2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Bagrah01

Nice car (was parked by a new CTS at the gym the other day)

But is this engine the same as what is in the new ZR1 vette de-tuned?

cool car....i could afford gas for about a week....still not keen on the creased/ foldy look...but thats some fast origami!

Edited by Deanh

Nice car (was parked by a new CTS at the gym the other day)

But is this engine the same as what is in the new ZR1 vette de-tuned?

Yes, it's essentially the same engine. I believe they refer to it as the LS8, while the ZR1's engine is called the LS9.

Beautiful, beautiful car. That interior looks perfect (especially the seats). Should be a monster.

that is a beast but fuck.....does that body kit look like a ricer body kit

the old CTS-V looked much, much better.....but this will probably post better numbers

Probably? That might just be a slight understatement there. It has a better power-to-weight ratio than either the E63 AMG or the M5, both of which are much faster than the previos-gen CTS-V. I'm thinking 0-60 times in the very low four-second range, if not slightly lower than that.

Probably? That might just be a slight understatement there. It has a better power-to-weight ratio than either the E63 AMG or the M5, both of which are much faster than the previos-gen CTS-V. I'm thinking 0-60 times in the very low four-second range, if not slightly lower than that.

I like this car much better than the normal CTS.

ummm.....sorry?

of course i know it is better.....would i would take it over an M5.....not sure about that, even if the CTS-V is faster

I'd take the Cadillac, because many reviews of the M5 have said that it's short on torque, especially low down, so you really have to thrash it to get anything out of it.

Well, not many of us are used to that much power anyway lol. I wouldn't even go for a hi power model anyway. 535ix.

I don't know what a few are babbling on about saying that this car looks ricer.

And kudos to GM for building an exciting product. It seems they are the only ones of the big 2.8 that know how to.

Now you have to give Chrysler credit. Also, Ford may only build the Mustang that is exciting, but they build so many kinds....

What happened to Ford saying SVT was going to work on Mercurys and Lincolns? Why is Ford slacking and only thinking about the Mustang when it comes to performance? It seems that they can beat everyone when they want to(F Series, Cammer from the 60's etc.), but can i ever get a true lincoln competitor to this CTS-V? :closedeyes: :headscratch::(

Edited by Maranello

Now you have to give Chrysler credit. Also, Ford may only build the Mustang that is exciting, but they build so many kinds....

Your right...Chrysler actually has some balls and makes a fairly good line of good, exciting cars.

And, yes...the Mustang is exciting...but in a "Oh boy, I hope I don't die, theres a turn coming up", sorta way".

What happened to Ford saying SVT was going to work on Mercurys and Lincolns? Why is Ford slacking and only thinking about the Mustang when it comes to performance? It seems that they can beat everyone when they want to(F Series, Cammer from the 60's etc.), but can i ever get a true lincoln competitor to this CTS-V? :closedeyes: :headscratch::(

Because Ford knows everything. Why would someone want a 400hp blown Terminator engine, when a "old-as-dirt" 4.6 with much less power will do? Or how about a 4.0 V6? retard.gif

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Your right...Chrysler actually has some balls and makes a fairly good line of good, exciting cars.

And, yes...the Mustang is exciting...but in a "Oh boy, I hope I don't die, theres a turn coming up", sorta way".

Chrysler has only the 300 which has lost a lot of momentum. Sebring/PT/Crossfire?? All so outclassed they don't even get reviews any more except the new Sebring murder-fest when it first came out. When was anything about the Pacifica news?

as it leaves the Chrysler ( which one competes?.....) squandering in its wake.....obviously you have never driven a mustang fast...their handling has been publicly lauded,,,,,even by the bias mags....