Questionable Product Decisions

15 hours ago, Deanh said:

what Broncos...?...we dont have any., and few in the pipeline along with order delays...but understand where you are coming from

Call any dealer in metro Detroit and see if they’ll ship you one. Most have at least 10 on the lot at any given time, and 3 of them I can think of off the top of my head have at least 2 raptors 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Call any dealer in metro Detroit and see if they’ll ship you one. Most have at least 10 on the lot at any given time, and 3 of them I can think of off the top of my head have at least 2 raptors 

We all must be mistaken about our local dealers having Broncos..  If.Dean doesn’t have any, nobody has any.  😂

• Haha 2

On 5/19/2024 at 6:28 AM, 70 Stang said:

13 at my dealer......and they are a small to medium dealer.

we still have zero...but theres commodity issues galore from what Im being told...also...we never put any addendums on ours so they moved quickly...the local dealers around thatb have some inventory all have addendums..explainms a bit...

On 5/17/2024 at 7:19 AM, akirby said:

We all must be mistaken about our local dealers having Broncos..  If.Dean doesn’t have any, nobody has any.  😂

no addendums here..but even with that, the pipelines are slim...

On 5/17/2024 at 6:13 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

demographics....things I would say are somewhat different market wise between So Cal and Detroit....

I checked the two nearby Ford dealers; one has 15 Broncos on their lot and the other has 16. The dealership where I used to do business lists 23, but I don't know how many they actually have on the lot--the two Tulsa area dealers I checked show pictures of all the trucks that were taken on their lot, but the one with 23 listed shows a bunch of them in front of generic backgrounds. 

9 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

I checked the two nearby Ford dealers; one has 15 Broncos on their lot and the other has 16. The dealership where I used to do business lists 23, but I don't know how many they actually have on the lot--the two Tulsa area dealers I checked show pictures of all the trucks that were taken on their lot, but the one with 23 listed shows a bunch of them in front of generic backgrounds. 

Dealers have the option to subscribe to Ford's digital image program that generates photos, based on the VIN number, against a choice of several Ford based backgrounds. 

19 hours ago, Deanh said:

we still have zero...but theres commodity issues galore from what Im being told...also...we never put any addendums on ours so they moved quickly...the local dealers around thatb have some inventory all have addendums..explainms a bit...

I went back and looked closer, and 5 of the 13 are in transit. The 8 on the lot are marked down from MSRP anywhere $493 to $3,408 on a Raptor.

3 hours ago, Andrew L said:

Just checked one of the many Ford dealers in my area they have 25....

Outer Banks 5
Badlands 2
Wildtrack 4
Black Diamond 6
Big Bend 2
Raptor 6

between how many dealers?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 70 Stang said:

I went back and looked closer, and 5 of the 13 are in transit. The 8 on the lot are marked down from MSRP anywhere $493 to $3,408 on a Raptor.

$ on that Braptor being a leftover 23...the price increasof 12k over when they were initially released has somewhat stymied their cache...the truck, awesome as it is, is no longer a no brainer, and in reality, Id say dollar for dollar, the F150 Raptor is more bang for the buck....love my Braptor, but I would not pay mid 90s for a new one with the same equipment... 

Edited by Deanh

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Dealers have the option to subscribe to Ford's digital image program that generates photos, based on the VIN number, against a choice of several Ford based backgrounds. 

and they also dont differentiate if the vehicle is someones retail order....gets pretty frustrating sometimes...I wont mention them listing units that havent, and arent scheduled to hit the lot for some time...Funny you mentioned backgrounds...our photos have rail cars in the background...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Andrew L said:

addendums or are they located in BFE ( last word of that acronym is Egypt ) you guys have to start realizing...if ONE dealer has a bunch more inventory of a specific popular model tha a majority of other...theres usually a pretty specific reason....I had complaints we didnt have Inventory but one of the bigger Dealers had a bunch...Ken Grody was at 30k over MSRP......want to take a wild guess why they had more units than surrounding dealers...and then of top of that, our own site would show 12 in stock, yet we only had 2 on the ground...pretty mis-leading...and the site is populated by Corporate..

On 5/21/2024 at 9:30 AM, silvrsvt said:

Using Ford's website, There is a total of 73 Broncos of all types with with about 20 of them listed as dealer ordered, all within a 10 mile radius of my ZIP. 

again...how many are actually ON THE GROUND and arent reatil orders already spoken for...its mis-leading for sure...but it MUST be true because its on the Internet right?...Ive put up with many a hostile phone call because of this practice...

On 5/21/2024 at 5:39 AM, ice-capades said:

Yeah, I didn’t figure that dealership would actually go to the railyard to take a picture of a Bronco in front of a Ford-branded rail car. (That’s actually the dealer that bought out the dealership where I and my folks used to buy all my Fords; after they fired all the folks who made the dealership what it was, and especially after the way they treated my late mother, I wouldn’t believe them claiming to have all those Broncos if I saw them on their lot with my own eyes.)

The two dealers that are currently local to me actually have pictures of the Broncos taken on their lots, so even having not seen them myself, I have high confidence that they have the trucks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

addendums or are they located in BFE ( last word of that acronym is Egypt ) you guys have to start realizing...if ONE dealer has a bunch more inventory of a specific popular model tha a majority of other...theres usually a pretty specific reason....I had complaints we didnt have Inventory but one of the bigger Dealers had a bunch...Ken Grody was at 30k over MSRP......want to take a wild guess why they had more units than surrounding dealers...and then of top of that, our own site would show 12 in stock, yet we only had 2 on the ground...pretty mis-leading...and the site is populated by Corporate..

I get that people won't come if there's no inventory, but I've also never understood the idea of "let's put something online and pretend we have it here".  Just seems like you're setting customers up for disappointment and anger.  I know they want to then try to put you in something else, but I just would rather treat people better...

36 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I get that people won't come if there's no inventory, but I've also never understood the idea of "let's put something online and pretend we have it here".  Just seems like you're setting customers up for disappointment and anger.  I know they want to then try to put you in something else, but I just would rather treat people better...

I think that’s just the default behavior of the inventory system and most dealers don’t bother to change it.

50 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think that’s just the default behavior of the inventory system and most dealers don’t bother to change it.

as much as I hate it, we did have people commit and put deposits on incoming...it was the instantaneous gratification people that became biligerant on phone calls...and during the peak, when we werent adding markup and everyone else was, our phones were off the hook...now the market has changed somewhat, the chances of someone commiting to a unit NOT on the ground, are significantly slimmer...

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Deanh said:

again...how many are actually ON THE GROUND and arent reatil orders already spoken for...its mis-leading for sure...but it MUST be true because its on the Internet right?...Ive put up with many a hostile phone call because of this practice...

Well I stated that 20 where dealer ordered per Fords website...I don't have the time to drive to all the dealerships (there are four of them) but 4 dealerships having anywhere from 8-15 Broncos per dealership, isn't that far of a stretch. 

So did a quick comparison-Ford website says 17 matches at the one dealership, with 2 listed as dealer ordered. Go to the dealership website, and they say 2024s 8 in stock with 4 coming in. There are 5 2023s in stock. So 5+8=13 plus 4 equals 17, not counting any that have sold in the past 24-48 hrs. 

Edited by silvrsvt

13 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Well I stated that 20 where dealer ordered per Fords website...I don't have the time to drive to all the dealerships (there are four of them) but 4 dealerships having anywhere from 8-15 Broncos per dealership, isn't that far of a stretch. 

So did a quick comparison-Ford website says 17 matches at the one dealership, with 2 listed as dealer ordered. Go to the dealership website, and they say 2024s 8 in stock with 4 coming in. There are 5 2023s in stock. So 5+8=13 plus 4 equals 17, not counting any that have sold in the past 24-48 hrs. 

I wouldnt exactly call that busting at the seams especially given the bredth of packages, 2 doors 4 doors, 4cyl/ 6 cylinder AND all the models...so Ill leave it there. BUT...I will say this...after all the hype and clamoring and people jumping over each other to get them....the fact theres now left over 23s doesnt reflect very well ( although that said I just ran a locate on 2023 Wildtraks, which are the most popular package here in SDo Cal, and theres diddly squat in ANY color )  

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

I wouldnt exactly call that busting at the seams especially given the bredth of packages, 2 doors 4 doors, 4cyl/ 6 cylinder AND all the models...so Ill leave it there. BUT...I will say this...after all the hype and clamoring and people jumping over each other to get them....the fact theres now left over 23s doesnt reflect very well ( although that said I just ran a locate on 2023 Wildtraks, which are the most popular package here in SDo Cal, and theres diddly squat in ANY color )  

$$$ will remain my answer.  As I've said before, massive price jumps with no additional content = no bueno for sales figures.

• Like 2