2009 Fusion

ds91776

I think this definition sums it up best:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mediocre

mediocre: Not good, not bad, but a negative term nonetheless. Often used to describe something that is average, but was expected to be much better.

LOL, yeah I get the point........

I can't believe you are using definitions from the urban dictionary. Hillarious :hysterical:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"you need to make the assumption that the Subaru Legacy is not in the same class."

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

One thing for sure, it sure looks like a Subaru.

Whether that's good or bad is a matter of opinion, but Subaru have been having trouble getting their style across to the mainstream consumer, which is why the Tribeca is getting re-done, for example.

That about sums up the Fusion...and every other recent Ford launch.

my fusion isnt average... at least that toyota and honda and chevy drivers who have driven and road in it, they are very impressed... only 1 thing they say should be fixed is the engine other than that they like it and in some points better than their cars.

so ya.. average it is not thanks.

The grill is not blacked out, but kind of a smoked chrome. The package comes with 17 inch wheels that have black pained pockets on the black cars, charcoal pained pockets on the red cars, not sure on the silver cars.

They do not black out the tail lights, but that would be a good idea. The taillights are my only real beef with the car.

The interior comes with red and black cloth inserts and red stitching on the seats as well as the console and steering wheel

The Radio surround which is normally fake carbon fiber is replaced by fake brushed metal. It isnt great, but looks better than the CF.

On the Milan they carry the fake metal onto the left and right dash "spears" (for lack of a better word). This would have been a nice touch on the Fusion as well.

The Milan equivalent uses Ice Blue instead of red

The spoiler is not part of the package, but looks good IMO on this car

Oh man I should sneak onto that lot tonight, take a pic of what I described and see if this is the same car appearance package that you're talking about, because that sounds remarkably similar.

those really are just opinnions... what one person thinks is best interior in camry another will like the fusion, its just opinnion...

power -- who really gives a shit? these are not racecars.

Fuel -- none of the other vehicles kill it, they are all in the 22-23mph combined.

accel -- well, all automatics tested, i think the fusion only in reality falls behind the camry and nission 260hp cars.. accord, malibu, g6, sonata fusion is right with or faster than, i know from expierence a malibu SS is slower

interior -- opinnions, nothing else.

safety -- well there are quite a few other cars in this segment much worse than fusion.. so ya whats your point?

features and standard -- i dunno, never bothered too look at stuff for eithers.

audio -- again, basically opinnion in that different ears like and hear different stuff.

interior space -- dunno, never looked, cant be that bad.

seats -- uhhh, again opinnion, different asses like different seats.

styling -- huh? fusion gets marks as being totally different then all the other mid sizers... but ya opinnion again.

resale - ya, its only been out 2 years, give it sometime to build that up, way to early to play that card.

handling - driven 07 V6 camry, accord, sonata only, fusion eats them up bigtime.

braking -- ? not sure, mine stops very well lol

price - well to be honest, equally equiped and all, fusion from what i have seen is the leader here...

LOL

Michael Reynolds, MGallum and 630land must be in some kind of contest to see who can spin the most and get a trip to The Nyle.

Hakkesho_Kaiten.gif

You're outdoing yourselves guys, keep it up!

LOL

Michael Reynolds, MGallum and 630land must be in some kind of contest to see who can spin the most and get a trip to The Nyle (sic).

ROTFL!

It's all opinion. Theirs are rational, yours is, well, yours. Spinning in the "Nyle (sic)" seems to be your problem, not theirs. Watch out for the crocs while you're spinning your negative-think.

Every week, I see more Fusions on the road than the week before. To you, it is mediocre, to those who purchased, it is not.

Thanks for playing

bslogo1.jpg

crybaby.pngDON'T BASH MEDIOCRITY!!!

EVERY WEEK I SEE MORE AVEOS ON THE ROAD THAN I DID AT LAUNCH!!111 TO YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE WITH DIGNITY IT'S MEDIOCRE!!11! TO PEOPLE LIKE US IT'S NOT AND THAT MAKES IT SO!!1

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Sorry but the Fusion is a mediocre car, you and the rest of the musketeers just need to get over it already.

Are you going to say the dictionary is wrong too?

The fact it needs baby wheels to outhandle an old car, frozen in another century with 90's engineering, speaks volumes on the subject.

Edited by pcsario

That's the thing I don't get, people mercilessly bash the Fusion here and often over the littlest thing, just because its a Ford product it seems like. I fail to see how bringing over the Monedo would do any better or having the Fusion lead in every conceivable category in its class would majorly change anything like it becoming the best selling mid-sized Sedan overnight.

But I'm also saying the Fusion, as it stands now, is best Ford can do...it can use improvements and if Ford keeps making them and improving upon it, the car will be a success.

Perhaps thats where the disconnect is....everyone has their own definition of what the Fusion success should be.

The Focus had a nice steering wheel. It had these 2 fat parts at 10:00 and 2:00 that looked like a snake swallowed a couple of rats. I liked it

But the Fusion has much better materials on the dash, doors etc.. The focus had all that hard plastic.

The Fusion seats are more comfortable. It has a lot more room'. and overall, its a better cabin. But then again, its a more expensive car, so it should be. I am not knocking the Focus, it served me well for its purposes. It was a very good car.

One other thing that is different that I am sure I will get used to.

On the Focus , the radio controls were on the left side, the cruise on the steering wheel had larger buttons as it only controlled the cruise. With the Fusion, all the buttons are on the wheel, which is probably better because on the Focus you had to "Learn" the audio controls because you couldn't really see them while driving.

But they put the cruise buttons on the left part of the steering wheel and the audio controls on the right. This probably doesn't matter to someone with an auto, but when you have a 5 speed, in traffic, shifting, you don't normally take your hand off the shifter, so when you need to change the station, or volume or something while driving, you naturally go to the steering wheel as that is what you are used to , and then you have to go back to the shifter etc.. I know its a small thing, I will get used to, but still , Wonder if they even thought about that. They could have swapped sides with these buttons as you normally wouldn't activate cruise until you are in 5th when you hand is no longer on the shifter.

The Focus had a nice steering wheel. It had these 2 fat parts at 10:00 and 2:00 that looked like a snake swallowed a couple of rats. I liked it

But the Fusion has much better materials on the dash, doors etc.. The focus had all that hard plastic.

The Fusion seats are more comfortable. It has a lot more room'. and overall, its a better cabin. But then again, its a more expensive car, so it should be. I am not knocking the Focus, it served me well for its purposes. It was a very good car.

One other thing that is different that I am sure I will get used to.

On the Focus , the radio controls were on the left side, the cruise on the steering wheel had larger buttons as it only controlled the cruise. With the Fusion, all the buttons are on the wheel, which is probably better because on the Focus you had to "Learn" the audio controls because you couldn't really see them while driving.

But they put the cruise buttons on the left part of the steering wheel and the audio controls on the right. This probably doesn't matter to someone with an auto, but when you have a 5 speed, in traffic, shifting, you don't normally take your hand off the shifter, so when you need to change the station, or volume or something while driving, you naturally go to the steering wheel as that is what you are used to , and then you have to go back to the shifter etc.. I know its a small thing, I will get used to, but still , Wonder if they even thought about that. They could have swapped sides with these buttons as you normally wouldn't activate cruise until you are in 5th when you hand is no longer on the shifter.

thanks for the comparison .. I never realized this but you are right .. on my MAzda3 the Audio controls are on the left and CC on the right - which does make a LOT of sense .. when you are setting CC you are obviously no shifting (my Mazda is a 5speed).. and the audio controls are easy to use with the left hand on the wheel ...

I guess that is the nice piece of "ergonomics" - they are so good, they seem natural and you do not notice the probably HIGH amount of thought that went to them to make them invisible. ... (unlike say the stereo button on the Mazda, which annoy me because there is no way to tell them apart, so you always have to look.

Igor

My Focus is the C1 Focus.

I agree, the door in my Focus is full of hard plastics, but the dash has one of the softest plastics i've ever touched.

At least your C1 door panel has some substance to it when compared to the NA C170 doors.

At least your C1 door panel has some substance to it when compared to the NA C170 doors.

fusion is only mediocre to people who dont own one or havent driven one... its much more competetive than what they "THINK" they look at numbers and pictures, and try to compare its 2 year old sales to cares that have built up reputations for decade plus... not to mention it is outselling newer models that they say are better.. aura, g6 sonata etc...

The 05+ Focus interior is crap, but the 00-04 cars were light years better, my 02 has a very high quality looking dash, very nice and substantial door panels.

I remember when I first rode in a 05 Focus and couldn't believe how shitty the dash and door panels were, especially compared to the 00-04 cars.

The Fusion would do great if they copied the Mondeo's interior, changed the goofy tailights, and offered the D35.

The biggest problem with Ford's interiors is they have no cohesion, it looks as if they build the dash out of a dozen different pieces that don't mate well with eachother, and then they cut the holes for the worst head unit and buttons in the business out with a sawzall. Ford needs to learn how to build a seamless and good looking dash, that would go a long way to fixing their interior problems.

Just what is it with the controls and all the buttons Ford uses? It looks like they haven't changed one bit since 1990, the buttons all look too square and cheap, and then the font on them looks like something off an old typewriter, and is usually too small and off center. It just screams Wal-Mart designed me and chose interior materials which were sourced from China. I was floored recently when inside a new Suburban and couldn't believe how much better GM's switches absd buttons look than Ford's, who would've thought GM would leapfrog Ford in interiors!! :finger:

Edited by Blueblood

just get it overwith already and make me a damn SVT Fusion with the TwinForce Duratec 35, AWD, mated to the latest Getrag 6spd and throw in some recaro seats. I could care less if they only came in Barney Purple because that configuration would run like a raped ape and I would be the first in a very long line at the dealers to get one.

Edited by inteller

just get it overwith already and make me a damn SVT Fusion with the TwinForce Duratec 35, AWD, mated to the latest Getrag 6spd and throw in some recaro seats. I could care less if they only came in Barney Purple because that configuration would run like a raped ape and I would be the first in a very long line at the dealers to get one.

Feasible, but I don't see it happening. I'll bet the AWD system from the MKS might be able to bolt right into the Fusion with some adjustments, and I'm sure the Fusion's platform could handle the power. The main problem is that a car like that, once you factor in the extra cost of modifying it for the powertrain, the Getrag, and the visual and interior modifications, we're probably talking about a $38,000 car. Basically, it would be a modern SHO, but as I recall, the SHO with a manual never really sold in any meaningful volume.

However... put the same powertrain in a Lincoln MKZ, and now we're talking about a brand-builder. The Fusion should stick with the 260hp turbo engine, which I'm sure will be available with a manual.

Feasible, but I don't see it happening. I'll bet the AWD system from the MKS might be able to bolt right into the Fusion with some adjustments, and I'm sure the Fusion's platform could handle the power. The main problem is that a car like that, once you factor in the extra cost of modifying it for the powertrain, the Getrag, and the visual and interior modifications, we're probably talking about a $38,000 car. Basically, it would be a modern SHO, but as I recall, the SHO with a manual never really sold in any meaningful volume.

However... put the same powertrain in a Lincoln MKZ, and now we're talking about a brand-builder. The Fusion should stick with the 260hp turbo engine, which I'm sure will be available with a manual.

Yea, let's build a performance Fusion that is slower than a mundane Camry.. :rolleyes:

The Fusion should have the D35 as it's normal V6, only a much higher powered version should be considered a performance offering...

Yea, let's build a performance Fusion that is slower than a mundane Camry.. :rolleyes:

The Fusion should have the D35 as it's normal V6, only a much higher powered version should be considered a performance offering...

every SVT built from here on out needs to be beastly balls to the wall all out versions of their pedestrian counterparts. The SVT Fusion needs to be to the base model lFusion ike what a GT500 is to a base Mustang.

I dont know why everyone is acting like it is hard to find an AWD system for it, the MS6 AWD system will mate up no problem. Heck even the 6spd in there would probably work, if not the Getrag 6MTT280 would.

They need to set a target price of $35000.

Ford lately have been lowering their HP expectations, I expect it to be atleast 280 HP. If you read Blue II's post, he said 'NORTH of 260HP'.

besides, a GTDI 2.0 Fusion would surely weigh less than the bloated Camry.

The 05+ Focus interior is crap, but the 00-04 cars were light years better, my 02 has a very high quality looking dash, very nice and substantial door panels.

I remember when I first rode in a 05 Focus and couldn't believe how shitty the dash and door panels were, especially compared to the 00-04 cars.

The Fusion would do great if they copied the Mondeo's interior, changed the goofy tailights, and offered the D35.

The biggest problem with Ford's interiors is they have no cohesion, it looks as if they build the dash out of a dozen different pieces that don't mate well with eachother, and then they cut the holes for the worst head unit and buttons in the business out with a sawzall. Ford needs to learn how to build a seamless and good looking dash, that would go a long way to fixing their interior problems.

Just what is it with the controls and all the buttons Ford uses? It looks like they haven't changed one bit since 1990, the buttons all look too square and cheap, and then the font on them looks like something off an old typewriter, and is usually too small and off center. It just screams Wal-Mart designed me and chose interior materials which were sourced from China. I was floored recently when inside a new Suburban and couldn't believe how much better GM's switches absd buttons look than Ford's, who would've thought GM would leapfrog Ford in interiors!! :finger:

Excellent post!!

Interior pics

MY2006 Fusion http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/da...n_InteriorA.jpg

MY2002 Mondeo with 120,000 miles on odometer http://img1.auto24.ee/auto24/560/228/6658228.jpg

Yeah I've always liked how FOE is constantly trying to find ways to improve their products (Mondeo, C-Max, etc.)

interior1.jpg

03.jpg

33.jpg

2006 - Still not satisfied.

23.jpg

I've always liked FOE's obsession with quality and overall execution, quite a difference next to the ocean of mediocrity called Fusion.

Edited by pcsario

fusion is only mediocre to people who dont own one or havent driven one... its much more competetive than what they "THINK" they look at numbers and pictures, and try to compare its 2 year old sales to cares that have built up reputations for decade plus... not to mention it is outselling newer models that they say are better.. aura, g6 sonata etc...

How much quality time have you spent with the competition? (Accord, Altima, etc.)

My judgment comes from common sense and experience, I've phisically compared them all meticulously and the Fusion's mediocrity stands out every single time.

On the track there's no contest and I'm not surprised the Fusion needs baby wheels to feel better than an ancient Honda.

Fusion is only getting conquests from people leaving their shitty Hyundais, Pontiacs, Kias, etc. Guys with an Accord or Altima would've a hard time finding a reason to downgrade to a Fusion. That's what happens when you actually do your homework and release something that's not mediocre. Fusion is only above the bottom feeders.

Edited by pcsario