No Incentives on '08 Focus

FordBuyer

Hmm, what is the MSRP of the Mazdaspeed3 in the USA. $22,000.00.

What is the MSRP of the new Volvo C30? $22,700

Seems rather logical if Ford "did" offer the Focus ST in the USA the price would/could

be or near $20,000.00.

I would expect car buffs are much more aware of Ford's internationaly known ST variant, plus the C1 Focus has a much better track record

as far as reliabilty and lack of recalls which the 1st SVT had over-shawdowing its perception from the car buffs.

This "rut" thinking that so many have about Ford N.A. and its past failures with Contour and SVT, is best used as "mistakes to be learned from" not to be used to stay stuck in the rut.

Yea, if a VOLVO can sell a C1 here with that engine, the Ford version would be even cheaper..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually a LOT of Fords lineups right now are 5.9 for 60 months.....I like it!....banks are in the 8's so C unions seem to be the way to go if close...and Nick wheres the 4.9 NOW?, haven't seen rates like that on used cars for a year or so......best we have right now ( buy rate ) is for 700 plus is 5.99 for CURRENT year, 6.99 for a 3 year old car, C unions I have seen at 4.9 but they are few and far between, and not recently......

Secured the 4.9% for 60 months through CarMax Auto Finance back in 2005. Course, I paid it off last month instead of waiting the full 5 years....oh well. Course, having a credit score well over 700 probably helped....Was able to lock in a 30-year fixed on my house @ 4.785% as well....

Edited by NickF1011

Secured the 4.9% for 60 months through CarMax Auto Finance back in 2005. Course, I paid it off last month instead of waiting the full 5 years....oh well. Course, having a credit score well over 700 probably helped....Was able to lock in a 30-year fixed on my house @ 4.785% as well....

try and mirror 2005 rates now...times have changed a little...have you noticed Ford gradually getting away from 0%? Saw this coming............

oh...2008 Focus got a pretty good writeup in Auto week....opinion on the styling was on the fence as we have all BLEATED about.....they raved about NVH and how much better it was than the competition...even our nemesis Toyota was mentioned as being INFERIOR!

Edited by Deanh

try and mirror 2005 rates now...times have changed a little...have you noticed Ford gradually getting away from 0%? Saw this coming............

Interest rates are still pretty darn low, despite what some of the sky-is-falling Chicken Littles are saying...

The reason Ford is getting away from 0% is because they realized it was a money-losing proposition for them. I doubt it has much of anything at all to do with overall interest rates but more to do with Ford's attempts to limit incentive spending across the board.

Interest rates are still pretty darn low, despite what some of the sky-is-falling Chicken Littles are saying...

The reason Ford is getting away from 0% is because they realized it was a money-losing proposition for them. I doubt it has much of anything at all to do with overall interest rates but more to do with Ford's attempts to limit incentive spending across the board.

yep...sTill low to someone with half a brain, but they have gone up a tad, something a LOT cannot fathom irrespective... you should hear some reactions when some find out that the coveted 0% is now GULP 1.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!! quick retort, we will give you a 10 day option to shop your bank NO problem..........

You can get incentives, you just have to wait...

Everyone said there would be no incentives on the Edge in the first year. I got mine with $1,500 cash back and $500 customer loyalty on top of X plan pricing... ( + another $500.00 off and 75K mile factory extended warrantee because it was a demo )

You just have to wait until late summer of next year ( or earlier if the economy tanks... )

This is typically true of all vehicles, not just Fords...

Everyone said there would be no incentives on the Edge in the first year. I got mine with $1,500 cash back and $500 customer loyalty on top of X plan pricing... ( + another $500.00 off and 75K mile factory extended warrantee because it was a demo )

how much was your Edge with Xplan?

How so? You do know V 1.0 C30s come with very basic equipment and none of the upgraded suspension bits don't ya?

Volvo badge in general does command a higher price point. You do realize you can purchase much lesser vehicles then the C30, but the much lesser vehicle be much higher spec (more features) and still be cheaper then the lower spec'd (less features) Volvo C30, don't ya?

The words typed Much lesser vehicle not to be construde as true and factual, only used in the context that a Honda Civic or similar segment vehicle or even B segement vehicle normally perceived as not being an entry level luxury vheicle such as the Volvo C30 is classed at. Hope this is clear and in no way shape or form was I implying that these non entry lux designated vehicle are factually lesser vehicles then the C30.

Edited by MKII

The first Focuses arrived at a dealership where I live. Of course they are all four doors. Me and my friend took a look at them. He hated it.. The front end styling put him off and he said the fender vent looked like a ribbon on a box of shit. The interior is ok. Of course we lamented the demise of the 3door hatchback. This poor Ford dealer is so deperate for sales that they had a row of Elantras from their Huyndai dealership on their lots. We assessed that Ford must not be putting out the right small cars to sell if they have to go to such measures... Across town the F-M-L dealer has Kias on their lot from a sister store. Both dealers have moved trucks aways from the front of dealer lots and have passenger cars filling up the fronts which has been the opposite the past few years.

We looked at other cars... We both like the Fusion and agreed it would be more awesome as a coupe...

The first Focuses arrived at a dealership where I live. Of course they are all four doors. Me and my friend took a look at them. He hated it.. The front end styling put him off and he said the fender vent looked like a ribbon on a box of shit. The interior is ok. Of course we lamented the demise of the 3door hatchback. This poor Ford dealer is so deperate for sales that they had a row of Elantras from their Huyndai dealership on their lots. We assessed that Ford must not be putting out the right small cars to sell if they have to go to such measures... Across town the F-M-L dealer has Kias on their lot from a sister store. Both dealers have moved trucks aways from the front of dealer lots and have passenger cars filling up the fronts which has been the opposite the past few years.

We looked at other cars... We both like the Fusion and agreed it would be more awesome as a coupe...

Well, there you go, case closed, the Fusion should be made into a coup and the Focus completely sucks. Nothing further to say, its over....

This poor Ford dealer is so deperate for sales that they had a row of Elantras from their Huyndai dealership on their lots. We assessed that Ford must not be putting out the right small cars to sell if they have to go to such measures... Across town the F-M-L dealer has Kias on their lot from a sister store.

Sounds like an inventory problem somewhere. Maybe they ordered too many Elantras.

how much was your Edge with Xplan?

MSRP on my vehicle was $36,665. The X price plan was $34,047.00. Less the $2,000 worth of rebates and the extra $500 for being a demo and my drive out price was $31,547.00 and they threw in the 4 year 75,000 mile Ford factory extended warrantee. I traded in my 2007 CX-9 ( which I hated ) so there was no sales tax...

If I had been willing to put in more time I could probably have got another $500.00 off the price of the Edge. I just wanted to get rid of the CX-9 so bad that I feel like I left some money on the table. It was certianly not a great deal due to the $3,000 or so I lost on the CX-9, but it was acceptable. The MSPR on my CX-9 was $39,845 and I got it drive out ( tax, tag and title ) for $34,045.00 ( Memorial Day Special ). I got a better deal on my 2005 Mariner. MSRP was $25,910 and I got it for a drive out price including tax, tag and title of $20,105.00. I did not trade in a vehicle on this prurchase, so about $1200 of that price was sales tax.

$5,000+ ( drive out ) off of MSPR is where I feel comfortable buying a new vehicle. That way you do not feel like you got ripped off so bad, but it usually takes a great deal of time and energy to get the deal done. You also have to be patient and wait for the buying oppertunities....

Hyundai sales aren't exactly setting the world on fire. I suspect they just needed a place to park the excess inventory.

They didnt need a place to park just five Elantras. They did have new stickers on the window to. I believe they have them there to keep people from waking away from the dealer name simply because they didn't have a Ford to sell them...

Well, there you go, case closed, the Fusion should be made into a coup and the Focus completely sucks. Nothing further to say, its over....

After we looked at the Focus we felt much better after getting back into the GTI. It was liked being reuited with your spouse at the end of that TV show Wife Swap...

After we looked at the Focus we felt much better after getting back into the GTI. It was liked being reuited with your spouse at the end of that TV show Wife Swap...

And after you got in, you promptly drove to the nearest VW dealer to find out what was wrong with your car this time, number 400 in 4 months. My point. You can find fault with everything and anything if you want to. The new focus is a solid entry into the market, and just because you and your friend do not like the exterior does not mean it is bad.

Edited by suv_guy_19

lessee...compairing a GTI with a focus.....man that is an OBVIOUS comparison, kinda along the lines of a Smart and a GT500 I think......

lessee...compairing a GTI with a focus.....man that is an OBVIOUS comparison, kinda along the lines of a Smart and a GT500 I think......

Or as blueblood would say, a Yugo and a Ferrari.

And you don't have to bother downloading that because it has noting to do with my post...another ghost attachment.

1ZVFT85H965116997.pdf

post-11790-1125537144_thumb.jpg

Edited by suv_guy_19

Or as blueblood would say, a Yugo and a Ferrari.

And you don't have to bother downloading that because it has noting to do with my post...another ghost attachment.

funny...a trend I have noticed a MULTITUDE of times from various whingers is they want all Fords vehicles to have the quality and "condoments" of vehicles 1 1/2 times their price, outperform them, have huge incentives, subveened interest rates, be dynamically superior ,be head turning beyond compare along with NO addendums on their limited halo cars please.....here it seems some have inflated expectations of what is possible at price points they feel Fords entry level cars should occupy.......beer budgets and Champagne tastes......

The sad truth is that in some parts of the world there is a Focus variant that is an obvious competitor to the GTI.

The sad thing is, in my opinion, in some parts of the world, there is a Focus variant that is an obvious competitor to the GTI. Of course that's only my opinion.

Fixed it for you. I'm surprised you made such an obvious mistake. And by the way, we all know how everything works out for VW over here.

Edited by suv_guy_19

The sad truth is that in some parts of the world there is a Focus variant that is an obvious competitor to the GTI.

definitely NOT here....Focus here is an entry level vehicle, Euros take their smaller cars a LOT more seriously both in terms of content and quality AND they pay for it.here we afford wretched excess......