6 hours ago, ajcjr68 said:

Nothing special, XLT 5th wheel prep., 6.7 non HO. This is what my dealer said today when I asked if my order was one of his 3 allocations for Nov. - 
"I won't know until Ford previews which orders are getting looked at for production, they all sit at the same priority so it just depends on the builds and what Ford is scheduling for that production week. A Lot of our other builds that are unscheduled are Platinums which Ford hasn't really done any scheduling on, and overall your build doesn't have anything on it that should hold up scheduling it's just a matter of waiting for Ford to start scheduling some orders"

I’ve seen some XLT’s scheduled the week after being submitted.  They scheduled yesterday (Thursday 11/30).  Your dealer does need to have a Super Duty allocation for you to be scheduled.   

3 hours ago, ClaudeSS said:

I’ve seen some XLT’s scheduled the week after being submitted.  They scheduled yesterday (Thursday 11/30).  Your dealer does need to have a Super Duty allocation for you to be scheduled.   

He said they had 3 allocations for Super Dutys for Nov. And my order was submitted 2 months ago.

Edited by ajcjr68

I spoke with Ford customer service this morning and they confirmed my suspicions. My truck has been released to bodyworks waiting on spray in liner and has an eta of 12/17 to dealer. Pretty close to the same timeline as for my 22, I think my 22 went into production 11/13 and arrived at dealer 12/10. 

On 11/30/2023 at 6:59 PM, ClaudeSS said:

Doesn't  "Clean" mean there are no part constraints? This is probably just an allocation issue I'm guessing.

29 minutes ago, poopy_pants said:

Doesn't  "Clean" mean there are no part constraints? This is probably just an allocation issue I'm guessing.

No, “clean” means there aren’t any errors in the configuration.   Newer dealer ordering systems prevent an order that’s not correct for being entered.  But older more manual system still allows combinations that aren’t not permitted on the order guide.  Those orders can’t be built because they are not “clean”. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 5:16 PM, ValorTug said:

I just talked to my dealer today, I got the same reply from him... unscheduled clean. I asked him my chances of my truck getting built, he said it will get built and they assigned me the lowest (best) priority number. Sounded like good news to me! Other that that news today, I haven't received any new notifications. My order was placed last week of July 2023 and I am one of the first orders on their list. My options are Lariat w/ultimate pkg, 6.7 HO, Baja interior, 5th wh prep with hitch,  spray in bed liner, drop down running boards, pro pack and Rapid Red paint for the bigger options.

SO close to my build. My dealer in Arizona has MASSIVE allocations. They turn the trucks there. I’m guessing that is the issue with your build. Have you been watching the weekly Tuesday Long Mcarthur YouTube channel? You could determine in the Baja interior has come constraints. 

Edited by jarrsong

I'm sure your dealer has a lot more allocations than mine, I'm in so call nowhere near an area that sell many super duty trucks. According to my dealer, there is no hold ups on my order. He sounded pretty confident my order will be built. How are you liking your new truck?

I'm told my truck is at the dealership getting prepped.  They are installing the bed liner as they told me that could cause a delay if I ordered it from the factory.  It was ordered 8/12, had a build date of 11/16, and with the holiday it took about 12 days to ship to dealer which is only 12 miles from KTP, Kentucky Truck Plant.  

2024 F-250, Limited, CC, Short Bed, SRW, w/most other options

20 hours ago, GoinPlaces said:

I'm told my truck is at the dealership getting prepped.  They are installing the bed liner as they told me that could cause a delay if I ordered it from the factory.  It was ordered 8/12, had a build date of 11/16, and with the holiday it took about 12 days to ship to dealer which is only 12 miles from KTP, Kentucky Truck Plant.  

2024 F-250, Limited, CC, Short Bed, SRW, w/most other options

Awesome! Tell them to shoot you a pic!