Raptor caught naked....Or so they think...

P71_CrownVic

w_raptor_bw_feb08_priddy1_4.jpg

We've got to give the folks at Ford credit for the camoflague (or lack thereof) they've used to conceal the newest mule for the F150-based "Raptor" pickup. Despite the artfully placed stickers on the windows and bumper, nothing can draw attention away from the massively flared wheel arches and lifted ride-height of the off-road mule.

According to a report from Pickuptruck.com, the four-wheeled titan will be sporting a Fox Racing-tuned suspension, 35-inch tires and possibly a supercharged V8 pulled from the upcoming Boss Mustang when it's unveiled in the next year or two.

AB

Pics

All it needs is the balls that hang from the hitch and you have the perfect redneck truck.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do we know its not some guy that decided to mod his current f150 to have the big fender flares? the guys out on the west coast do it all the time...

Because those pictures were taken on Oakwood Blvd?

It's not like the Ford Proving Grounds are on the other side of those walls or anything.

They should have added the sticker of Calvin pissing on a bow-tie for the full effect.

I like this one better...

car-toyota.jpg

It's probably a mule (which is most likely given it's location & lack of license plate). Did anyone notice the mismatch of 08 & 09 parts? It has an 09 tailgate with an 08 F150 badge.

car-toyota.jpg

It's probably a mule (which is most likely given it's location & lack of license plate). Did anyone notice the mismatch of 08 & 09 parts? It has an 09 tailgate with an 08 F150 badge.

No it has the current gen tailgate. The '09 has three indented character lines one at the the top of the taillight, one in the middle at the reverse light and one at the bottom of the taillight.

As well as a molded lip spoiler at the top of the tailgate.

All it needs is the balls that hang from the hitch and you have the perfect redneck truck.

Boy, you really get off on this stuff, don't you?

I like it, I think primarily because P71CrownSchtick doesn't like it. This thing will absolutely be a winner for Ford, just like other things that are coming, whether you can accept it or not.

And, on the subject of things that are coming (and personally I couldn't be happier)...

crushed.jpg

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

car-toyota.jpg

Are we looking at the same pictures? I don't see an 09 tailgate.

No. We don't have license plates either. Are you that thick?

Ok. So everyone has stock vehicles with and you never see anyone without a plate?

I don't know what you're problem is, but it was a legitimate question considering it looks like a complete hack job someone would do in their driveway.

And maybe I missed it, but how exactly am I supposed to know what street that is?

Edited by Captainp4

Boy, you really get off on this stuff, don't you?

I like it, I think primarily because P71CrownSchtick doesn't like it. This thing will absolutely be a winner for Ford, just like other things that are coming, whether you can accept it or not.

And, on the subject of things that are coming (and personally I couldn't be happier)...

crushed.jpg

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Show me again where I said I didn't like it???

Sweet pic BTW.

The only thing I don't get is 4 wheeling a brand new truck. I'm sure that the F-150 Raptor will cost a pretty penny and I sure as hell wouldn't want to get my brand new truck all banged/scratched up by taking it off roading just after I bought it...

Most people wouldn't, but plenty of people buy brand new trucks and modify them with off-road suspensions right away. May as well take out that step for the consumer and give them what they want right up front.