Adjusted Mkt Value... (AMV) What a RIPPOFF/JOKE

01FOCI

Ok so I took my old 95' CVPI to get the wiring harness with the fuse in it for the CC, while waiting I walked around the lot to look at the Foci up close and then the Fusions, Rangers etc... What the HELL do these RETARDED dealers think they are doing? Marking up every vehicle on the lot 1500.00 for AMV, Do they really THINK someone is going to buy Ranger 4x4 fx4 with a 1500.00 tacked on? Its not like the things are flying off lots. One "loaded" coupe foci was at nearly 22K, umm ya I'm not going to pay 22K for a Focus...The focus is reportedly selling well so its perhaps justified. But the Ranger? Dick Mackenzie Ford (Hillsboro,OR) needs to have a realty check. Oh and Doherty Ford (Forest Grove, OR) your idiots too! They have ~3k markup... Its not a wonder that both used lots have grown over the last few years. Its not like they are loosing money at selling vehicles at MSRP for frack sake. Its not wonder the majority of Ford Sales are going down, who wants to go in and haggle down a ranger so one can merely pay MSRP. :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :banghead:

Edited by 01FOCI

Ok so I took my old 95' CVPI to get the wiring harness with the fuse in it for the CC, while waiting I walked around the lot to look at the Foci up close and then the Fusions, Rangers etc... What the HELL do these RETARDED dealers think they are doing? Marking up every vehicle on the lot 1500.00 for AMV, Do they really THINK someone is going to buy Ranger 4x4 fx4 with a 1500.00 tacked on? Its not like the things are flying off lots. One "loaded" coupe foci was at nearly 22K, umm ya I'm not going to pay 22K for a Focus...The focus is reportedly selling well so its perhaps justified. But the Ranger? Dick Mackenzie Ford (Hillsboro,OR) needs to have a realty check. Oh and Doherty Ford (Forest Grove, OR) your idiots too! They have ~3k markup... Its not a wonder that both used lots have grown over the last few years. Its not like they are loosing money at selling vehicles at MSRP for frack sake. Its not wonder the majority of Ford Sales are going down, who wants to go in and haggle down a ranger so one can merely pay MSRP. :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :banghead:

Whenever you see an extra window sticker with an adjusted market value then you just need to run and find another dealer who does not resort to those greedy tactics. No dealer is doing any of us a favor selling us a car. If they cannot work down from MSRP then the do not deserve your business.

almost all dealers have amv's on the window. aka local dealer charge. at landmark, down the road from you, we have 999.00 on all of our cars.

if someone wants to haggle it comes down pretty quick.

the extra charge is basically to make up for filling the tank and cleaning the car and insuring it to sit on the lot.

Edited by blazerdude20

almost all dealers have amv's on the window. aka local dealer charge. at landmark, down the road from you, we have 999.00 on all of our cars.

if someone wants to haggle it comes down pretty quick.

the extra charge is basically to make up for filling the tank and cleaning the car and insuring it to sit on the lot.

We can thank all you big greedy urban dealers for turning the rest of the last honest dealers into greedy pigs. I would have issues paying MSRP for a Ranger let alone 999.00 over sticker. If your dealership cannot make money of of just MSRP on the vehicles they sell than they need to reevaluate their business model and fire the guy who decided to use the AMV approach. I bought my 01' Foci ZX3 (loaded)from Mackenzie new in 01' and did not pay MSRP it stickered for $16K and I payed 13.5K. I do not recall them having AMV at the time.

I have never paid above MSRP. Not even for my Shelby (it took a full year of haggling) and I would certainly not entertain any idea of an AMV on a Ranger, what kind drugs is the dealership on.

DSCF0581.jpg

Doherty Ford has GT500 and its way marked up like ~10K or something ridiculous like that, complete with "sticker" racing stripes. Nice car but crap can they not paint the frackin racing stripes?. Oh and LOVE your orange shelby. VERY NICE!!!

I had a good arguement with Dean over the pricing on the Shelby GT500. From the arguement I took that the dealers don't take the hit on retail pricing, they expect the manufacturers to worry about volume by offering bigger rebates and incentives so that they can get the margins they demand when selling at the list price. I got the gist of your post without knowing what the acronym AMV stands for. It sounds like something they created to jutify a mark-up above MSRP. The focus has not and never will be more than a $10,000 car to me.

We can thank all you big greedy urban dealers for turning the rest of the last honest dealers into greedy pigs. I would have issues paying MSRP for a Ranger let alone 999.00 over sticker. If your dealership cannot make money of of just MSRP on the vehicles they sell than they need to reevaluate their business model and fire the guy who decided to use the AMV approach. I bought my 01' Foci ZX3 (loaded)from Mackenzie new in 01' and did not pay MSRP it stickered for $16K and I payed 13.5K. I do not recall them having AMV at the time.

the business model is to sell a brand new car at basically cost. Money is made from used and service. But you need the new cars to get people in for the other 2. Kind of like a grocery store selling milk, eggs and bread at cost so you will buy the more expensive items when you are in there.

If no one buys the Ranger with the AMV, there will be a garage bay empty. Pretty short-sighted.

I really don't see how it matters what they put on the window. Besides....it's their car to do with as they wish. It's also their business to run as they wish.

If they can get a couple suckers to pay it, more power to them. It's not a rip off unless you are forced at gun point to pay it.

I really don't see how it matters what they put on the window. Besides....it's their car to do with as they wish. It's also their business to run as they wish.

If they can get a couple suckers to pay it, more power to them. It's not a rip off unless you are forced at gun point to pay it.

It may be their hunk of metal, plastic and fabric but the name on the front and rear is not theirs and I feel like they are representing Ford like a bunch of sleazy scum bags willing to do anything to make a buck. Around here in the Portland Oregon metro area, the Toyota dealers are falling all over themselves to show how nice and unpressured they are with the lowest price you can find, couple this with the barrage of national toyo ads, who would want to step foot on a Ford lot.

Oh and AMV= Adjusted Market Value like it says in the title.

It may be their hunk of metal, plastic and fabric but the name on the front and rear is not theirs and I feel like they are representing Ford like a bunch of sleazy scum bags willing to do anything to make a buck. Around here in the Portland Oregon metro area, the Toyota dealers are falling all over themselves to show how nice and unpressured they are with the lowest price you can find, couple this with the barrage of national toyo ads, who would want to step foot on a Ford lot.

Oh and AMV= Adjusted Market Value like it says in the title.

i agree its bad representation of ford. and the toyo ads, i cant stand that wilsonville no bull slogan. :redcard: its total bs

What happened to fair traded products. You know products where the manufacturers set the retail pricing! You should be able to go to any car dealer and pay the same price, not having dealers conspiring locally or regionally to set their pricing at X amount of dollars above MSRP! Hell yeah it makes us look bad!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Every reasonably well informed member on this forum can get a pin number for X plan pricing on any Ford, Mazda, Volvo, etc product (exceptions GT 500, Bullitt, and maybe a few others) and get same price as anyone else. No haggling clean simple deal. No surprises. Also with Ford looking over the deal to make sure it adheres to X plan pricing rules. It's the only way to go for non employees.

Just sell your trade in yourself for private party price....or make sure you get fair wholesale price if you trade it in.

Edited by Ralph Greene

Every reasonably well informed member on this forum can get a pin number for X plan pricing on any Ford, Mazda, Volvo, etc product (exceptions GT 500, Bullitt, and maybe a few others) and get same price as anyone else. No haggling clean simple deal. No surprises. Also with Ford looking over the deal to make sure it adheres to X plan pricing rules. It's the only way to go for non employees.

Just sell your trade in yourself for private party price....or make sure you get fair wholesale price if you trade it in.

Wile I do agree that is their best change to get nearly the same price from dealer to deal it is not full proof. I've been told 1,000's of times that if you use a Plan PIN the price is the same from dealer to dealer. This is a myth I speced my Fusion at three different dealers and got three different prices, Mullinax Ford was hiding the most rebates and incentives from me. Also dealers refuse to plan hot ticket items like the Shelby!

As they should. If they can make more money off of it and sell every one of them, there is no reason to sell on the plan.

I'm not on that arguement anymore, I'm saying X-Plan pricing is not full proof. One should find out exactly what factory to dealer incentives are offered before going to the dealer. Knowing this keeps them from hiding the additional savings that you are due on an A/X/Z Plan transaction!

I'm not on that arguement anymore, I'm saying X-Plan pricing is not full proof. One should find out exactly what factory to dealer incentives are offered before going to the dealer. Knowing this keeps them from hiding the additional savings that you are due on an A/X/Z Plan transaction!

Dealers are prohibited by Ford from "hiding" any incentives from you. Remember the X plan admins check each deal to make sure the dealer is adhering to the rules and if they don't then they lose their commission check and could lost the privilege to participate in the plan.

In most cases they're trying to get you to buy without a PIN so they can add fees and keep rebates. The X plan price is the same no matter where you go, including rebates. Doesn't matter what they told you over the phone - it's what goes into the system that counts.

In most cases they're trying to get you to buy without a PIN so they can add fees and keep rebates. The X plan price is the same no matter where you go, including rebates. Doesn't matter what they told you over the phone - it's what goes into the system that counts.

I'm telling you that I have heard this said many times. When I bought my Fusion initially and without a trade. I took the options book and built the same vehicle while sitting in three different dealerships, and got three different prices. Mullinax was the worst offender, they where hiding a $500.00 rebate for financing through Ford Motor Credit. In addition they were adding the cost of an extended warranty after I told them I did not want it! If you don't believe me do the same, and you will find out the price is not the same from dealer to dealer on planned transaction! I imagine Mullinax was tacking on the additional cost to increase their margins, while they had every intention on redeeming them from Ford!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I'm telling you that I have heard this said many times. When I bought my Fusion initially and without a trade. I took the options book and built the same vehicle while sitting in three different dealerships, and got three different prices. Mullinax was the worst offender, they where hiding a $500.00 rebate for financing through Ford Motor Credit. In addition they were adding the cost of an extended warranty after I told them I did not want it! If you don't believe me do the same, and you will find out the price is not the same from dealer to dealer on planned transaction! I imagine Mullinax was tacking on the additional cost to increase their margins, while they had every intention on redeeming them from Ford!

Try to pay attention. I did not say that some dealers would not TRY to do that. What I said was when the paperwork actually went through on a X plan sale that they would be called to the carpet by the X plan admins. They're not allowed to keep any rebates or charge you for accessories or options that you don't want.

Regardless of the quoted price, your out the door price on a X plan sale will be the same at any dealer. It's only different it you allow it to be different.

Try to pay attention. I did not say that some dealers would not TRY to do that. What I said was when the paperwork actually went through on a X plan sale that they would be called to the carpet by the X plan admins. They're not allowed to keep any rebates or charge you for accessories or options that you don't want.

Regardless of the quoted price, your out the door price on a X plan sale will be the same at any dealer. It's only different it you allow it to be different.

This is how I determined what dealer to buy from, and I will do the same on my next purchase so I'm not lured into a false sense of security with the dealer I bought from previously!

The X-Y-A $$%$*%*@ (KY-jelly ??) Plan is GREAT for us FORD ENTHUSIASTS, however for all those conquest sales Ford must have to actually gain market share and become profitable is not going to happen as quickly or at all if this dealer BS continues to happen year after year. Ford is going to have to put the coals to the dealer associations feet and tell them to get there act together or send them packing there bags cause I for one am sick of it, I know Ford tried something is the past with the blue oval cert program or whatever it was and remember all the dealer employees on here ripping Ford a new one for making them do there jobs ethically.

I am also sick of the toyo willsonville ads, not to mention the shmuck from Gresham I think. And don't forget BROADWAY TOYOTA IS THE ONLY WAY!!! :chairshot:

I find it amusing that people refuse to pay above MSRP for a car, or think the dealer is trying to rip them off somehow if they do. Let's break it down here...

What is MSRP? It's what the MANUFACTURER SUGGESTS the car MIGHT be worth at a retail level. There's nothing in stone here, folks. If the vehicle is hot, it MIGHT be worth more, no? After all, if some people weren't paying the markups, dealers wouldn't use them. Law of Supply and Demand.

And why is it that dealers are CROOKS if they try to sell ABOVE what the manufacturer suggests, but the consumer EXPECTS to pay LESS than what the manufacturer suggests? Sure, we all like getting a deal, but to EXPECT a deal is laughable.

I find it amusing that people refuse to pay above MSRP for a car, or think the dealer is trying to rip them off somehow if they do. Let's break it down here...

What is MSRP? It's what the MANUFACTURER SUGGESTS the car MIGHT be worth at a retail level. There's nothing in stone here, folks. If the vehicle is hot, it MIGHT be worth more, no? After all, if some people weren't paying the markups, dealers wouldn't use them. Law of Supply and Demand.

And why is it that dealers are CROOKS if they try to sell ABOVE what the manufacturer suggests, but the consumer EXPECTS to pay LESS than what the manufacturer suggests? Sure, we all like getting a deal, but to EXPECT a deal is laughable.

as a rule, MSRP will be the highest price you pay. You see an MSRP and the retailer sells for lower. It's the way people have become accustomed to shopping. There is an inherent insult in the price being higher to the average person.