Spied: '09 Lincoln MKS under hood…

Ovaltine

I don't know. Isn't it just a bored out 3.5? Anyway, that's the project the lone engineer must be working on, making the TT not available for the new vehicles launch. :stirpot:

MKS 3.7 Oct. 08

MKS Twin Force Mar 09

There is more than one engineer working on the FWD/RWD Twin Force for the MKS, Edge, Flex, F-150, and more.

Why is it necessary for you to stir the pot?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MKS 3.7 Oct. 08

MKS Twin Force Mar 09

There is more than one engineer working on the FWD/RWD Twin Force for the MKS, Edge, Flex, F-150, and more.

Flex is getting the TF? That sounds a bit wrong... ROFL Performance minivan..

MKS 3.7 Oct. 08

MKS Twin Force Mar 09

No TF for the Taurus or Taurus X?

Oh well, I'll take my TF Flex in bright red with a white roof and a black leather interior.

Yeah, that was it. The SHOstar. I've tried looking for pictures of it online, but have had no luck. Back when I had my SHO, I was a member of the SHO registry. Used to get a quarterly magazine, and I know I saw one in there. Too bad I lost them all.

I assume this is the SHOstar you're referring to?

post-28332-1185344027_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1185344035_thumb.jpg

No TF for the Taurus or Taurus X?

Oh well, I'll take my TF Flex in bright red with a white roof and a black leather interior.

Two schools of thought:

I'm willing to bet that when Ford was looking at the target market for the Flex, some insightful marketing person threw out the idea of a performance Flex to consumers, and they ate it up. The Flex is basically being marketing to people looking for a cool way to haul their family. I'm sure the 3.5 TwinForce will be available in various stages of tune, but 350hp would be more than enough for this application. Like you're saying... bright red, white roof, really nice low-profile tired alloy rims, black leather seating, satin-nickel aluminum interior trim, PowerShift DSG transmission, and a really tasteful ducktail spoiler off the back. Suddenly, trading the Mustang for a family hauler isn't such a painful proposition. I'm already salivating thinking about a chrome-rimmed black on black Lincoln version...

The OTHER reason the TwinForce is being developed is for fuel-economy purposes, so perhaps Ford is developing a lower horsepower version (280-300) as an uplevel, yet FAR more fuel-efficient engine than the normal 3.5L engine would be.

Two schools of thought:

I'm willing to bet that when Ford was looking at the target market for the Flex, some insightful marketing person threw out the idea of a performance Flex to consumers, and they ate it up. The Flex is basically being marketing to people looking for a cool way to haul their family. I'm sure the 3.5 TwinForce will be available in various stages of tune, but 350hp would be more than enough for this application. Like you're saying... bright red, white roof, really nice low-profile tired alloy rims, black leather seating, satin-nickel aluminum interior trim, PowerShift DSG transmission, and a really tasteful ducktail spoiler off the back. Suddenly, trading the Mustang for a family hauler isn't such a painful proposition. I'm already salivating thinking about a chrome-rimmed black on black Lincoln version...

The OTHER reason the TwinForce is being developed is for fuel-economy purposes, so perhaps Ford is developing a lower horsepower version (280-300) as an uplevel, yet FAR more fuel-efficient engine than the normal 3.5L engine would be.

I like idea #1 way better! You basically described the vehicle I would buy in a heartbeat!

I really can't wait to see what the Lincoln version of the Flex will look like. An all black TF Lincoln "Flex" would be pretty awesome too!

So in other words, as far as you know, there are only two manufacturers developing TT engines: Ford and BMW. :shades:

Aren't we all forgetting about a little company called Porsche?

I believe the next Lotus Esprit will retain a twin turbo layout as well.

Aren't we all forgetting about a little company called Porsche?

I believe the next Lotus Esprit will retain a twin turbo layout as well.

At any rate, it's a small number of manufacturers.

Also, one of these things is not like the others: Porsche, BMW, Lotus, Ford.

Can anyone tell me which one it is? :reading:

At any rate, it's a small number of manufacturers.

Also, one of these things is not like the others: Porsche, BMW, Lotus, Ford.

Can anyone tell me which one it is? :reading:

Well, hey! Good for Ford for finally offering something that's out of the mainstream and could very well be class-leading for once!!

Full article: http://www.leftlanenews.com/lincoln-mks-future.html

mksmotor.jpg

"We've had a lot of spy photos of the Lincoln MKS recently, but here's the first shots of what's under the hood of these prototypes. Spy photographers from KGP were pretty surprised to discover that there wasn't the highly vaunted twin turbo TwinForce V6 that they were expecting to see.

This means that the standard engine will likely be Ford's new 3.5-liter V6 that's currently in the Taurus, Edge and Lincoln MKZ. While that engine has plenty of go for the MKZ, it's not really appropriate in a car that's designed to compete with BMW, Lexus and the like because it'll be a bit down on power given the expected curb weight. The MKS will share Ford's Volvo-derived D3 architecture with the Taurus and Sable. "

:boring:

-Ovaltine

I'm positive that I read that Mark Fields advised that the MKS would come with a V-8 engine. Even as options the Thunderbird 3.9 liter V-8 or the Yamaha 4.4 liter V-8 would be fantastic.

Edited by uvls16