Jerry York says that Mullaly should Sell Volvo and dump Mercury

mackinaw

It's begun. I just got a special "news update" from Automotive News that Tracinda's Jerry York says that Mullaly should sell Volvo and dump Mercury. I'm hoping that AutoWeek picks up this article so you can all read it.

Jerry York also "said" to fire Rick Wagoner. We know how that one turned out. York can go shove it up his piehole, and Mulally should tell him as much.

Jerry York also "said" to fire Rick Wagoner. We know how that one turned out. York can go shove it up his piehole, and Mulally should tell him as much.

not until hes renamed him Fairy Dork....seems the guy is the epitamy of everything I read in/ despise about the media...

Edited by Deanh

So if the Ford's Special B Stock gives them 40% of the voting rights, that means all the remainimg A Stock = the other 60%.

To circumvent the Fords, Tracinda would need to get 51% of the Vote.

In order to do that, Tracinda would have to convince 85% of A Stock Holders their assertions are correct.

I can't see that happening.

Edited by jpd80

So if the Ford's Special B Stock gives them 40% of the voting rights, that means all the remainimg A Stock = the other 60%.

to get 51% of the Vote Tracinda would have to convince 85% of A Stock Holders their assertions are correct.

I can't see that happening.

neither can I...to me hes just stirring the pot ( probably for his/ their potential gain no less ) almost gossip style hoping panic will eventuate......

OTOH, Volvo and Mercury are SAVED!!!!!

Neither GM nor Chrylser (standalone) nor DaimlerChrysler EVER did what York/Kerk wanted...

Besides, is Captain Kerk going to foot the bill for closing Mercury? Is Captain Kerk going to buy Volvo? Because one is going to cost money and the other would have to be financed in this mess of a market.

Neither GM nor Chrylser (standalone) nor DaimlerChrysler EVER did what York/Kerk wanted...

Besides, is Captain Kerk going to foot the bill for closing Mercury? Is Captain Kerk going to buy Volvo? Because one is going to cost money and the other would have to be financed in this mess of a market.

nice team...Dork and Jerk.

Didn't you say Volvo was used for collateral on the existing loans?

Also, surely it's not hard for Ford to do Mercury variants of Focus and Mustang to add some product flavor?

Edited by jpd80

YORK DID NOT SAY HE'D "DUMP" MERCURY. HE SAID HE'D SELL IT!

Sorry for the caps, but the stupidity and ill informed nature of the guy makes me angry. Here's the quote from AN:

When asked whether York would sell Mercury, he said: "Mercury, as a matter of principle, I would (sell it). But first I'd want to understand the likely cost savings versus the value loss, and that's always a difficult analysis. You have to see how many Ford customers would stick with Ford if you closed Mercury."

If he meant close it, then he should have clearly stated so, indicating that he understands Mercury's place within Ford and its dealerships. Since he didn't clarify his comments, I conclude he doesn't have a clue.

Well, that makes no sense on the grounds of:

1. The intergrated nature of Lincoln and Mercury dealerships.

2. Mercury is totally dependant on and linked to Ford designs.

For goodness sake, surely he's not suggesting Mercury become a trim version of Volvo in a package deal!

Despite those remarks, York appeared confident in the Automotive News

article that Ford Mulally — whom York met with confidentially in early April — might

be preparing to make some of these moves.

While he said Mulally did not tell him of his plans, York told the magazine:

I think you’ll see that he’ll put Volvo on the market within the next year and a half.”

That's a lot different to selling right now, maybe Kerkorian can't wait that long.....

Edited by jpd80

Oh geez. York is Salsaking!

Claiming to have all sorts of insights into what's 'really' going on, and prepared to take credit for actions that he has no control over with a sort of "Have you never known the triumph of a lucky guess?" kind of self-satisfaction.

Edited by RichardJensen

Maybe for subaru or renault/foreign company.

"The new Subaru tracinda"

or

"The all new Tracinda from Skoda" :hysterical: There's a world class car right there! :hysterical:

At least it's not alphabet soup like so many other new cars. Still think it's a foreign sounding name though.

How about,

"The new Pugeot Placenta"? :ohsnap:

They can't sell Mercury, its not a company or subsidiary. Just a badge on same Ford car/truck. By 2011-12, it will be gone.

Maybe they'll sweeten the deal by throwing in the state of Michigan, the Statue of Liberty, and a handful of bridges for good measure. The idea that Ford could sell Mercury is that ludicrous.