Flowback postings... are they up yet?

monroeman

That's a good question; we'll try to find out tomorrow.

Pump,

Indy is being offered opportunities at locations that are in a zone by themselves. Indy is in a zone by itself. Sign-up extended to 5 pm Monday because of the late posting at your Plant. The Flowback will be by contract; since your Plant is a #4 on the hierarchy list you must wait until the other Postings flow thru the first 3 levels. Perhaps a few more jobs may make it to your Plant later.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that the postings are different for each plant. Sandusky's postings were as follows.

Non Skilled:

Lima 6

Memphis 7

Phoenix 7

Skilled:

Kansas City / Electricians 6

Kansas City / Stationary Steam Engineer 3

Van Dyke / Refrigeration Maintenance 1

Ohio Assembly / Millwright 9

Ohio Assembly / Stationary Steam Engineer 1

Here at MSP some of the skilled trades are just now getting there frist offer. I dont understand ACH being offered these job's. The Hierarchy in the contract is all Layed off & Jsp is to receive offer's frist. We are to get in zone offers 1st. If there is no available in zone job's than we are to be offered available out of zones next. Then ACH is to be offered. After that Trades go from production back to there trade.

Can someone explain why Layed off & JSP is being grouped in with ACH??

Elec. - were offered all inzone & out of zone openings

TM was offered DT

TD was offered RE

MW were offered Nothing.

We have MR MW SSE & WR wating for there frist offer.

Edited by whiteford

It appears that the postings are different for each plant. Sandusky's postings were as follows.

Non Skilled:

Lima 6

Memphis 7

Phoenix 7

Skilled:

Kansas City / Electricians 6

Kansas City / Stationary Steam Engineer 3

Van Dyke / Refrigeration Maintenance 1

Ohio Assembly / Millwright 9

Ohio Assembly / Stationary Steam Engineer 1

There might be more added later.

Apparently the other lever Mullally has to pull is the lever flushing the ACH employee's down the toilet.

Hey ShelbyGT500,

Are you quoting from your actual posting ?? Becuase it's funny that we don't have Van Dyke in our posting !! Van Dyke is in our in-zone area, why are they offering out-of-zone first !! Got alot of questions for our union and they better have answers !!!

I am not looking for finite numbers. But your own quote seems to suggest they are there.

QUOTE (dark271 @ Mar 25 2008, 06:57 PM) *

.......... but as of jan. 08, 3486 total temps at ford fac. NOT including ACH.

Yeah, what a bunch of crapola! Temp City!! There must be more postings to come.

wildosvt Posted Today, 06:42 PM

Ok, "Employee's elections will be used to satisfy the requirements of this Ford posting. Should future opportunities arise: additional postings will be forwarded to those locations."

Anyone want to put 2cents in on this? Form the q&a at the end of Q#1.

Yeah, my Chairman pointed to this line specifically today during a personal Q&A session, and led me to believe that Ford and the UAW were working on more buyouts and more flowbacks. He wouldn't commit to it 100%, but his general demeanor led me to think that there was a 75% + chance of both happening. Just trying to give you the gist of the conversation. He's not pushing people out the door, I'll tell you that.

QUOTE (dark271 @ Mar 25 2008, 06:57 PM) *

.......... but as of jan. 08, 3486 total temps at ford fac. NOT including ACH.

Yeah, what a bunch of crapola! Temp City!! There must be more postings to come.

wildosvt Posted Today, 06:42 PM

Ok, "Employee's elections will be used to satisfy the requirements of this Ford posting. Should future opportunities arise: additional postings will be forwarded to those locations."

Anyone want to put 2cents in on this? Form the q&a at the end of Q#1.

Yeah, my Chairman pointed to this line specifically today during a personal Q&A session, and led me to believe that Ford and the UAW were working on more buyouts and more flowbacks. He wouldn't commit to it 100%, but his general demeanor led me to think that there was a 75% + chance of both happening. Just trying to give you the gist of the conversation. He's not pushing people out the door, I'll tell you that.

HDM, Forgive my terrible memory brother. But what plant are you at again? And thanks for chiming in. Btw, Im getting this same vibe too about buyouts. Never mind, I see your from Saline too. I thought so but was not certain. The meeting on saturday should be interesting. ;)

Edited by wildosvt

Ford Worker 1994

Yes ShelbyGT500 has a correct post for Sandusky. Plus our window was extended (as of 3:30) till 1:00 p.m. Monday.

It seems that each plant has different postings.

I was told that Avon Lake was meeting this afternoon to decide on additional manpower needs.

There must be more posting coming, because i didn't see any for millwrights or welders. :banghead::banghead::banghead: Four years in gen and still waiting at Wixom.

I wouldnt bet on it i know ther are some millwrights out there waiting for openings, but i dont thik we have any welders in gen

I wouldnt bet on it i know ther are some millwrights out there waiting for openings, but i dont thik we have any welders in gen

Really ? Do you mean Wixom or anywhere ? One of the reps with the Browning groupies is from Rouge and he said there were something like 20 in Gen at Rouge just a couple months ago. I'll check his name tomorrow.

Pump,

Indy is being offered opportunities at locations that are in a zone by themselves. Indy is in a zone by itself. Sign-up extended to 5 pm Monday because of the late posting at your Plant. The Flowback will be by contract; since your Plant is a #4 on the hierarchy list you must wait until the other Postings flow thru the first 3 levels. Perhaps a few more jobs may make it to your Plant later.

That's consistent with what our local rep told us last Tuesday.

Fire, thanks for that update.

Really ? Do you mean Wixom or anywhere ? One of the reps with the Browning groupies is from Rouge and he said there were something like 20 in Gen at Rouge just a couple months ago. I'll check his name tomorrow.

millwrights or welders? The international gen rep told our welder(st.Louis) we only had 1 left, that there were only 4 in the system during our window 3 signed up to retire 1 from st.louis took the buyout if the info was correct that equals 0 welders

Edited by meuaw

We have both Millwrights and a Welder in JSP at Maumee. SO I know for sure there is at least one welder. So far at Maumee, nothing for Millwrights, Welders, Machine Repair and Power Service trades. I know some people like sitting around doing nothing, but I sure don't I just want this over with so I can move on. This has been hanging over our head for 18 months or better now. One thing is clear, the suits up North don't give a damn about any of us or our families. They just keep acting like they have not a single clue how this affects people. Well ok maybe they are not acting. I don't know about any other plants, but at Maumee, none of our supervision people are still sitting around waiting for somewhere to go. All that stayed with the company have been placed. They obviously don't give a shit about us lowly hourly workers. Sorry about the rant but I am just stressed as hell over this crap.

millwrights or welders? The international gen rep told our welder(st.Louis) we only had 1 left, that there were only 4 in the system during our window 3 signed up to retire 1 from st.louis took the buyout if the info was correct that equals 0 welders

Another thing to think about, trades that went back to production. at van dyke we have several tradesmen, including a welder and milwright that have returned to production, not gen/jsp, but have first shot at any plant openings for those trades.

Edited by mechanic

Another thing to think about, trades that went back to production. at van dyke we have several tradesmen, including a welder and milwright that have returned to production, not gen/jsp, but have first shot at any plant openings for those trades.

Who told you that??? It goes by seniority!!

Don't you mean LAST?

Hey ShelbyGT500,

Are you quoting from your actual posting ?? Becuase it's funny that we don't have Van Dyke in our posting !! Van Dyke is in our in-zone area, why are they offering out-of-zone first !! Got alot of questions for our union and they better have answers !!!

Yes, I typed the numbers in from the hand outs.

There are 18 G/Ws going back in GEN next week at the rouge. They completed a equipment tear-out at Dearborn Engine Plant. Some of these G/Ws have been in GEN 5 years.

Careful about I-reps . It can stir up the oligarchy in these parts.

That is not correct.

There are at least two dozen welder generals in JSP not counting the ones the user from the Rouge says are going in additionally.