Jeep Compass

silvrsvt

I really wonder about this and the up coming Caliber...I have this feeling they are gonna tank

The Front bumper is just wrong on so many levels...

At least the Caliber isn't as hard on the eyes

20031074-E.jpg

It is ugly. If that Compass outsells the Fusion, Ford is in big trouble!! :lol:

No excuse for that car/thing. Compass is just plain ugly....and I mean Aztek ugly. Some people say things look better in person, but I can't imagine it on that thing.

Now the Caliber I actually think is attractive along with the Patriot.

It's ugly. I don't know if I'de go as far as Aztec ugly though. It's tough to beat in that category.

Spent time with both of these at NAIS, as we have a CJ point and are evaluating the costs of acquiring Dodge.

The Caliber is actually a very likable vehicle--much better in the metal than the photos would lead you to believe. Roomy inside. At the announced price point it should do quite well for CG.

The Frumpass is bad beyond words. It is a complete disaster. Worse in person--and this from a big Jeep guy and someone very enamored with the idea of a 'soft' Jeep.

As noted, the front end is a mess. The bumper caplets are almost insect-like. It will NOT appeal to women, IMO.

Expect a fast refresh.

With DCX's recent hits in design, I can't fathom the Compass getting a 'go' in any way shape or form. Finally something a Kia Sportage or ridgeline owner can make fun of for styling.

Jeeze, just scrolling up I had to edit/ad... WTF?

Edited by kevinb120

• 6 months later...

Maybe I'm a little harsh on Ford Motor Company, so I'll rag on another American (well, not really American anymore) company that is in the process of throwing it's heritage out the window for a perceived short term gain in sales.

From the Detroit News - everyone who drove the Compass in this group disliked it.

http://info.detnews.com/autosconsumer/auto...ex.cfm?id=22803

The local Jeep emporium has sold a couple of 'em, for what it's worth. The one I saw this weekend, in black, looked okay in person; the biggest disappointment for me was the hard plastic in the interior. Hopefully the Limited model looks and feels better on the inside. The outside? Fine, if a bit imitative of the some of the Japanese cute-utes. The Patriot is more my bag.

Maybe I'm a little harsh on Ford Motor Company, so I'll rag on another American (well, not really American anymore) company that is in the process of throwing it's heritage out the window for a perceived short term gain in sales.

From the Detroit News - everyone who drove the Compass in this group disliked it.

http://info.detnews.com/autosconsumer/auto...ex.cfm?id=22803

At least Chrysler is taking some risks... I see a lot of Caliburs on the road already. I personally think it's ugly. And the Jeep Compass is ugly too. Jeep is getting to far away from its purity and should just let Dodge or Chrysler handle this class of vehicle.

No excuse for that car/thing. Compass is just plain ugly....and I mean Aztek ugly. Some people say things look better in person, but I can't imagine it on that thing.

Now the Caliber I actually think is attractive along with the Patriot.

I got a good look at one in person at the Chicago Auto Show earlier this year. I can assure you that in looks NO BETTER in person!!! :runaway:

Compass - great name, very girly looking Jeep. Maybe it will get some buyers from Gen-Y, if the price is right.

I've been seen the Compass commericals non-stop the past week or two on TV and they are annoying as fuck with the stupid bobbleheads in them. I nearly fell out of my seat when my GF said she liked the way it looked, and this is coming from a person who normally has impecable (though expesive) taste in cars. I nearly had to smack her ;):finger: