2009 Honda Pilot

smok

I am shocked at just how pathetic it is.......I mean it makes the Escape look like a master piece...........

Someone should of told Honda this isn't 1995..........................I mean come on WTF is that? A 10 year flash back?

And it is a concept, could they water it down anymore?

The interior is nice, as is expected by Honda but WTF happened to the exterior? The CR-V maybe ugly but it is original and unique design, the accord and civic I think look great and they are unique original designs...........................but this.............................this is so generic, so disproportional.....................the designers need to go back and ask their alma matars for their money back.

I don't know if I just don't get it, because looking at other sites people are praising it......am I missing something? I mean how could anybody think this is good? What am I missing?

Edited by DCK

I am shocked at just how pathetic it is.......I mean it makes the Escape look like a master piece...........

Someone should of told Honda this isn't 1995..........................I mean come on WTF is that? A 10 year flash back?

And it is a concept, could they water it down anymore?

The interior is nice, as is expected by Honda but WTF happened to the exterior? The CR-V maybe ugly but it is original and unique design, the accord and civic I think look great and they are unique original designs...........................but this.............................this is so generic, so disproportional.....................the designers need to go back and ask their alma matars for their money back.

I don't know if I just don't get it, because looking at other sites people are praising it......am I missing something? I mean how could anybody think this is good? What am I missing?

Put this thing next to Ridgeline, and you have some of the ugliest exterior designs available today....I don't get it, this is best Honda could come up with?....., and like DCK said this is not 1995. I do see some of the old Saturn Vue and the some jeep boxiness.....But it doesn't work for me at all.

It doesn't matter what it looks like. Because of the "H" in the grille, and the statement below, it will sell.

A V6 remains under the hood and it will be equipped with the newest variation of the company's cylinder deactivation system--it is capable of running on six or three cylinders, but also adds a four-cylinder mode.

I think it's hideous.

I don't know who's been put in charge of Honda/Acura design inside and out, but Honda's design's have gone all over the place. There's no "design" to them they seem like a bunch of random cues glued together. Some may say that about recent Ford designs, but I disagree.

I prefer the current Pilot.

Edited by rmc523

It looks very Jeep Liberty-ish. If the next Explorer looks anything like the concept, Ford will have nothing to worry about from the Pilot

I was thinking that too as I looked at the pictures. Does the vehicle look smaller than the current one to any of you?

I agree with you about the Explorer comment.

Edited by rmc523

Yep...Only domestics get killed for style. Imports, especially Honda & Toyota have a free pass when it comes to ugliness. It reminds me of a political conversation I had with a group of people in college, when a man suggested the easiest way of political reform was to eliminate the party designation on voting ballots. This way, people can't just vote political parties; they actually have to vote on the person and ideas. That stirred up a massive sh*t storm in the classroom...Bcause all people wanted was being able to easily check off the candidates by political parties only without consideration of the person.

Honda is sort of like that. As long as you have that H in front, people will buy it no matter how ugly or if the competition acutally offers a better vehicle.

It doesn't matter what it looks like. Because of the "H" in the grille, and the statement below, it will sell.

it's just another boring suv update. people may not like some of the crazy concepts that are showing up lately, but at least companies and designers are throwing out some ideas with passion.

honda makes great vehicles, but they need some asthetic passion to go along with their engineering passion. it will sell because it's a honda and they have a deserved reputation for quality, but it would sell better if they could appeal to the imagination more.