Glacier Gray

George C

I’m going to pass. For a 100K+ truck, it should be eye opening and exciting, and IMO, this shade of color might be the very last on earth I would pick. So far from the ford sample. I’ll wait to see if Job2 offers a different color because I don’t see this one surviving the quarter, or just wait till the 25’ MY. I’m guessing the 25’ will done with the Limited trim, and on to the Platinum Plus like the F-150 with the Smoked Truffle interior, with better color matches.. 

Seriously Ford, who is in charge of color mixes? How does this group have a job?

A blue interior, full on clashing with Rapid Red or Black or brown from 23’?

IMG_3656.jpeg

IMG_3657.jpeg

Edited by George C

1 hour ago, George C said:

I’m going to pass. For a 100K+ truck, it should be eye opening and exciting, and IMO, this shade of color might be the very last on earth I would pick. So far from the ford sample. I’ll wait to see if Job2 offers a different color because I don’t see this one surviving the quarter, or just wait till the 25’ MY. I’m guessing the 25’ will done with the Limited trim, and on to the Platinum Plus like the F-150 with the Smoked Truffle interior, with better color matches.. 

Seriously Ford, who is in charge of color mixes? How does this group have a job?

A blue interior, full on clashing with Rapid Red or Black or brown from 23’?

Did you go see it in person?  It is very far from the picker on the web site, and that is stupid. The other colors seem pretty well represented, but this is straight up wrong. The color I want is the color Ford's builder showed, but oh well. I will be taking mine, because unlike you I don't already have a Super Duty to go home to and color isn't going to stop me. I'm sure it'll grow on me; I sent my 19 year old the pic you shared and he said "ooh, I like that!" so... at least one person out there likes it from the pics. :)

Color is always subjective. If you like the color, then it’s beautiful.

I absolutely loved the darker Azure where no one else in my family could see it. If they could find a 23’ azure to trade for, I’d be all in. 

I saw it last night when it was dark, and it looked like I thought it would. My wife didn’t say a word which said it all. 

I’ll see it again tomorrow morning. I’m bringing my 2020 in for some recall work, and I’ll let my salesman know that I’m passing…unless something miraculous happens. 
Hoping for a Job2 change…

IMG_3303.jpeg

IMG_3656.jpeg

Edited by George C

When I was doing a Build and Price prior to ordering my 2021 Ranger, Cactus grey was on my short list. I Googled Cactus Grey and there were as many variations as there were photos. Sometimes it looked mint green, sometimes off white and sometimes dove grey with a slight hint of bread mold. Try this: find a photo of the color you are wondering about. Go to the Settings menu on your laptop or computer and select Displays> Color Profile. There should be a choice of several. Select each one and you'll notice subtle changes in the color with each, using the same photo. The best way to assess a color is to view a vehicle or an actual paint sample outdoors.

Yeah, I've been hoping for some different outdoor pictures to make me believe this color is even remotely close to the order tracking image below.  Quite disappointing to see how far off the color is.  My monitors are color calibrated for accuracy so I know the color palette on the build and price page is just not accurate to the real world paint mix they are using for Glacier Gray.

image.thumb.png.c57b18994ce5131b2a9b5b8f86715287.png

I ended up passing.

For every SD I’ve brought home, there was a WOW factor at first sight.

For this one, it was the exact opposite. My 2020 sat next to it, and I could hear it calling me back. LOL

‘chrome mirror caps when everything else is nickel. Wheels just don’t elevate the look. Blue interior was something I could have lived with, but the Glacier IMO was just a head spinner on a truck this size. 

None of it was working for me. 

I’ll try again and order a new 25 Limited, or if the trim is changed, a Platinum Plus this summer. 

IMG_1741.jpeg

Edited by George C

4 hours ago, George C said:

I ended up passing.

For every SD I’ve brought home, there was a WOW factor at first sight.

For this one, it was the exact opposite. My 2020 sat next to it, and I could hear it calling me back. LOL

‘chrome mirror caps when everything else is nickel. Wheels just don’t elevate the look. Blue interior was something I could have lived with, but the Glacier IMO was just a head spinner on a truck this size. 

None of it was working for me. 

I’ll try again and order a new 25 Limited, or if the trim is changed, a Platinum Plus this summer. 

Is there any hint of metallic in that?  It's Glacier Gray "Metallic" Tri-Coat but I have yet to see a picture that makes it look anything other than flat.

Edited by ddb

On 11/19/2023 at 12:34 PM, ddb said:

Yeah, I've been hoping for some different outdoor pictures to make me believe this color is even remotely close to the order tracking image below.  Quite disappointing to see how far off the color is.  My monitors are color calibrated for accuracy so I know the color palette on the build and price page is just not accurate to the real world paint mix they are using for Glacier Gray.

image.thumb.png.c57b18994ce5131b2a9b5b8f86715287.png

The build and price is computer generated colors, they really don't reproduce the real color well in most cases. 

Glacier Grey looks like Cactus Grey with a metallic on it to me in these photos that have been posted.  

I changed mine to Iconic Silver. I have an Atlas Blue now that I thought was a great color. For some reason, they dumped the Blue (not counting Antimatter). But I see many different colors of Glacier Gray in photos. I decided not to get a truck I couldn't look at with some love. Silver is not exciting, but I won't be unhappy I got that color.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

Are you ok? 
Is simple anger getting the best of you?

How does wondering how an ugly color from a Ford Fiesta end up on a 105K truck get confused with anger?

disappointed? Wasn’t meant to be in my yard. 

Much better things lay ahead in 25’. 

Edited by George C

On 11/21/2023 at 2:23 PM, silvrsvt said:

The build and price is computer generated colors, they really don't reproduce the real color well in most cases. 

Glacier Grey looks like Cactus Grey with a metallic on it to me in these photos that have been posted.  

Exactly right. @George C's  post looks like Cactus Grey. compared to the one @Mylriahd posted, which are both way different than your configurator shot.

It may help to have an accurate color filter to view a color, but it won't help if the photo is inaccurate in the first place. The best way to view a paint shade is to see it on an actual vehicle or a paint sample outdoors.

On 11/21/2023 at 10:24 PM, lcseds said:

I changed mine to Iconic Silver. I have an Atlas Blue now that I thought was a great color. For some reason, they dumped the Blue (not counting Antimatter). But I see many different colors of Glacier Gray in photos. I decided not to get a truck I couldn't look at with some love. Silver is not exciting, but I won't be unhappy I got that color.

All the years that I drove Mustangs as my company car they were usually white. The last one was Iconic Silver because it was the only Mustang in stock that had the options I wanted. In my opinion, the Iconic Silver is the most beautiful silver that's ever been available. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 7:38 PM, Chrisgb said:

Exactly right. @George C's  post looks like Cactus Grey. compared to the one @Mylriahd posted, which are both way different than your configurator shot.

It may help to have an accurate color filter to view a color, but it won't help if the photo is inaccurate in the first place. The best way to view a paint shade is to see it on an actual vehicle or a paint sample outdoors.

The issue was simple. The color was offered without as much as a sample. By the time it was scheduled, there still was no clue to what it would look like.
It was a gamble.. 
If the truth be told, the blue interior was something I could live with, but not something I would have chosen.  So, it was probably for the best to wait till 25’ and hope for the Smoked Truffle interior color. 

8 hours ago, George C said:

The issue was simple. The color was offered without as much as a sample. By the time it was scheduled, there still was no clue to what it would look like.
It was a gamble.. 
If the truth be told, the blue interior was something I could live with, but not something I would have chosen.  So, it was probably for the best to wait till 25’ and hope for the Smoked Truffle interior color. 

Even for Dealers, it's a risk ordering certain new paints for stock inventory without either first seeing the color in person on a vehicle or a high-quality photo that accurately portrays the color. I took a chance years ago and ordered a Thunderbird for stock in a new blue metallic with a blue cloth interior to color coordinate the exterior and interior. When the car arrived, I had the Dealer Principal, Sales Manager and a number of others immediately ask me if I had any more vehicles ordered in that blue metallic. The combination was absolutely ugly with the blue metallic having an iridescent quality that changed color as you walked around it or in different lighting conditions. The blue cloth interior only made it worse as the exterior/interior combination clashed so badly. If the interior was grey, it would have helped neutralize the blue paint a bit, but the blue metallic was still not attractive by any means.

So, what do you do with a situation like that? I had the car prepped and cleaned for showroom display. Sure enough, not two days later an off-duty nurse walked into the showroom, saw the Thunderbird, said it was the best-looking car she'd ever seen and bought the car on the spot! Even so, I was very conservative in the new paint colors ordered afterwards unless I actually saw it on a vehicle, sometimes on a car carrier headed to another dealership.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/27/2023 at 5:43 AM, ice-capades said:

Even for Dealers, it's a risk ordering certain new paints for stock inventory without either first seeing the color in person on a vehicle or a high-quality photo that accurately portrays the color. I took a chance years ago and ordered a Thunderbird for stock in a new blue metallic with a blue cloth interior to color coordinate the exterior and interior. When the car arrived, I had the Dealer Principal, Sales Manager and a number of others immediately ask me if I had any more vehicles ordered in that blue metallic. The combination was absolutely ugly with the blue metallic having an iridescent quality that changed color as you walked around it or in different lighting conditions. The blue cloth interior only made it worse as the exterior/interior combination clashed so badly. If the interior was grey, it would have helped neutralize the blue paint a bit, but the blue metallic was still not attractive by any means.

So, what do you do with a situation like that? I had the car prepped and cleaned for showroom display. Sure enough, not two days later an off-duty nurse walked into the showroom, saw the Thunderbird, said it was the best-looking car she'd ever seen and bought the car on the spot! Even so, I was very conservative in the new paint colors ordered afterwards unless I actually saw it on a vehicle, sometimes on a car carrier headed to another dealership.  

I think I remember that color-it was back in the 1990s right?

I was told at the dealership i got my SHO that loud colors where popular for the Mustangs they sold there. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I think I remember that color-it was back in the 1990s right?

I was told at the dealership i got my SHO that loud colors where popular for the Mustangs they sold there. 

The blue metallic was introduced for the 1987 & 1988 Model Year Thunderbirds. The Thunderbird was all-new for the 1987 MY and only lasted 2 years until the next generation was introduced for the 1989 MY.