Toyota Recalls Tundras

anike7

i didnt see anything that said 1 complaint? were is that?

Automotive News via Autoblog...

Automotive News reports that Toyota discovered the problem when a single owner complained about noises coming from that area of his truck. Only one case of the shaft actually separating from the joint has been reported according to Toyota, and it did not result in an accident.

AB

Hey...it's better than 1.2 million.

over how many years....and if you are talking about the cruise switch....which recall would you rather have...a switch or camshaft....a 1 hr job or be truckless for......

Didn't the cruise contol have the potential to cause a fire? I think it did. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want my truck catching on fire especially when I am in it!

Amazing. Because of ONE owners complaint, Toyota not only investigates the issue, they then recall 15,600 trucks.

Commendable.

If you think only one separated, then you are naive. I work in a plant that makes driveshafts and propshafts. They are always coming apart, most just do it at the assembly plant.

Sometimes it isn't the car that is at fault. Or the automaker. Or the owner. Sometimes it is a cheap battery from Sam's Club, with a Delco label. Damn thing burned my wife's favorite Crown Victoria to a crisp.

The cruise control switch wasn't the issue. It was a diode in the switch assembly made be a subcontractor for Texas Instruments for Ford Motor companies supplies of the cruise control devices. And as I recall a couple houses burned as well. The recall replaced the faulty part in less than five minutes on each of my Fords.

Toyotas problems are their own making in most cases. Too much vehicle, not enough structure...

Didn't the cruise control have the potential to cause a fire? I think it did. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want my truck catching on fire especially when I am in it!

You probably have a better chance of winning the lottery then burning up in your truck that caught fire due to the cruise control...

Amazing. Because of ONE owners complaint, Toyota not only investigates the issue, they then recall 15,600 trucks.

Commendable.

if you believe that it was because of just one owner then....wow

obviously it was a big problem, otherwise toyota would have told the owner he abused it or did something it wasn't designed to do like carry a load... :hysterical:

yes they investigated it and found out that it was a MAJOR problem, otherwise they wouldn't issue a warranty for the vehicle that already has a horrible reliability and recall list

no company would recall a vehicle unless it was a major problem because it does cost them lots of money

but if you want to believe that one owner made a complaint and toyota just recalled all of the same model then your an idiot...but i think ive already called you that

.....it wasn't just one owner...

if you believe that it was because of just one owner then....wow

obviously it was a big problem, otherwise toyota would have told the owner he abused it or did something it wasn't designed to do like carry a load... :hysterical:

yes they investigated it and found out that it was a MAJOR problem, otherwise they wouldn't issue a warranty for the vehicle that already has a horrible reliability and recall list

no company would recall a vehicle unless it was a major problem because it does cost them lots of money

but if you want to believe that one owner made a complaint and toyota just recalled all of the same model then your an idiot...but i think ive already called you that

.....it wasn't just one owner...

A lot more than ONE Tundra owner has has problems with their tailgate and so far the news media has not picked up on the story for some strange reason and STILL no recall. So far it only seems to be an internet story. Last I looked over 600 Tundra owners had signed petition about Tundra tailgate buckling. Media and Toyota are mum about it.

A lot more than ONE Tundra owner has has problems with their tailgate and so far the news media has not picked up on the story for some strange reason and STILL no recall. So far it only seems to be an internet story. Last I looked over 600 Tundra owners had signed petition about Tundra tailgate buckling. Media and Toyota are mum about it.

The mainstream media still can't accept Toyotas fall from grace. I didn't see Toyotas latest Tundra recall in the local newspaper this week, but read it on the Det. News online.

We need a campaign going where people need to print up flyers, bumperstickers about Toyota and it's bullshit. Spread the word!

As for this joke of a truck... Who in the hell would want to buy one after all these problems? Oh, wait... SO CALLED EDUCATED CONSUMERS WILL!

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Remember, probally 99% of the buyers are unaware of any issues. They don't frequent car boards and are going by the Toyota reputation, those really IMPRESSIVE commercials :rolleyes: , & the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times don't hurt either (but we've beaten that horse and it's validity in the truck world). When they do have a problem , they'll just shrug it off thinking it's just a fluke. Very rare will we find them saying "gee, this truck has many issues, I'm gonna get a Ford next". It just won't happen and they'll just get another one because "Detroit builds shitty vehicles", and they'll take that to the grave.

On toyota and Lexus board they are praising Toyota for recalling their vehicles saying how noble of a company they are. It's sick of how blind they are to issues. At least here we are critical of Ford and bring up their faults along with the good.

Edited by Hydro