RWD Confirmed for Ford and Lincoln

having not driven the fairlane/LTD myself, I must reserve judgment until I can.

I am not terribly excited by a ZF transmission (bad taste from previous ZFs) or the overall width, or even the styling.(looks like 90's FWD continental) but the interior space is good as is the wheelbase, and available engines (if they include both engines.) I have to admit that I will assume that ford would only import the v-6, as the 5.4 would be politically incorrect in a passenger car, making bill's green friends unhappy.

Fairlane/LTD is discontinued in December, succumbing after 40 years continuous run.

FoA could not justify AUS$200 million for next model without an export contract.

This leaves open for America to design a LWB version for itself and Aus.

If they do a good enough job with the next Falcon, the Fairlane won't be missed.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, to me it read as if Aussie would build em and send em over....which DOESN"T make sense how volitile the US $ is currently....play artist "Dumb A$$ George Bush".........

Blame who you want, but I would blame Alan Greenspan long before I blame Bush.

Peace and Blessings

Blame who you want, but I would blame Alan Greenspan long before I blame Bush.

Peace and Blessings

Hey, you can't put out a wildfire with a garden hose. Just like the Bank of Canada, the Federal Reserves job is to monitor and control inflation. I don't know what their target is though. I know here is is 2%.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Hey, you can't put out a wildfire with a garden hose. Just like the Bank of Canada, the Federal Reserves job is to monitor and control inflation. I don't know what their target is though. I know here is is 2%.

Half right? ;) Monitor sure. Control? He he he!

The Feds job is to make the cartel money. Clearly they are not that concerned about Interest or Inflation, or is it that they are powerless to do anything about it and just make the cartel money while pretending to be able to do something about it.

Peace and Blessings

Half right? ;) Monitor sure. Control? He he he!

The Feds job is to make the cartel money. Clearly they are not that concerned about Interest or Inflation, or is it that they are powerless to do anything about it and just make the cartel money while pretending to be able to do something about it.

Peace and Blessings

Well, I guess I don't have much experience with your system lol. The Bank of Canada actually does a very good job of keeping inflation in check. I hope they can continue with the retirement of their current Governor.

Well, I guess I don't have much experience with your system lol. The Bank of Canada actually does a very good job of keeping inflation in check. I hope they can continue with the retirement of their current Governor.

Must be hard having a reserve bank not owned by the Government - the US that is.

US Fed system is a good ol' boys club of private company individuals that run the entire US and Western currency system. The Canadian system may be great, but it is tainted just by the fact that it must do business with the US system.

People complain that China controls and limits and guides their currency. Yet the US has been doing it for almost 100 years. Very poorly I might add. If I were King for a day and allowed and only allowed to change one system it is the very one I would change.

Peace and Blessings.

The US govt does not own the FEDs. It is a private corporation/cartel/monopoly.

Peace and Blessings

I know that, Aust. Government owns the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA).

Aus Government's total debt is now under $90 Billion - close to Ford Motor, LOL

Edited by jpd80

Anyway, back to topic, what do the Loyal used Panther owners think?

oh, and don't expect V8 to be standard [or maybe none at all] in this new RWD sedan, not with CAFE. V8's will end up reserved for trucks, Lincolns, and Stangs.

On topic...but why :P. As for the panther boys, because its not an HD car it will probably suck. Its also going to be far too modern. And no, I'm not joking. This is the response I expect.

If Ford can get enthanol or diesel V8's in the new "Falcon", that would help CAFE #'s. But I bet they will offer mainly V6's, plain and 'ecoboost'.

And before all the 'cops only want BOF' chime in, Mopar made tons of Unibody squad cars, and cops loved them.

Cops use unit body cars everywhere else too. There shouldn't be a problem. They won't have a BOF choice anyway.

If Ford can get enthanol or diesel V8's in the new "Falcon", that would help CAFE #'s. But I bet they will offer mainly V6's, plain and 'ecoboost'.

And before all the 'cops only want BOF' chime in, Mopar made tons of Unibody squad cars, and cops loved them.

Good points.

You can have a roomy RWD with power that doesn't ring alarm bells with CAFE.

That 340 hp Ecoboost becomes 400 HP for RWD applications.

FoA looking at 3.0 V6 TDI for Territory/Falcon but LPG (propane/butane) is big over here with Taxis.

It would be nice to be given the option of buying something RWD from Ford in Europe, at the moment all you get it either Hobson's Choice or a polite one fingered salute from a Ford salesman.

I don't think the hideous Interceptor would be a much of a hit in Europe though, l can't see many RWD Audi, Aston Martin, BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes & Porsche etc type drivers ever wanting to give up their cars for one, it would give them something to laugh at. If Ford are going to start using quality RWD flagship car for Europe then it's got to have that classic elegant Sophie Loren feel not an Interceptor that looks like it was designed by Frankenstein. Ford should hire Frank Stephenson for a one off classic he designs winners, it would be money well spent.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

It would be nice to be given the option of buying something RWD from Ford in Europe, at the moment all you get it either Hobson's Choice or a polite one fingered salute from a Ford salesman.

I don't think the hideous Interceptor would be a much of a hit in Europe though, l can't see many RWD Audi, Aston Martin, BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes & Porsche etc type drivers ever wanting to give up their cars for one, it would give them something to laugh at. If Ford are going to start using quality RWD flagship car for Europe then it's got to have that classic elegant Sophie Loren feel not an Interceptor that looks like it was designed by Frankenstein. Ford should hire Frank Stephenson for a one off classic he designs winners, it would be money well spent.

Jag XF....ish, suit your tastes?

Cops use unit body cars everywhere else too. There shouldn't be a problem. They won't have a BOF choice anyway.

Chrysler used to be the darling of all police depts in the USof A. They were/are unibody. When the Hudsons were cop cars, they were unibody. It's not a new technology guys...

WOW.....could that be a little more VAGUE?

New, restyled, Panther please.....

GRWD will be a new, restyled Panther. The entire structure will be all new (unit body to replace the body-on-frame) and the styling hopefully won't resemble a single thing on the Panthers aside from sharing 4 wheels. So your wish shall come true. :P