2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Ordered 9/28, about two weeks before the strike. Confirmed 10/6. Scheduled week of 12/18. In production 1/2 (Modules populated so I assume it was complete from the production line). No there info available except it's on ramp Zq at Gfx. Yesterday was day one of the delivery windows. It's probably three weeks out. A little bit of everything made this truck a little late through the process.

On 1/9/2024 at 10:04 AM, Mylriahd said:

Hah, I know the feeling. My wife said "congratulations!' On the drive out to get my truck and I was like "whoa, not yet, don't jinx it. I'm not going to relax until we're driving off the lot with it."  Don't freak out, that tracker is likely to go blank at some point around the time it ships. It was about half a month from "Built" to "in my driveway", though shipping is a big variable. Good luck!

Well, a lot has happened in the last 7-10 days.  The dealer sent me a screenshot of the VINview tracking and it was on rail in Arkansas making it's way to the DFW area on Friday (a week ago).  It made the final truck leg to the dealer yesterday (Thursday).  It's going for the spray-in bed liner and tonneau cover today and hoping to get it in my driveway tomorrow.  Then I'll get the new wheels and tires first thing next week.  Pictures to follow after that.

But after my 2023 order from 2022 fell through and this order from July '23, I'm ready to put all of this ordering and tracking angst behind me.  But here's the timeline for those waiting for similar builds (my build in the sig below).  Mine also includes the 5th Wheel prep and Heavy Duty Front Suspension.

2024-01-19_8-51-52.jpg

Edited by ddb

On 1/15/2024 at 8:48 PM, Grimsby said:

Ordered a F450 Limited on 12/14/2023.

Looking for this group's expertise, any chance I'll see the truck before the summer?

Swapping a 40' diesel pusher for a 5th wheel and hoping to take the new rig out in June. ??

Thanks in advance!

Really depends on your dealer's allocation compared to number of orders they have.  And, of course, the constraints for any given week.  I ordered my F450 Limited on 9/20/23.  It remains clean unscheduled.  I did order my truck from a dealer with a lot of allocations.

However, in a FB group I belong to, someone who also ordered an F450 Limited on 9/18/23 just had his scheduled for production last week, and I verified it was not a re-order.

So, while it is just a guess, it is possible to have it by June, but not very probable.

Edited by bcurrie100

I wanted to order an F250 Super Duty Lariat Supercab base model with only a locker, but I found out Ford only offers a Lariat with a Crewcab now.

To get something similar to what I wanted, I ordered this XLT the other day, and since it's a buyers market now, after quite a bit of negotiating got the it down to the invoice price. After it arrives, I will get a black Katskin leather interior with perforated center panels installed into it.

The dealer told me it would take 2 to 4 months to get it built in Kentucky, and then it would be shipped 850 miles to the dealer here in VT. Another dealer told me it took 4 to 6 weeks, but I think it was a way to try to get the order. How long could the shipping take? 

Does the 2 to 4 months sound like it will be the case in 2024? 

1-5 copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-01-20 at 5.25.13 PM.png

Edited by Vintagewrench

2 hours ago, bcurrie100 said:

Which model and trim?  And was yours a first time order or carryover from MY23?  TIA

It's a F450  Lariat with Ultimate pkg and Baja interior. Its a first time order placed end of July 2023.

• Like 1

Morning folks, I just ordered a 2024 F350, SRW, 7.3, Lariat, CCSB.  My current truck is a 2019 F350 with the 6.7.  I finally realized that I don’t need to have mountain moving torque, so I’m going back to a gas engine for the first time in a while.  I appreciate the great info on this site.  

Edited by bomberodevil

So I finally picked it up yesterday afternoon after the long wait from 2022.  Got the Retrax and spray-in liner done.  Had the new wheels and tires put on this morning.  Benefit of the LWB.......all 4 of my OEM takeoffs are laying inside the bed with the cover closed!  Here's a quick shot as it has been pouring down rain this week.......

PXL_20240123_155837704.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ddb said:

So I finally picked it up yesterday afternoon after the long wait from 2022.  Got the Retrax and spray-in liner done.  Had the new wheels and tires put on this morning.  Benefit of the LWB.......all 4 of my OEM takeoffs are laying inside the bed with the cover closed!  Here's a quick shot as it has been pouring down rain this week.......

Beautiful! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ddb said:

PXL_20240123_155837704.jpg

What size tires are they?

3 hours ago, LT75 said:

What size tires are they?

Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 37-12.5-20.  The wheels have a +1 offset.  I wanted a more positive offset around +20 but this particular wheel only had +1 and -18.  I liked the style so much, I decided to go with it.

I have the heavy service front suspension and was hoping not to have any rub.  But there was a tiny bit of rub on the inside fender on the cab side.  The little plastic piece that sticks out towards the midline of the truck was getting rubbed when turning about halfway.  I've since trimmed that piece and it is still very close.  Not sure yet how it will be with truck flex in turns, etc.

Ford Scheduling Information for the week of 1/22/24 from Long McArthur Ford

According to this video @ 20:50 to 30:02 only Super Duty F250 to F600 3000 retail orders (dealercustomers) out of 20,629 will be placed for March production. The balance are allocated to dealer stock and other orders.  

Edited by Vintagewrench

On 1/20/2024 at 5:47 PM, Vintagewrench said:

I wanted to order an F250 Super Duty Lariat Supercab base model with only a locker, but I found out Ford only offers a Lariat with a Crewcab now.

To get something similar to what I wanted, I ordered this XLT the other day, and since it's a buyers market now, after quite a bit of negotiating got the it down to the invoice price. After it arrives, I will get a black Katskin leather interior with perforated center panels installed into it.

The dealer told me it would take 2 to 4 months to get it built in Kentucky, and then it would be shipped 850 miles to the dealer here in VT. Another dealer told me it took 4 to 6 weeks, but I think it was a way to try to get the order. How long could the shipping take? 

Does the 2 to 4 months sound like it will be the case in 2024? 

1-5 copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-01-20 at 5.25.13 PM.png

Are you sure Lariat SC is not available? Still shows up on build and price and I didn’t see it get deleted from order guide for 24. I only remember 150 losing SC Lariat a few years back.

I just did an inventory search nearby and plenty on order or on lots also with one dealer ordered SC Lariat just finishing production 1/25 according to window sticker that pops up.

Edited by Winnipesaukee1

14 hours ago, Winnipesaukee1 said:

Are you sure Lariat SC is not available? Still shows up on build and price and I didn’t see it get deleted from order guide for 24. I only remember 150 losing SC Lariat a few years back.

Yes, according to my dealer it is no longer available and it is not on the dealers build site. Ford sent a notice to all of its dealers recently stating that the Super Cab would not be available anymore on the Lariat, although Ford hasn't updated its Price & Build section of their website for retail buyers yet to reflect the change. I wonder if this might also apply to all of the other upscale models as well? 

This truck is going to be used as a shop truck for our vintage race, restoration, and machine shop and for towing cars to the races and other events. The shorter wheelbase is more maneuverable in the pits and or spots with a trailer than a crew cab could ever be.

Edited by Vintagewrench
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vintagewrench said:

Yes, according to my dealer it is no longer available and it is not on the dealers build site. Ford sent a notice to all of its dealers recently stating that the Super Cab would not be available anymore on the Lariat, although Ford hasn't updated its Price & Build section of their website for retail buyers yet to reflect the change. I wonder if this might also apply to all of the other upscale models as well? 

This truck is going to be used as a shop truck for our vintage race, restoration, and machine shop and for towing cars to the races and other events. The shorter wheelbase is more maneuverable in the pits and or spots with a trailer than a crew cab could ever be.

Well that’s not good if it’s not available any longer as I have zero interest in a crew cab or anything lower than a Lariat (Leather and Cooled seats are a must for me). The most upscale you could get in a SC was Lariat.

Never looked elsewhere but when my 22 is due for replacement in 25 or so it looks like I will be looking at GMC if they still offer the SLT Double Cab with the short bed.

2 hours ago, TP22 said:

i have a build week of 2/12/24 when will i  be able to see window sticker.

Sometime next week your tracker will switch to "In Production" (without a date); sometime that evening or the next day you should be able to pull up your sticker from here: windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=  <-- put your VIN after the = in the URL. 

Note that the "See my sticker" button on the tracker page hasn't worked for most of us, mine STILL says it's unavailable even though I took delivery a few weeks ago. That web site works great though. 

12 hours ago, ValorTug said:

My tracker says "in production" and it mentions checking window sticker lower in page, but nothing there.... yet. Scheduled build date of 2/5/24, looks like ahead of schedule.

Ford's vehicle status reporting systems will often show the vehicle status as "in production" while still in the "locked in" status just before actual production starts.