Reqsons for Lack of New Ford Products?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course CEOs get paid ridiculous amounts but you get what you pay for - just ask Bill Ford.

For all the flack they receive, I believe Mark Fields and Alan Mulally have begun permanent

change in Ford, something inconceivable up to 18 months ago.

Making the call to close plants and terminate about 40,000 people takes a lot of guts.

Spending $10 Billion to make it happen and save the company is even gutsier.

The size of Ford's business is much smaller now, -they need to reign all of their costs and

focus on better products. With competitiveness restored, they will return to strength.

OBJECTION! (Hey Rick, can you put a Phoenix Wright smiley there? kthx)

Buried? hahahah! Lincoln is burying Cadillac's pathetic renassience shit. The STS flopped, the SRX flopped, the XLR flopped, the V-series fucking flopped, the Escalade is a flop but GM knew how to advertise it correctly.

The MKZ and MKX are actually selling near 3000 units a month. That's their targets.

Lincoln had to become the biggest joke in automotive history before they could even put out a Ford with a new grill. Lincoln's sales targets are so pathetically low it is a joke when they get credit for meeting sales goals. They went from being the number one selling luxury mark in America to the point now where no one really even considers them luxury, no one under 50 could name a product other than the navigator, go look at non automotive boards when cars are discussed, it is like Lincoln doesn't exist when talking about luxury cars. Lincoln has become nothing, and it was only then, when they hit complete rock bottom, that imbeciles praise their sales success. Wow, they rose 15% over the worst sales year they had probably in 50 years.

Lincoln is going a different route than Cadillac, Lincoln is going after what Buick is going after.

Cadillac has done a great job with turning itself around, you are so blind, so pathetically stupid, it isn't even funny.

Ford doesn't have the desire to compete with Lincoln, I am done complaining about it. It is time to accept that Lincoln will go after The ES and entry level Luxury cars, with no vehicles for enthusiasts. I don' complain anymore about Lincolns lack of exciting vehicles. But even though Ford has no desire to make lincoln compete with the imports, there is still no excuse for the MKZ and MKX, the MKS will be the only lincoln that isn't a complete joke. Maybe people here should demand more out of Ford. I find it stunning that you think your attacks against GM are dignified.

Edited by DCK

Lincoln had to become the biggest joke in automotive history before they could even put out a Ford with a new grill. Lincoln's sales targets are so pathetically low it is a joke when they get credit for meeting sales goals. They went from being the number one selling luxury mark in America to the point now where no one really even considers them luxury, no one under 50 could name a product other than the navigator, go look at non automotive boards when cars are discussed, it is like Lincoln doesn't exist when talking about luxury cars. Lincoln has become nothing, and it was only then, when they hit complete rock bottom, that imbeciles praise their sales success. Wow, they rose 15% over the worst sales year they had probably in 50 years.

Lincoln is going a different route than Cadillac, Lincoln is going after what Buick is going after.

Cadillac has done a great job with turning itself around, you are so blind, so pathetically stupid, it isn't even funny.

Ford doesn't have the desire to compete with Lincoln, I am done complaining about it. It is time to accept that Lincoln will go after The ES and entry level Luxury cars, with no vehicles for enthusiasts. I don' complain anymore about Lincolns lack of exciting vehicles. But even though Ford has no desire to make lincoln compete with the imports, there is still no excuse for the MKZ and MKX, the MKS will be the only lincoln that isn't a complete joke. Maybe people here should demand more out of Ford. I find it stunning that you think your attacks against GM are dignified.

A little hyperbole? Yeah, Lincoln has certainly sunk to new lows, but it does seem to have some momentum going forward, and it is a bright spot, no matter how dim the light is. The MKZ has done well, and the MKX has done very well for Lincoln. And from everything I have heard Ford is really spending the extra time to differentiate the Lincoln Flex from the Ford Flex. That is a really good sign for the future. Dropping the Mark LT is another good sign as it certainly was a gussied up Ford, and nothing more. With MKZ going through its third refreshening in three years, it doesn't look like Ford is going the cheap route with Ford. With more aggressive styling and new 3.7 V6, it should be better competitor. Going forward with new MKS and new Lincoln Flex, it looks like 2008 will be more increased sales for Lincoln. If they can keep that momentun pointed up, who knows where Lincoln will end up. Add in Jim Farley who knows how to massage a luxury brand, and things look optimistic at least.

A little hyperbole? Yeah, Lincoln has certainly sunk to new lows, but it does seem to have some momentum going forward, and it is a bright spot, no matter how dim the light is. The MKZ has done well, and the MKX has done very well for Lincoln. And from everything I have heard Ford is really spending the extra time to differentiate the Lincoln Flex from the Ford Flex. That is a really good sign for the future. Dropping the Mark LT is another good sign as it certainly was a gussied up Ford, and nothing more. With MKZ going through its third refreshening in three years, it doesn't look like Ford is going the cheap route with Ford. With more aggressive styling and new 3.7 V6, it should be better competitor. Going forward with new MKS and new Lincoln Flex, it looks like 2008 will be more increased sales for Lincoln. If they can keep that momentun pointed up, who knows where Lincoln will end up. Add in Jim Farley who knows how to massage a luxury brand, and things look optimistic at least.

Yes, Lincoln is doing better, but they aren't doing anything special. Who ever decided not to differentiate the MKZ and MKX styling from the Fusion and Edge should be shot. Then it is like Ford is going the extra mile because for once they actually are giving Lincoln new sheetmetal for the Ford knock offs. This is basic half ass things that they had absolutely no excuse not to be doing in the first place, then finally someone pulled their head out of their ass at Ford, and it is like they deserve an applause............................when will lincoln offer something that gives them an advantage in the market place? What does the MKZ and MKX have that the competition don't have, and do it better? Nothing. I beleive there is a future with Lincoln, but anyone who thinks it is off the efforts of the two current MK jokes sitting on the lots now are fooling themselves, the MKZ and MKX should be a lesson to Lincoln on what not to do, the MKS and the MKflex will be a step in the right direction, but why were they in this predicament to begin with? Then people here want to bash cadillac but praise the MKZ and MKX as the proper way to handle luxury product, what a joke.

Oh please on this Lincoln shit. Even Wikipedia refers to the MKZ as the new Versailles:

The new MKZ owes most of its conceptually to the Lincoln Versailles of the later 1970s, being largely a dressed-up mid-size Ford.

Clicky Here

It will take years for Lincoln to catch up with Cadillac, let alone Lexus/BMW/Infinity.

The MKS is going to have to be spectacular after all the raves that the CTS has been getting recently.

Oh please on this Lincoln shit. Even Wikipedia refers to the MKZ as the new Versailles:

The new MKZ owes most of its conceptually to the Lincoln Versailles of the later 1970s, being largely a dressed-up mid-size Ford.

You do realize that Wikipedia articles can be written by anyone, right? The MKZ is an amazing car. It's body looks better than that of the fusion, and looking from the front, back, or inside, they don't even look related. I would call it a unique product. I cannot say the same about the MKX, but it has its own virtues,.

Oh please on this Lincoln shit. Even Wikipedia refers to the MKZ as the new Versailles

Even Wikipedia? Wow. Of course, you know how Wiki gets its entries. The entry is one person's opinion.

Anyway, more power is needed, and the transmissions aren't here yet.

As a gussied-up Fusion, the Z is a work in progress, and the future is bright.

OBJECTION! (Hey Rick, can you put a Phoenix Wright smiley there? kthx)

Buried? hahahah! Lincoln is burying Cadillac's pathetic renassience shit. The STS flopped, the SRX flopped, the XLR flopped, the V-series fucking flopped, the Escalade is a flop but GM knew how to advertise it correctly.

The MKZ and MKX are actually selling near 3000 units a month. That's their targets.

You just named about 4 vehicles that Lincoln does not even compete in...give me a break-can you tell me without some meth that you would take a mkz over a cts? or a mxx over a srx? Remember no drugs here!

You do realize that Wikipedia articles can be written by anyone, right? The MKZ is an amazing car. It's body looks better than that of the fusion, and looking from the front, back, or inside, they don't even look related. I would call it a unique product. I cannot say the same about the MKX, but it has its own virtues,.

Calling the MKZ an "amazing car" is nothing short of riduculous. Come on try a little harder. Yah things are lookng up for Lincoln....just like they are looking up for the Detroit Lions! Sure they have won 3 games-but got killed n two more...so quit with the fucking blinders.

And only you would call in a unique product-even Ford's own management has indicated that they have to differentiate the vehicles more.

That vehicle is no more unique than when Subaru introduced the Outback. It was just a legacy with 5 different things on it. But it at least saved Subaru's ass in the US market-hardly something the MKZ is doing. Nice vehicle but for my money I would take a lot of other vehicles before it was in my garage.

I don't always agree with DCX but at least he is realistic-well at least most of the time:)))

K

Calling the MKZ an "amazing car" is nothing short of riduculous. Come on try a little harder. Yah things are lookng up for Lincoln....just like they are looking up for the Detroit Lions! Sure they have won 3 games-but got killed n two more...so quit with the fucking blinders.

And only you would call in a unique product-even Ford's own management has indicated that they have to differentiate the vehicles more.

That vehicle is no more unique than when Subaru introduced the Outback. It was just a legacy with 5 different things on it. But it at least saved Subaru's ass in the US market-hardly something the MKZ is doing. Nice vehicle but for my money I would take a lot of other vehicles before it was in my garage.

I don't always agree with DCX but at least he is realistic-well at least most of the time:)))

K

Amazing may have been too strong a word, but it is far from a bad car. The fact that I don't need to swear to make my point proves that yours is rather weak. Yeah, future products will be differentiated more, we know that, so why are we focusing on the past. The average person cannot see the Fusion in the MKZ, but can see the Edge in the MKX, I have admitted that.

On the Subaru point, the MKZ is doing well For Lincoln, and it was never supposed to save Ford. The MKZ is selling well, the MKX is selling well. I don't see how so many people can take that and make it into a bad thing.

I am fully aware of what Wikipedia is. Anyone can add to it's definitions. And right now, the public has deemed the MKZ as the new Versailles.

See, the CTS moved away from what it started out as - a Catterra (sp) and it is a hit. Lincoln, however, took the Granada/Monarcrch/Versailles route and even tho the MKZ is getting sales (as the Versailles did initially), it is nothing more than a rebadged Ford.

Edited by 96 Pony

I am fully aware of what Wikipedia is. Anyone can add to it's definitions. And right now, the public has deemed the MKZ as the new Versailles.

See, the CTS moved away from what it started out as - a Catterra (sp) and it is a hit. Lincoln, however, took the Granada/Monarcrch/Versailles route and even tho the MKZ is getting sales (as the Versailles did initially), it is nothing more than a rebadged Ford.

The public... :hysterical: ...It could have been one person, or a million, we really don't know.

1ZVFT82H155246713.pdf

GM put in the effort to have the Aura and Malibu both have their only completely different style, Ford couldn't even invest in given the MKFusion its own style. If you can't tell the greenhouse, the windows on the MKZ are the same as the Fusion go get Glasses, Even Ford admitted how stupid they were not to invest properly in the Lincoln Knock offs, but atleast they have people here to defend their stupid mistakes..........................I am happy Ford realized their stupidity, but it is funny people here will still defend them after Ford themselves admit their mistakes.

GM put in the effort to have the Aura and Malibu both have their only completely different style, Ford couldn't even invest in given the MKFusion its own style. If you can't tell the greenhouse, the windows on the MKZ are the same as the Fusion go get Glasses, Even Ford admitted how stupid they were not to invest properly in the Lincoln Knock offs, but atleast they have people here to defend their stupid mistakes..........................I am happy Ford realized their stupidity, but it is funny people here will still defend them after Ford themselves admit their mistakes.

funny how your always so angry about everything. The MKZ and Fusion are different in many ways. They should probably have been more different. My point is that we already know things are changing so why do you keep focusing on it? I'm glad things will get even better, as they have gotten better with the last new model launches of the Z and X.

funny how your always so angry about everything. The MKZ and Fusion are different in many ways. They should probably have been more different. My point is that we already know things are changing so why do you keep focusing on it? I'm glad things will get even better, as they have gotten better with the last new model launches of the Z and X.

Man your sensitive....he is angry, I swear and you get your panties in a wad....please! We are all glad things are getting better, but it is not like the competition is waiting around for Ford to catch up. This is not the public school system....come on let's wait for "Joey-he is special!!"

Yes, Lincoln is doing better, but they aren't doing anything special. Who ever decided not to differentiate the MKZ and MKX styling from the Fusion and Edge should be shot. Then it is like Ford is going the extra mile because for once they actually are giving Lincoln new sheetmetal for the Ford knock offs. This is basic half ass things that they had absolutely no excuse not to be doing in the first place, then finally someone pulled their head out of their ass at Ford, and it is like they deserve an applause............................when will lincoln offer something that gives them an advantage in the market place? What does the MKZ and MKX have that the competition don't have, and do it better? Nothing. I beleive there is a future with Lincoln, but anyone who thinks it is off the efforts of the two current MK jokes sitting on the lots now are fooling themselves, the MKZ and MKX should be a lesson to Lincoln on what not to do, the MKS and the MKflex will be a step in the right direction, but why were they in this predicament to begin with? Then people here want to bash cadillac but praise the MKZ and MKX as the proper way to handle luxury product, what a joke.

Yes. Cadillac a few years ago had a lot of momentum, but if you have noticed that momentum is gone. Even in Metro Detroit, you see very few STS, SRX, and especially the Cadillac Corvette. The previous generation CTS paled in comparison to the MKZ. Yes, the new CTS looks very promising, but the momentum Cadillac had is gone. I hope they can get it back, but I doubt it. It will take more than the CTS to do it. It seems to me that Lincoln has some momentun and that can only increase with the new MKS and Lincoln Flex. The key will be what Lincoln follows that up with. I sure hope they do a RWD MKR, but we will see. I personally want to see both Cadillac and Lincoln do real well. What I see now is Cadillac losing their momentum and hopefully getting it back with impressive CTS and Lincoln getting some much needed momentum and following it up with even better product.

You just named about 4 vehicles that Lincoln does not even compete in...give me a break-can you tell me without some meth that you would take a mkz over a cts? or a mxx over a srx? Remember no drugs here!

At the first part, I only mentioned 3 cars and a special line. Lincoln has the Navi to take on GM's cheap-shit Slade, Lincoln doesn't have an XLR competitor (Do they actually sell these?), Lincoln however has a competitor to the STS, the Town Car. One might argue that the Town Car competes with the DTS only, but the STS is a full-size vehicle that's supposed to take on full-size competitors and that's what the Town Car is, a full-size vehicle.

I would take an MKZ over a CTS, because Caddy's dealer suck man-balls, and because Caddy's quality is almost trash (interior wise offcourse).

I'd take an MKX over the SRX, because it's much cheaper than GM's piece of living trash.

None at all, monsiuer.

1ZVFT80N765117028.pdf