BON's favorite fight starter

NickF1011

Last I checked Chrysler got it right the first time.

Seriously if you want to complain about something atleast have it make since.

So they should never redesign it ever again? After 3 years on the market, it should be getting tweaked a bit beyond new tail lights, don't you think?

So quick to get defensive. Yeesh. Told yas this would get feisty quick. :hysterical:

Edited by NickF1011

So they should never redesign it ever again? After 3 years on the market, it should be getting tweaked a bit beyond new tail lights, don't you think?

So quick to get defensive. Yeesh. Told yas this would get feisty quick. :hysterical:

Can you please grow up?

Seriously, your a whiny baby.

You bring Ford into a thread crying and complaing when it has no place. I am not a fan of the excuse "he screwed so why can't Ford?" That mentality is really what Ford needs?

Let's look at the facts here, The 300 is selling more and more every year. The 500 is now struggling to achieve 3k units. The car gets good reviews and is a good car so obviously making a car the dullest in history is having a negative efect on the 500. Also I actually stood up for the 500 refresh. so there fool. "There is only so much you can do to have it be cost effective, and only so much you can expect from a mid-life refresh," that is wat I posted to people saying it isn't enough. It is what it is. The 500 is just so dull that it can't be fixed in a refresh IMO.

But here you like a little baby bringing up Ford ito this topic when you could of simply kept it about the 300. If you kept it on the 300 I would have posted this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion, this minimal, and I hope this isn't a 7 year run which it seems it will be. Vehicle should get most all new sheetmetal every 5 years. Chrysler likes to stick to 7 which is hurting them and this refresh is minimal on the exterior. Ford and GM are moving to 5 year cycles and chrysler is getting left behind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So like I said please gro up. :shades:

Sorry DCK, but Nick is right .... the 300's cooled off quickly and long time ago .. they need a lot of changes, and while tine interior is said to be improved, they should have gotten much more attention outside as well - the car is old, tired, and yesterday's news ..

They sell 35% to fleets and retail at 5k off .. 3 years after introduction, that is far from my definition of "getting it right" ... Mustang is getting right, not 300.

Nick is right this time around ...

Igor

Edited by igor

They sell 35% to fleets and retail at 5k off .. 3 years after introduction, that is far from my definition of "getting it right" ... Mustang is getting right, not 300.

Umm, Mustang is seeing incentives after three years. And believe me, there are a good number of them at airport rental lots as well...

Anyway you cut it, three and four year old product is due for a facelift and a fixfest, and after about seven or eight you had better have a darn good reason for not replacing it.

There are now more than enough 300 and Magnum buyers to form a loyal following(its called word of mouth and its potent ju-ju) and repeat buyers, but as of RIGHT NOW, there is no real competition for it, so I say smart move D-C. They can reinvest the big money next go round when Ford and GM have blown their $ on whatever RWD chase vehicles they come up with, if any(Ford).

I'd call this one good business.

Edited by JETSOLVER

This may not be anything other then a mule. (ie. not showing refreshed anything on it) Those tailights are current 300C lights and the current Touring fascia...this thing is nothing. The only thing being hidden is the CHMSL in the trunk which is currently on the parcel shelf..

And when is everyone going to stop quoting fleet numbers off an article from sales a year ago? Jeez the Stang had almost 20% fleet on that one and it was new then.

Edited by Intrepidatious

Wow that's exciting. :boring: I'm sure that if you put one next to a 3 year old model I would eventually see a difference. As i have observed before, Chrysler's challenge will be the next upgrade of the 300 and Charger. Like the PT Cruiser, once everyone has one, its not distinctive anymore. If that's the best they will do, there is no reason to trade up from a 3 year old 300, free HEMI or not.

I've never been a fan of the styling of the 300, but the car itself is quite sound. And it obviously appeals to enough buyers still that a major redo isn't really necessary in my books. How many years did the 911 keep the same basic look? Worked for it. I never have understood why you have to change a good thing...

Can you please grow up?

Seriously, your a whiny baby.

You bring Ford into a thread crying and complaing when it has no place. I am not a fan of the excuse "he screwed so why can't Ford?" That mentality is really what Ford needs?

Let's look at the facts here, The 300 is selling more and more every year. The 500 is now struggling to achieve 3k units. The car gets good reviews and is a good car so obviously making a car the dullest in history is having a negative efect on the 500. Also I actually stood up for the 500 refresh. so there fool. "There is only so much you can do to have it be cost effective, and only so much you can expect from a mid-life refresh," that is wat I posted to people saying it isn't enough. It is what it is. The 500 is just so dull that it can't be fixed in a refresh IMO.

But here you like a little baby bringing up Ford ito this topic when you could of simply kept it about the 300. If you kept it on the 300 I would have posted this:

My opinion, this minimal, and I hope this isn't a 7 year run which it seems it will be. Vehicle should get most all new sheetmetal every 5 years. Chrysler likes to stick to 7 which is hurting them and this refresh is minimal on the exterior. Ford and GM are moving to 5 year cycles and chrysler is getting left behind.

So like I said please gro up. :shades:

Grow up? You're the one who turns every thread into a personal attack. I never insulted you. Yeesh. :rolleyes:

The design and market function of the 911 vs. the 300 are two very different things, is all.

What I recommend is Chrysler have two large sedans - the 300, and another one that is more modern. Then it would make more sense to keep the 300 "classic"

Like the Charger?

So let me see if I have this straight......................

If Ford rests on their laurels, or does a refresh that does not have completely new, and radically different sheetmetal................. then they are idiots.

When DCX does a half assed refresh that doesn't look any different from the outgoing vehicle.................. then that is ok, as the vehicle sells itself, and is timeless.

Ok.

Like the Charger?

Yes and no - If they upgrade the Charger, great, but I'm thinking an additional modern vehicle in the Chrysler showrooms.

The 300 had a recognizable impact among people -- but they also know it showed up around 2000. If the 300 is lingering, looking the same, when it is nine years old, then DCX is simply doing what GM did with their J-bodies (Cavalier '83-'94) and A-bodies (Olds Cutlass Ciera '82-'96). Except, the thing is, those cars were meant as bread-and-butter, whereas the 300 is meant as a car with pizzazz. So it would be foolhardy to make it Chrysler division's only large-car offering if they don't change it at all.