Who took our country away from us?

mrballsonya

Who took our Country away from us?

Who, and or what entity is to blame? You can make arguments for many singular instances, such as.. 9/11, "the war on Terror", tax cuts in the midst of a war, unfair trade agreements, foreign currency manipulation, the Sub-prime lending collapse, high gas prices, or even faceless corporate greed..... these are but a few of the countless contributors to the current decline of our country.

So, to whom should we direct our angst?

I believe there is one common denominator in this contrived equation. To me, it seems that all of the aforementioned problems, could've been and should've been addressed and or solved by our elected officials. You remember, those men and women that the MAJORITY of us voted into office, the very same ones that should be looking out for our best interests. Unfortunately for me and you, as normal tax paying citizens (voters), Corporations hold a lot more clout in Washington than us.

We as a Nation, have allowed a governmental system that essentially casts a blind eye to legalized bribery (P.A.C. contributions). U.S. citizens just can't compete with rich corporations when it comes to political "Donations". We can't afford to send "lobbyists" with a satchel full of money every time a proposal comes up that might effect us. We must stand idly by, as every new senator or new house rep gets thrown into the same perverse, corrupt, flawed system. Decisions have been made, and will continue to be made in the best interest of corporations.....and not the American people. Until we as a people get really angry, this same system will perpetuate and essentially return to the basic Feudal system of the dark ages. Get out your history books. We as the majority(peasants, farmers, slaves) will serve the Lords(Governments, Corporations), who will serve the King (President).

As ironic as it might sound... your DEM or REP vote means nothing. Why is this? Because it doesn't matter who you send to Washington, DEM or REP, they eventually will become corrupted by the system. As soon as they hit the Beltway, they'll stop looking out for our best interests, and start looking out for theirs. I don't blame them, everyone knows that greed and power consumes. It's been this way since the dawn of time.

So who do I blame? I blame Us. Thats right. You, me and the rest of our 300,000,000 countrymen. We have became utterly complacent, we no longer organize and protest. We no longer get angry. We no longer question bad leadership. Essentially we've taken for granted all the rights that our forefathers fought for. We have become a Totalitarian, faux Democratic society. A society in which we're so busy working, that we don't seem to care whats going on.

Tell me, whats the use in voting, if the same person with a different face gets elected every time? We need Change. Drastic Change. Revolutionary change.

How many of you are happier now, than you were 10 years ago? How many of you believe that our Country is progressing and not regressing? How many of you feel that your children will have a better quality of life than you? If you answered yes to any of those questions, than you are by far the minority, and must be part of the ruling 5%.

The Ruling 5%, whats that? That's the portion of our society that has invented something, discovered something, exploited someone, or is the heir to someone that has done these previous deeds. As a capitalistic society, these behaviors have to be examined, admired, and propagated. We have to make sure that every working class grunt has this same motivation, no matter how false it may be. Otherwise this 19th century, Gold rush/lottery, Pipe dream mentality will be dissolved, and our whole capitalistic belief system and work ethic would be decimated. If peasants don't think that if they work hard, they'll get a better life, then they won't work hard and they won't think outside the box. This is the whole beauty of capitalism, and catholicism for that matter, any average sinner can achieve and succeed. This is the capitalistic, catholic way.

Our Country is severely broken, and desperately needs fixing. Our Country has way to many problems for one singular man or woman to solve. To think that a different President elect, will solve all our problems, is to be naive. All we can hope for, is an uprising and overthrow. I know this sounds extremely drastic, but in my mind it's the only way to take our country back from our Corporate controlled government.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Edited by mrballsonya

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who, and or what entity is to blame? You can make arguments for many singular instances, such as.. 9/11, "the war on Terror", tax cuts in the midst of a war, unfair trade agreements, foreign currency manipulation, the Sub-prime lending collapse, high gas prices, or even faceless corporate greed..... these are but a few of the countless contributors to the current decline of our country.

So, to whom should we direct our angst?

I believe there is one common denominator in this contrived equation. To me, it seems that all of the aforementioned problems, could've been and should've been addressed and or solved by our elected officials. You remember, those men and women that the MAJORITY of us voted into office, the very same ones that should be looking out for our best interests. Unfortunately for me and you, as normal tax paying citizens (voters), Corporations hold a lot more clout in Washington than us.

We as a Nation, have allowed a governmental system that essentially casts a blind eye to legalized bribery (P.A.C. contributions). U.S. citizens just can't compete with rich corporations when it comes to political "Donations". We can't afford to send "lobbyists" with a satchel full of money every time a proposal comes up that might effect us. We must stand idly by, as every new senator or new house rep gets thrown into the same perverse, corrupt, flawed system. Decisions have been made, and will continue to be made in the best interest of corporations.....and not the American people. Until we as a people get really angry, this same system will perpetuate and essentially return to the basic Feudal system of the dark ages. Get out your history books. We as the majority(peasants, farmers, slaves) will serve the Lords(Governments, Corporations), who will serve the King (President).

As ironic as it might sound... your DEM or REP vote means nothing. Why is this? Because it doesn't matter who you send to Washington, DEM or REP, they eventually will become corrupted by the system. As soon as they hit the Beltway, they'll stop looking out for our best interests, and start looking out for theirs. I don't blame them, everyone knows that greed and power consumes. It's been this way since the dawn of time.

So who do I blame? I blame Us. Thats right. You, me and the rest of our 300,000,000 countrymen. We have became utterly complacent, we no longer organize and protest. We no longer get angry. We no longer question bad leadership. Essentially we've taken for granted all the rights that our forefathers fought for. We have become a Totalitarian, faux Democratic society. A society in which we're so busy working, that we don't seem to care whats going on.

Tell me, whats the use in voting, if the same person with a different face gets elected every time? We need Change. Drastic Change. Revolutionary change.

How many of you are happier now, than you were 10 years ago? How many of you believe that our Country is progressing and not regressing? How many of you feel that your children will have a better quality of life than you? If you answered yes to any of those questions, than you are by far the minority, and must be part of the ruling 5%.

The Ruling 5%, whats that? That's the portion of our society that has invented something, discovered something, exploited someone, or is the heir to someone that has done these previous deeds. As a capitalistic society, these behaviors have to be examined, admired, and propagated. We have to make sure that every working class grunt has this same motivation, no matter how false it may be. Otherwise this 19th century, Gold rush/lottery, Pipe dream mentality will be dissolved, and our whole capitalistic belief system and work ethic would be decimated. If peasants don't think that if they work hard, they'll get a better life, then they won't work hard and they won't think outside the box. This is the whole beauty of capitalism, and catholicism for that matter, any average sinner can achieve and succeed. This is the capitalistic, catholic way.

Our Country is severely broken, and desperately needs fixing. Our Country has way to many problems for one singular man or woman to solve. To think that a different President elect, will solve all our problems, is to be naive. All we can hope for, is an uprising and overthrow. I know this sounds extremely drastic, but in my mind it's the only way to take our country back from our Corporate controlled government.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Yeah, it's a bit depressing. Our country is on the fast track to oblivion, and no one seems to care, or for that matter even aware. The war is costing three trillion dollars and everyone just shrugs. The Defense department awards the French a hundred billion dollar contract, inevitably laying off thousands of Boeing workers, all while we are slipping into a recession, and everyone just shrugs. If that happened in West Europe, the streets would be filled with protesters.

Yeah, it's a bit depressing. Our country is on the fast track to oblivion, and no one seems to care, or for that matter even aware. The war is costing three trillion dollars and everyone just shrugs. The Defense department awards the French a hundred billion dollar contract, inevitably laying off thousands of Boeing workers, all while we are slipping into a recession, and everyone just shrugs. If that happened in West Europe, the streets would be filled with protesters.

As long as the rich republicans can keep the average people arguing amongst themselves then this country will never recover. It is the unions workers against the non-union workers instead of all workers standing together as one and demanding better. The rich people are sticking together and we are stabbing each other in the back. How do we get every one to stand together and fight to get the country we used have, back? We need a nationwide strike and we need to simply stop buying products made in other countries, that used to be made here. But the American people would never stick together and make huge sacrafices for the good of the country. I am afraid that we will never see the standard of living for the middle class return unless we demand that it be returned.

The problem with government is that there is too much of it. Every time a new law or regulation is enacted, or taxes are increased, we lose a little bit of freedom. Small businesses cannot afford to jump through all of these hoops set by the government, so we end up with large conglomerates. People who see more regulation and taxes as the solution are wrong. They are playing into the hands of the would-be tyrants and mega-corporations. The solution is to do away with unnecessary laws and regulations and government institutions, and allowing people to keep their own money by cutting taxes. Take away the incentive for corruption. If we are forced to be more self-reliant, we will be better people.

We need a strong military because the enemy is at our gates. Much money could be saved here by forming more militiae and having regular neighbourhood training exercises. Teach every person military techniques and have weapons close at hand for them. Instead of having so many professional troops, we could have tens of millions of trained unpaid civilians that could be called up. The professionals would be officers. That is what Germany had after WWI. They were limited to 100,000 troops, so they trained 100,000 officers. A similar structure in the US would be invincible. The military, as it is, is just another fat money sucking beaurocracy. We need to get mean and lean just like our fighting men and women.

As long as the rich republicans can keep the average people arguing amongst themselves then this country will never recover. It is the unions workers against the non-union workers instead of all workers standing together as one and demanding better. The rich people are sticking together and we are stabbing each other in the back. How do we get every one to stand together and fight to get the country we used have, back? We need a nationwide strike and we need to simply stop buying products made in other countries, that used to be made here. But the American people would never stick together and make huge sacrafices for the good of the country. I am afraid that we will never see the standard of living for the middle class return unless we demand that it be returned.

There are rich people in all political parties. They have one thing in common though,they are always looking at the big picture to plan for life's unone problems that could arise at any time.

Going on strike doesn't improve ones lot in life.Getting better eduction through either a college degree,learning a new skill,or starting a small business on the side is how you start. The truly rich as you call them are not the ones that are in the media,but the ones you will never meet or hear about. They support there community organizations and churches. Pick up a copy of a book called MILLIONAIRE NEXT DOOR,and find out who really makes this country work. Turn on the radio and listen to the DAVE RAMSEY SHOW,he also has his own website. I have been doing what Dave Ramsey says for many years before i ever heard about him.

I remember that he said one day on his show about the presidential race between Bush and Kerry,that who ever won would have about a 2% effect on your personal financial problems. The other 98% was the person staring back at you in the mirror.

I have thought about this in great detail, and it's really amazing, in just how fucking dumb the vast majority of the population is. I don't want to be insulting, but that's just the reality of it. I mean it's always been like that to some extent, and it's the reason why our forefathers chose a representative democracy, so as "mob rule" could be avoided.

You would think with the advent of the Internet and all the subsequent information that became available, it would have been a source of enlightenment. The problem is, at least how I see it, is that there is a lot of information, but the vast majority of folks are only looking at information that supports their views, not unbiased information, or some combination thereof. The bottom line is, we were probably better off as a country when the "evening news" or the papers were the main source of information. At least the news was somewhat unbiased.

Not long ago, extreme views on our airwaves was not heard often, for we used to have the "Fairness Doctrine". Most can probably remember that when organizations offered their viewpoint on the TV or Radio, they had to offer an opposing viewpoint. That is until the law was revoked and we had this rise of extreme views on the airwaves; hence, all the subsequent polarization. That is what I believe to be the biggest reason why we are in the fix we are in now, folks don't get or want opposing viewpoints. They get one side of the argument, and that's all they want or look for. When questioned as to WHY they believe as they do, they really have no idea and think you foolish for asking. Really, it's all rather remarkable.

There are rich people in all political parties. They have one thing in common though,they are always looking at the big picture to plan for life's unone problems that could arise at any time.

Going on strike doesn't improve ones lot in life.Getting better eduction through either a college degree,learning a new skill,or starting a small business on the side is how you start. The truly rich as you call them are not the ones that are in the media,but the ones you will never meet or hear about. They support there community organizations and churches. Pick up a copy of a book called MILLIONAIRE NEXT DOOR,and find out who really makes this country work. Turn on the radio and listen to the DAVE RAMSEY SHOW,he also has his own website. I have been doing what Dave Ramsey says for many years before i ever heard about him.

I remember that he said one day on his show about the presidential race between Bush and Kerry,that who ever won would have about a 2% effect on your personal financial problems. The other 98% was the person staring back at you in the mirror.

RC38,

What you have said is so true. Were it not for the fact that people buy into some craziness like this, they probably would understand the concept.

And as far as Trims assertion of regulations, he has spoken a truth that many of these people fail to see. Government policys of regulation PROMOTE the conglomerates because they can spread the cost of compliance among huge inventories where as a small business can not. Exactly what some of these people clamor for gives corporations like Walmart, and other huge corporations such an advantage, it almost allows them to obliterate the small competition leaving them with a virtual monopoly.

I would like to point out ONE ridiculous LOCAL regulation that screws EVERYONE, everyday. THE LOCAL EPA's and their formulations.

Local EPA's dictate to the refinerys what percentage of each additive goes into your gasoline. If you think there is only 2 formulations; one for California, and one for the rest of us, you are sadly mistaken. Belive it or not, there is between 30 and 100 different formulations spread throughout this country, and gasoline produced for Chicago can not be sold in St Louis. In fact, it more than likely can't be sold in Champaign Illinois, lololol.

To make all these different formulations for the GODS of local EPA's, our refinerys sit IDLE virtually 20% of the time while they change formulations for the different areas. This is why taking local taxes out, you may see huge swings between markets not that far apart. A refinery may have overestimated the amount of gas one area may need and produced to much, causing a glut. On the other hand if they underestimated, you have a shortage causing prices to rise. Thanks to the GODS of the local EPA's, one areas gas can not be sold in another. Of course, if you are going to vacation there and spend cash, they have no problem with you filling up on fuel they don't like, and spewing it into their areas.

As the topic starter proclaimed: we have done this to ourselves, and most people do not even know about the ins and outs of what is actually going on with many industrys, the (in many cases) over zealous regulation they face, and what it actually ends up costing you the consumer as far as price point when you purchase it.

How many Americans do you think would agree to so many different formulations causing shortages, and price hikes to boot if they actually knew what is going on? Not many I bet, lolol, especially when they are paying over 3 bucks a gallon and going higher.

The vocal minority has gotten us into many of these problems because most of us are to busy trying to make a living to go to Washington and bitch as a group. We don't have people on OUR payrolls to lobby for dizzy rules, and when they pass, we aren't even aware of what they all really mean until it is to late.

Again, the original poster has said it best-------->we have done this to ourselves, basically because we don't pay attention; and even for those that do, the regulations are written in lawyer speak, who the heck knows what they mean.

I guess my point is-------------->Walmart and other companys are here and in power because..............we turned our backs long enough (a very long time I might add) for the government to regulate them to victory.

Good luck on trying to unring that bell guys. I wish ya luck!!!!! Hell, I can't even get anyone to listen about screaming in an attempt to get rid of excess formulations for gasoline when it is pushing 4 bucks, so I seriously doubt anyone is going to listen to the truth about anything else.

I have thought about this in great detail, and it's really amazing, in just how fucking dumb the vast majority of the population is. I don't want to be insulting, but that's just the reality of it. I mean it's always been like that to some extent, and it's the reason why our forefathers chose a representative democracy, so as "mob rule" could be avoided.

You would think with the advent of the Internet and all the subsequent information that became available, it would have been a source of enlightenment. The problem is, at least how I see it, is that there is a lot of information, but the vast majority of folks are only looking at information that supports their views, not unbiased information, or some combination thereof. The bottom line is, we were probably better off as a country when the "evening news" or the papers were the main source of information. At least the news was somewhat unbiased.

Not long ago, extreme views on our airwaves was not heard often, for we used to have the "Fairness Doctrine". Most can probably remember that when organizations offered their viewpoint on the TV or Radio, they had to offer an opposing viewpoint. That is until the law was revoked and we had this rise of extreme views on the airwaves; hence, all the subsequent polarization. That is what I believe to be the biggest reason why we are in the fix we are in now, folks don't get or want opposing viewpoints. They get one side of the argument, and that's all they want or look for. When questioned as to WHY they believe as they do, they really have no idea and think you foolish for asking. Really, it's all rather remarkable.

Actually a Republic is what they intended. They often spoke in fear of democracy saying it would lead to where we are.

Now as far as I can see with our scources of information(news) it started to decline with government regulations during Clinton (I believe). Look deep into where all our information comes from, about 5 to 7 main owners. You and I and for that matter even IMA can't start a news agency that brings you the real news. We are priced out of it from government regulations that are costly.

well,do you think that all rich people are republicans???are all oil people republicans? the kennedies have massive oil holdings.that always amazes me:"what do you expect,we have an oil man as president".john kerry owns lots of oil too,they all do.its a good investment.

we dont need a national strike.we need to all go back to work,the opposite of a strike.we do need to stick together and buy american. we do need to make sacrafices.we need to go to wal-mart,pick out a product,take it to the register and explain to the clerk"if this was made in the u.s. i would buy it" and leave it sit there.we will also have to be willing to pay more,at least for a while,and that is where it breaks down.too many people wont.

we arent victims,what our counrty has become is no more or less than what we have made it,my friend.we can do much better. its questionable if we will or not.

we have met the enemy . . and it is US

Ding! Ding!! Ding!!! We have a real winner here! Never were the words of truth spoken by many, but only by a few of us. Better watch your ass, Harry, some of the crybabies in the plants and here on the BON are going to tell the company and union on you........ :cry::cry::cry::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

We as a Nation, have allowed a governmental system that essentially casts a blind eye to legalized bribery (P.A.C. contributions). U.S. citizens just can't compete with rich corporations when it comes to political "Donations". We can't afford to send "lobbyists" with a satchel full of money every time a proposal comes up that might effect us. We must stand idly by, as every new senator or new house rep gets thrown into the same perverse, corrupt, flawed system. Decisions have been made, and will continue to be made in the best interest of corporations.....and not the American people. Until we as a people get really angry, this same system will perpetuate and essentially return to the basic Feudal system of the dark ages. Get out your history books.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Excellent post mbonya...kind of hard for the concerned citizenry to have a voice on the Hill. Unless you have extremely deep pockets. Both sides of the aisle have failed the very people they were elected to "represent". Our forefathers must be spinning in thier respective graves. I doubt this is what they had in mind.

Just a few nuggets as an example of the abuse of "earmarks" from our Presidents latest budget proposal:

-$800,000 for the Neosho National Fish Hatchery in Missouri

-$1.5 million for a waterway named in honor of former Senator J. Bennett Johnston, a Louisiana Democrat.

-$894,000 for an air traffic control tower in Kalamazoo, Mich.

-$12 million for a parachute repair shop at the American air base in Aviano, Italy

-$6.5 million for research in Wyoming on the “fundamental properties of asphalt.”

-$3 million for a forest conservation project in Minnesota

-$2.1 million for a neutrino detector at the South Pole

Yep...our tax dollars being pissed away. Ya gotta love it!

Excellent post mbonya...kind of hard for the concerned citizenry to have a voice on the Hill. Unless you have extremely deep pockets. Both sides of the aisle have failed the very people they were elected to "represent". Our forefathers must be spinning in thier respective graves. I doubt this is what they had in mind. ....

Thanks, I felt very impassioned yesterday. I'm so tired of hearing bad news.

We have to start organizing all the people that have been disenfranchised by our current governmental system.

This is OUR Country not the Corporations.

Thanks, I felt very impassioned yesterday. I'm so tired of hearing bad news.

We have to start organizing all the people that have been disenfranchised by our current governmental system.

This is OUR Country not the Corporations.

But the banks are running it

The powers of financial capitalism had (a) far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world.

Carroll Quigley

Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws.

Mayer Amschel Rothschild

As long as the rich republicans can keep the average people arguing amongst themselves then this country will never recover.

what about those Democrats like Shillary that sit on the Wal-Mart Board? You know Wal-Mart? The place that basically shut down American manufacturing and bought everything from China. Selling stuff so cheap that every other retailer had to do the same thing.

The we can blame comsumners that won't pay more to have "made in America" products.

People have sold their own jobs down the river buy buying from China to save a buck.

Where to start?

I think that it all boils down to lack of leadership. The US is more attracted to the celeberty politicians and CEOs in place of people who know how to lead. It seems that the power structure in this country- the Fortune 500 CEOs, governors, state and federal legislators- are all a bucket of garbage that is is constantly being churned, scooped out, and sold to us as a jelly donut. Looks good on the outside, but horrible on the inside.

At this point, I do not know what it is going to take to change things.

Excellent post mbonya...kind of hard for the concerned citizenry to have a voice on the Hill. Unless you have extremely deep pockets. Both sides of the aisle have failed the very people they were elected to "represent". Our forefathers must be spinning in thier respective graves. I doubt this is what they had in mind.

Just a few nuggets as an example of the abuse of "earmarks" from our Presidents latest budget proposal:

-$800,000 for the Neosho National Fish Hatchery in Missouri

-$1.5 million for a waterway named in honor of former Senator J. Bennett Johnston, a Louisiana Democrat.

-$894,000 for an air traffic control tower in Kalamazoo, Mich.

-$12 million for a parachute repair shop at the American air base in Aviano, Italy

-$6.5 million for research in Wyoming on the “fundamental properties of asphalt.”

-$3 million for a forest conservation project in Minnesota

-$2.1 million for a neutrino detector at the South Pole

Yep...our tax dollars being pissed away. Ya gotta love it!

yet they still don't add up to what Bush and his buddies are wasting on a monthly bases in Iraq $12billion of your taxe dollars.

I hate earmarks but yet some find this wasting ok, I'd rather my tax dollars helping out Minnesota or for the air traffic tower then this wastless war we are in any day!!!!!!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

"...And can history produce an instance of rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & a half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson's letter to a friend, 1787

I agree with both you and mrballsonya, the cure is awareness and utilizing social networking sights like this to prepare for the next election so that the media cannot munipulate the outcome, and continue choosing candidates who look out for the social elite. I thought we would have taken control in this election, but obviously the Internet lobby (even though it is growing) does not yet foster enough support to take back control of the government. If we spread the word and continue to build on our progress in time we (the American people) will be in the drivers seat again despite the efford and money from special interest groups!

All we can hope for, is an uprising and overthrow. I know this sounds extremely drastic, but in my mind it's the only way to take our country back from our Corporate controlled government.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

uprising? those are strong words... things were good in this country only a decade or so ago. not sure anarchy is the answer.

I seen this bumper sticker today that should make you wonder.

It's not Left versus Right, It's the State versus You.

First, the correct grammar is "I saw.....", not "I seen..."

Secondly, who exactly is that Big Bad State? I thought it was We The People. Don't be made at the state, be made at those who are running the State. Big difference.